Author Topic: dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher raising money for the Bostonian Drunkard  (Read 1979 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3172225

Oh my.

This one's brand new, and the primitives haven't seen this bonfire yet.

But it being so close to May 12, one wonders if the timing might not be bad.

Anyway.

proud2Blib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-17-08 06:44 PM
Original message

LOL Clever email from truthout

Guys, our donations have fallen off the edge of the world since the Democratic slugfest began. Stop fighting for a moment and support Truthout. We need you, you need us. Let's get back to basics here. Thanks in advance to our active donors.

Just click this link for our electronic donation options:

http://www.truthout.org/donations /

You can also donate by check, made payable to:
Truthout
P.O. Box 231278
Encinitas, CA 92023

Or donate by phone:

I'm curious about something, however.

The Leopudlian journalist left truthout some time ago.

truthout is based in Boston.

And doesn't the Leopudlian journalist live somewhere near Encinitas, California?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3172225

Oh my.

This one's brand new, and the primitives haven't seen this bonfire yet.

But it being so close to May 12, one wonders if the timing might not be bad.

Anyway.

I'm curious about something, however.

The Leopudlian journalist left truthout some time ago.

truthout is based in Boston.

And doesn't the Leopudlian journalist live somewhere near Encinitas, California?

Well, I just took a peek - Truthout is registered in Los Angeles under Marc Ash and has been since at least July 27th, 2005. I also noticed at this time, Pitt is only listed as a contributor - he has no real ties to Truthout beyond that. Maybe this was different in the past - but as of this moment this is how it seems to be.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Well, I just took a peek - Truthout is registered in Los Angeles under Marc Ash and has been since at least July 27th, 2005. I also noticed at this time, Pitt is only listed as a contributor - he has no real ties to Truthout beyond that. Maybe this was different in the past - but as of this moment this is how it seems to be.

Thank you, sir; I wondered.

If one watches the "title" of the Bostonian Drunkard from articles he posts on Skins's island, a long time ago the Bostonian Drunkard was listed as "managing editor."

And then after May 12, 2006, the Bostonian Drunkard was listed as "columnist."

And then sometime later--it appears, superficially, that there was bad blood between the Bostonian Drunkard and the Leopudlian journalist, causing problems for this Marc Ash character, and the Bostonian Drunkard was further demoted to "contributor."

I think recently the Bostonian Drunkard alleges "columnist," but it's one of those things that goes up and down, up and down, up and down.  However, he's still far from the height he had attained before May 12, 2006.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
An amusing tidbit..

While looking at the records for Truthout.org I noticed that the registrant city is listed as "Los Angelos" CA, 90014 this error actually appears twice in the record. - It doesn't speak well of their journalistic abilities, as they seem unable to spell the name of one of the most well-known Cities in America right. Left-leaning journalism at its finest.  :whatever:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Doesn't the BD have his own blog?  Or did that go belly up?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator

Ive never been aware of one - just repostings of things he had written in the past, mostly for truthout.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator

Wasn't it that thing called something like "smirkingchimp"?

I haven't heard about that for years.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

I vaguely remember he stepped down from the editorial position at Truth Out to start his own blog but then I lost track of it.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

I think I found what it was, it was he quit Truth Out to take a position with Pregressive Democratics of America, does that sound right?  I don't think he's there anymore from there "about us" page but I found a reference in Wiki.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Why doesn't Pitt use some of that trust fund of his to help Truth Out? They might even make him a managing editor again.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Why doesn't Pitt use some of that trust fund of his to help Truth Out? They might even make him a managing editor again.

The Bostonian Drunkard's a liberal, remember.

Liberals love to spend money.

However, only when it's other people's money, not theirs.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Cindie

He probably will...in 24 business hours.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Cindie

He probably will...in 24 business hours.

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.