Author Topic: new primitive picture thread  (Read 8021 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: new primitive picture thread
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 05:00:40 AM »
Being mean is fun!

:whatever:

A certain other fellow from DU (Buzz Clik) thought he would try that tactic once and promptly was shown to be an ignorant fool.

DU and the other far left sites have the market cornered when it comes to hate and vitriol so your attempts at drawing some sort of equivalence just make you look silly.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 05:41:21 AM »
Being mean is fun!

I generally don't get on with the insults about people there, however I will point out that as recently as yesterday your friends there were enforcing visual stereotypes of conservative on a thread about a liberal having a crush on a conservative asking if he 'had all his teeth', etc. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »
I think she may be a post op. trans.

You know, I have nothing but respect and reverence for Great Old Age.

At first, when I watched Yosemite Sam on Skins's island, the worst I thought was that he was just a silly old woman, somewhat spoiled by a too-affluent life.

But then one time--maybe abour four years ago?--the Bostonian Drunkard was touring California (on someone else's dime, naturally), and Yosemite Sam met him, after which Yosemite Sam posted a photograph of he and some other old woman scraping the dermatological excreta off the Bostonian Drunkard's cheeks.

I think the other old woman was the greywarrior primitive, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, after seeing Yosemite Sam slurping and slobbering all over the Bostonian Drunkard, I sort of lost my dinner, and with it, any possible respect and reverence for this one example of Great Old Age.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 08:20:22 AM »
I generally don't get on with the insults about people there, however I will point out that as recently as yesterday your friends there were enforcing visual stereotypes of conservative on a thread about a liberal having a crush on a conservative asking if he 'had all his teeth', etc. 

If you think that making fun of people for the way they look is wrong, then why do it?
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 08:33:06 AM »

If you think that making fun of people for the way they look is wrong, then why do it?

When did *I* do it? I was merely playing with the semantics of what CP said because I found it odd to be saying one was just out of the shower and they were wearing a turtleneck(something I find odd to wear in California to begin with assuming she leaves in either the desert or the beach areas), not how she looked...you might want to look at the left hand side of each post to see who wrote what.

BTW, you also made a diversion from my original point to that DUers are just as keen on being nasty when it comes to the visual. I can even remember being attacked right on CU by a liberal troll--the kind that signs up over and over and over again.

I don't think it's right on either side and you will be VERY hard pressed to find me engaged in it, but I think if you are being fair you know it goes on on both sides and that was my point that you can't wag your finger on this forum if you aren't wagging it over at the other. It makes you at the very least inconsistent.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 08:39:29 AM by jtyangel »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 09:13:20 AM »
The children are adorable. Not sure I would so willingly post them on DU though.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »

Because it hurts your little feelings.

H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »

If it makes you feel better, have at it...........

It's hard to hurt my feelings, though.  Difference in lib and conservative.  We're a little thicker skinned.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 10:09:24 AM »

Offline Red October

• Future All Star

Offline lastparker

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »
Oh, FFS!  Never mind TNO..... back to the MOST INTRUGUING subject at hand......

CalPeg.....

I NEVER noticed before.  So I tooled over to the DUmp and, using my new donor search powers, perused some older pic threads.  I give you:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=7643614

See post #5....... a more revealing blouse.....thoughts?
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 10:29:54 AM »
Oh, FFS!  Never mind TNO..... back to the MOST INTRUGUING subject at hand......

CalPeg.....

I NEVER noticed before.  So I tooled over to the DUmp and, using my new donor search powers, perused some older pic threads.  I give you:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=7643614

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 10:45:10 AM »

CalPeg.....

I NEVER noticed before.  So I tooled over to the DUmp and, using my new donor search powers, perused some older pic threads.  I give you:

I think you proved it, madam.

Congratulations.

And also to Bondai, who some days ago made me aware that Yosemite Sam might actually be a man, at least originally.

After that, I was 99.5% confident Bondai was right.

You made it 100%, and I salute and thank you.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline lastparker

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 10:50:05 AM »
:spork::spork::spork::spork::spork::spork::spork:
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 12:04:39 PM »

CalPeg.....

