Author Topic: Tom in Tib makes another interesting claim  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Tom in Tib makes another interesting claim
« on: April 17, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »
In a thread about polygamy, Tom in Tib fires off another claim:

TomInTib(1000+ posts)
Thu Apr-17-08 01:05 PM
Response to Original message
8. Well...., I am currently living in three different houses...

I am currently living in three different houses with three different women, who are all friends.

But I can't write them off as dependants for tax purposes. And that's one of the things that bugs me about polygamy. Those guys get write-downs on all those women and kids.

Let me guess, he's living with three supermodels :mental:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=3170926&mesg_id=3171092
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Tom in Tib makes another interesting claim
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
Another transparent bouncy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »

TomInTib(1000+ posts)

I am currently living in three different houses with three different women, who are all friends.

But I can't write them off as dependants for tax purposes. And that's one of the things that bugs me about polygamy. Those guys get write-downs on all those women and kids.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=3170926&mesg_id=3171092

This guy's "life" would make for an entertaining TV series.  Why doesn't he contact the networks.  I'm sure they'd be interested in the second most decorated man in Naval history, the father of a major leaguer and one of Santana's band members. :mental:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »
The lying titty primitive isn't living "with" three different women; the lying titty primitive is apparently living "off" three different women.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but I suspect one or two or all three of those women work in a "cash-only" sort of business, usually nights.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »
The lying titty primitive isn't living "with" three different women; the lying titty primitive is apparently living "off" three different women.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but I suspect one or two or all three of those women work in a "cash-only" sort of business, usually nights.

You're probably right on the mark.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »
Yes, bumming food, sex and a snooze on some lady's couch isn't polygamy.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »

TomInTib(1000+ posts)

This guy's "life" would make for an entertaining TV series.  Why doesn't he contact the networks.  I'm sure they'd be interested in the second most decorated man in Naval history, the father of a major leaguer and one of Santana's band members. :mental:
That show's already been done.  They called it Quantum Leap.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-17-08 03:16 PM
Response to Reply #14
16. Yeah....

they all know one another.

That's how I met them.

One is a World Class Skier (snow).

One is a Documentary maker who has sailed around the world.

And one is an artist.

I am just a fool with a guitar.

Tom

I'm sure that part is true.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »

You're probably right on the mark.

And that business generally doesn't have accountants, right?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 03:09:20 PM »

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 04:45:20 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I also suspect that now that he got canned or left his last job selling trinkets that his next job app will either be in the janitorial or food service industries if he ever gets another job that is.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 04:47:46 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I also suspect that now that he got canned or left his last job selling trinkets that his next job app will either be in the janitorial or food service industries if he ever gets another job that is.

Interstate off-ramp with a cardboard sign will probably be next. Then, he'll have a whole new audience to lie to about being a "Hungry Vet".
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 05:55:02 PM »
I am currently homeless, living in three different houses sponging off three different women, who are all letting me sleep on their couch.

Fixed.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
I'm starting to think he is now making these claims to get our attention.

I think the best way to deal with TiT is to ignore him. It seems to be the one thing he hates.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »

I think the best way to deal with TiT is to ignore him. It seems to be the one thing he hates.

I agree, but it's six of one thing and half a dozen of another thing.

On one hand, the lying titty primitive's an attention whore, a drama queen, and luxuriates in our care and concern for him, and that's not good.

But on the other hand, the more the lying titty primitive talks, the more beans he spills about his lies, hanging himself with his own rope.

I feel both ways about it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lauri

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »
TomInTib(1000+ posts)

Tom, the hardest thing to believe in that yarn is that you actually make enough to file a tax return at all.

:loser:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »

On one hand, the lying titty primitive's an attention whore, a drama queen, and luxuriates in our care and concern for him, and that's not good.

But on the other hand, the more the lying titty primitive talks, the more beans he spills about his lies, hanging himself with his own rope.

This is true - the hardest part of spreading lies is remembering exactly what you said and to whom. I think though that his inability to separate fact from fantasy has become so obvious that most of the primitives seem to ignore him at this point, or at the very most respond with a meaningless pleasantry. Though in this case hisownpetard and seabeyond seem to see beyond the tales and watch gleefully as he detonates via his own petard.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 08:05:24 PM »
Frank,

How would Freud described TiT? Could it be that TiT's grandiose fairy tales are his attempts to over compensate for inadequacies?

Or is he simply just a pathological liar?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
Frank,

How would Freud described TiT? Could it be that TiT's grandiose fairy tales are his attempts to over compensate for inadequacies?

Or is he simply just a pathological liar?

Both.

When the lying titty primitive first came to the notice of us over at the other place, Delilah did a most-excellent Freudian analysis of him; a damned great analysis.

Maybe when Delilah shows up, she can track it down.

The bottom line being, the lying titty primitive actually believes his lies; the lying titty primitive actually really honestly believes, for example, he was on Mt. Sinai with Moses.

Yes.

Seriously.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 12:24:45 AM »

He recently complained about outside attention to him being incessant. I'm not certain which site he is referencing, as we aren't the only one entertained by his exploits. But, having said that-followed up with his usual swipe about his detractors masturbating in their mama's basement-he will then go right back to slapping down these ridiculous, incredible, wine-infused fairly tales. So I suspect there is more than a glimmer of exhibitionism in it, just like all the name-dropping. So if he's a total loser in real life, by gawd, he can at least be the legendary biggest arse on the internet.

My only regret is that he does get the opportunity to pretend to those DUmmies who aren't already on to him that there is something political driving the negative personal attention from conservative websites, so he has their automatic partisan sympathy and defense. All he has to do is yell "Freeper" and the lines close around him (now who's hiding beneath Mama's apron, TiT?). I don't think I feel sorry for them; it's more that his cowardly MO annoys me.

His otherwise unoriginal cheerleader posts and kissup socializing on a liberal message board would be about as big a threat to the Republican party, as any boozy song lyrics the "fool with a guitar" could manage to write for himself would be to the careers of the truly accomplished songwriters/musicians whose work he keeps trying to take credit for on DU.

Since the administrator doesn't allow personal confrontations, lurking DUmmies can either take heed or someday find TiT sleeping on their couch, hitting them up for loans, and possibly paying the wrong kind of attention to their young females.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
Maybe when Delilah shows up, she can track it down.

The bottom line being, the lying titty primitive actually believes his lies; the lying titty primitive actually really honestly believes, for example, he was on Mt. Sinai with Moses.

Yes.

Seriously.

Is this the one you're thinking about Frank: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2013502&postcount=99

You know, these phony soldier types would make an interesting sociological study. I wonder what Margaret Mead would have to say about these types. One of my English professors who I adored (granted he was one of those radical hippie types...but VERY cute...I was only 18 and very impressionable) was enamored with her ex-husband, Gregory Bateson. Steps to an Ecology of Mind was probably his most famous work, but his Mind and Nature: A Necessary Unity was required reading. Though it's been years since I read it, it's not as new agey as one might think. He was an anthropologist of some note, but he was also a social scientist and linguist.

Anyway, he and a couple other colleagues developed this theory called "Double Bind", originally as an explanation for schizophrenia. It's sort of a catch-22, except the "victim" isn't aware that he or she in such an inescapable dilemma and must choose between equally unsatisfactory alternatives. In the case of our Tom here, he's faced with quite a paradox: does he come clean about all his lies and lose the most of the respect he's built at DU (the fact that it's all based on a false premise is inconsequential to him)? Or, does he continue to perpetuate the myth that he's this incredible superstar...a hero that is one part Jackie Collins character, one part Tom Clancy character, and one part Tom Wolfe character hoping against hope that when he IS exposed as a poseur he can keep said exposition from those in DUmmieland whom he needs desperately to validate his existence. The problem is, I honestly don't think he's aware of this problem. Unless, of course, what he's really suffering from is some kind of borderline personality disorder in which case he'll just make up new lies to cover the old ones.

Incidentally, Frank, as I was looking up some of this forgotten information, I ran across this interview of Margaret Mead and then husband, Gregory Bateson you might find interesting, For God's Sake Margaret (link to interview: http://www.oikos.org/forgod.htm.

Cindie

I was struck as I was reading through this thread...and I know democrats lie all the time...but the entire spectrum are completely pathological about it. And they're not even those "little white lies" like when I ask my husband, "Does this dress make me look fat?" You can't belief how fast that "No! Not at all honey!" comes out of his mouth (I believe he actually starts the answer WHILE he's turning his head to look). They're not even mostly those "self-preservation" kinds of things like Clinton wagging his finger and saying he did not have sex with "that woman"! I can kinda sorta understand that...he's married to the Queen Bee Harpy from Hell and could probably beat the crap out of him. What I find puzzling is they're lies are so BLATANT. I mean they're so easily (and quickly) discovered as lies. Do they HONESTLY believe they won't be found out? Do they know and not care?

Like Hillary's Bosnia story. She wanted to use it to establish her foreign policy creds. Wouldn't it have been enough to have visited the place without coming under fire? I mean how would "landing under fire" make her any better at foreign policy? It's not like she has to prove her toughness...we all know who wears the pants in that family (I'm not even sure she owns a dress...wonder if SHE ever asks her husband if an outfit makes her look fat). Anyway...or John Kerry's blatant lies about Vietnam (why it took the nation so long to figure out he was never in Cambodia still boggles). The lies he told, were they meant to bolster him in the eyes of the public..."brave warrior" and "victim"? His lies were deliberate, he knew those stories of atrocities were false and it wasn't too difficult to check the names of those "soldiers" at Winter Soldier weren't genuine. Right on down to nobodies like TiT who "wrote" songs that a 30 second google search reveals the real auther, being part of SEAL Team 3 that didn't even exist when he was supposedly serving, his famous children, or being a gun-owning ex-con who keeps pot in a briefcase under his desk and is best buddies with the chief of police. I mean I'm not even sure greenbriar MET the love of her life on that cruise...more like she saw this 20-something hunk and stalked him the entire time. I just don't get it.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »
Thank you, gardencatz.

That was it.

That was an excellent description of the lying titty primitive.
apres moi, le deluge