Author Topic: I Can't Hear You.  (Read 971 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
I Can't Hear You.
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »
 :-) OMC Tweaking the Obamites
OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Thu Apr-17-08 12:59 PM
Original message
I Can't Hear You.
 Can't hear a word you're saying.

The crying's too loud in here. Way too loud.

In fact, I haven't heard such loud incessant crying since Marty Brodeur last complained to a ref (sorry, I'm stuck in playoff hockey mode right now).

Obama bombed last night.

He just did.

He could've done far better.

He didn't.

Oh well.

Get over it.

Life goes on.

Sheesh.

Reverend Wright's Audacity To Hope Speech We're all fighting the good fight. Always remember that we're in this together, and I fight proudly beside you. Never let keyboard bullies bring you down, for we are stronger than they
This just started but he usually gets em going pretty good :popcorn: :fuelfire:http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5549109
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: I Can't Hear You.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 05:11:13 PM »
 :rotf:

They seem angry over on the island. :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 05:44:59 PM »

cricket08   (1000+ posts)           Thu Apr-17-08 02:00 PM
Response to Reply #2
24. Media issues definitely exist...

It's just that this is the first time you guys have been on the receiving end. I must say, you don't seem to be handling it very well.

Terran (1000+ posts)           Thu Apr-17-08 03:00 PM
Response to Reply #37
40. What planet are you on?

The media have harped on all this stuff for months; the debate was just a continuation of it. Or did you miss that big speech about race in America that caused such a stir? Why did you think he made that speech, just for the hell of it? Jesus, try reality, you might get a little more mileage out of it.

cricket08   (1000+ posts)           Thu Apr-17-08 03:32 PM
Response to Reply #40
47. The media has had to report on all

of Obama's mishaps. The difference is the slant that's placed on it - always minimizing or trying to figure out if Obama can survive it? I don't know what media you watch, but if you watch MSNBC, they might as well be on Obama's payroll.

That speech on race would have been a lot more effective to me if it had been for the hell of it. Since it was politically motivated, it had less meaning to me.

What planet are you on??

Terran (1000+ posts)           Thu Apr-17-08 03:39 PM
Response to Reply #47
48. we'll have to disagree

You AND the media call them "mishaps", as if he did something wrong. Most people (apparently) see it for what it is: harping on stupid shit for ratings or political gain.

And btw, would your candidate ever have made a similar speech on her own, regardless of motivation? I think not, and of course she still hasn't, and won't. It took a lot to make that speech even if it was done in reaction; he could have just stayed silent. He *chose* to speak up about something no other serious political candidate has ever spoken about.
:-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »
Oh my.

The operating one has quite a reputation on Skins's island.

Either that, or the primitives in general have quite another sort of reputation.

This comment, about the operating one:

dionysus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-17-08 02:09 PM
Response to Reply #17

27. Watch Out. He Will Outsmart You By Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word....

But on the other hand, probably it's not so hard to outsmart the primitives, so maybe the operating one is just ordinary.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »
Oh my, they be pissed at OMC.. As usual.   :popcorn:

He really needs to find another forum to be a part of. They are growing tired of his levelheaded posts. I'm not saying he isn't a Dem.. He just doesn't fit into the Size 14 1/2 Crazy Shoes they all wear on the island.