Do you know what decided it for me? The hand...what little I saw of a very large, masculine hand.

I think you proved it, madam.

Congratulations.

And also to Bondai, who some days ago made me aware that Yosemite Sam might actually be a man, at least originally.

After that, I was 99.5% confident Bondai was right.

You made it 100%, and I salute and thank you.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »
Being mean is fun!

Oh stop it, as an experiment, I went to DU and posted my picture in their thread. As soon as they found out who I was, they got all gnarly and rude.... and I got a tombstone.  :lmao:   

boobies?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 12:22:12 PM »

If it makes you feel better, have at it...........

It's hard to hurt my feelings, though.  Difference in lib and conservative.  We're a little thicker skinned.

Schade needs a minit or more.  :naughty:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »
The children are adorable. Not sure I would so willingly post them on DU though.
MsKandice' kid is going to be a lady killer.

Overall, they either look like average people or really old hippies. Ladies, nothing looks stupider than long, straight gray hair -- worse on a guy than on a gal.  I hope that doesn't offend any of you (I haven't seen any of you with that).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »

Overall, they either look like average people or really old hippies. Ladies, nothing looks stupider than long, straight gray hair -- worse on a guy than on a gal.  I hope that doesn't offend any of you (I haven't seen any of you with that).

I'm always keeping mine...looks better long, always has...but I dye any gray now...well, not that I have any, mind you :whistling: :old: ;)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »

I think long hair is fine on certain people. Operative word being "certain". And rarely does that mean men in my book. Long hair needs to be cared for and some people mistakenly equate length with quality and good looks. I always giggle on makeover shows when they tell the woman that her hair is going to be chopped off. She ends up looking a thousand times better but it's so funny to see the emotional attachment people have to their hair.

Having said that, I used to cling to my hair as well. I thought every haircut that took away length took away beauty. Boy was I wrong! Now, I just tell my hairdresser to make me look good. I don't ever dictate how much she can cut off. (Okay, this last part should only be employed when you really know and trust the hairdresser!!!) :lmao:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »

You are in big trouble, Mister.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »

I think long hair is fine on certain people. Operative word being "certain". And rarely does that mean men in my book. Long hair needs to be cared for and some people mistakenly equate length with quality and good looks. I always giggle on makeover shows when they tell the woman that her hair is going to be chopped off. She ends up looking a thousand times better but it's so funny to see the emotional attachment people have to their hair.

Having said that, I used to cling to my hair as well. I thought every haircut that took away length took away beauty. Boy was I wrong! Now, I just tell my hairdresser to make me look good. I don't ever dictate how much she can cut off. (Okay, this last part should only be employed when you really know and trust the hairdresser!!!) :lmao:

hee hee...I'm chuckling Dixie only because i KNOW I look better with longer hair and have been told so many many times. I actually resisted having it long until I finally realized that was the case--seriously the cost or time involved in self-dying the hair makes you want to chop it all off. I think the problem with long hair though is that most women don't know how to care for it or style it when they have it so it ends up looking like a bunch of limp or frizzy strands coming out of their heads.

I can understand the emotional attachment..I think it is two fold...it takes so long to grow for some gals that they hate to think of losing that time investment AND some women see it as youthful and a short cut as basically conceeding middle age. My hair grows fast and I've already done the short cut thing many times through my teens and 20's so that ain't me.  :naughty: :-)

What I will conceed though is that the greyer it gets, the more fragile is and harder to keep looking nice(especially if you dye it) so at some point, it will have to go shorter. I'm not going shorter then shoulder length though--read the above.  :rotf:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »

See, TNO...we even managed to offend God.  :fuelfire:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »

I think Our Lord would be OK if I suggested a trim.  He is secure in Himself that way.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2008, 01:58:28 PM »
If I had shorter hair I would look even more like a big butch dyke.  In fact I may as well have a sex change too while I am at it.  Wonder if CaliPeg knows any good doctors?
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill