Author Topic: An actual debate at the DUmp? WIll be locked in 3...2....1.....  (Read 854 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5548643
BlueFireAnt (62 posts)      Thu Apr-17-08 04:32 PM
Original message
Obam, McCain, or Hillary. In the end, Does it REALLY make a difference?
 Let me start this saying I am an Obama supporter. He seem s like the only one who MAY not fit the mold, but hopefully we'll find out over the next four years. Until he proves me wrong, I'm sticking by my opinion of all politicians.

Truth is, THEY ARE ALL POLITICIANS. They pander to what their base wants to hear and try to steal a few from the other side. They are all about what is best for them. If they weren't, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. We've had Democrats and Republicans in the White House and holding majorities ni the legislative branch and nothing has really changed. Every time you vote it is for the lesser of two evils. We have just been programmed to believe it makes a difference. Economies go up and down, regardless of who's in charge. Tell me how anyone's life has really changed because of who's in charge. I don't mean the way we feel about things, I mean how has it REALLY changed. I consider myself liberal, but I'm also a realist. The government SHOULD take care of those who can't take care of themselves, but only a fool would DEPEND on it. It won't happen. That's why, as individuals, we should take care of one another. Period.

Alert | Add to my Journal | Hide Thread | Recommend (0 votes) Printer Friendly | Permalink | Edit | Reply | Top

Someboby didn't get the memo.

MethuenProgressive  (1000+ posts)       Thu Apr-17-08 04:34 PM
Response to Original message
3. The McCain for President forum is over that way ----------->
 You've evidently lost your way.
"Obama's the political equivalant of junk food." Fighting terrorism since 1492!  God BLESS America!
 Alert Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

There's the memo.

BlueFireAnt (62 posts)      Thu Apr-17-08 04:42 PM
Response to Reply #3
5. First of all, you don't know me.
 This is why I tend to stay closer to the lounge.

Maybe it's because I'm 32. I've seen only Bushes or Clinton during my prominent years, and my life really didn't change from one to the next. Either way, the government doesnt help thiose who need it, but wants them to depend on the government anyway.

I wasn't around for the Kennedy, Carter (even though I have a picture with Billy when I was a child), or enough presidents to really relate many to the others. I'm not trying to start a bunch of shit, just voicing my opinion, which is Obama is the closest to a genuine person and not part of a political machine (either party) I've ever seen. But that don't make it so, he could be a very good actor. I've thrown all my support to him. I WILL NOT vote for McCain or any republican, just based solely on my beliefs.

So don't ****ing judge me.
 Alert | Add to my Journal Printer Friendly | Permalink | Edit | Reply | Top

:catfight:
DangerDave921 (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-17-08 04:52 PM
Response to Reply #5
12. Presidents
 One truism about presidents is that many people give them too much credit when things go well, and too much blame when things go poorly. Presidents -- by the very nature of the Constitution -- have limited powers. And economicaly, Presidents have very little power at all. Yet folks are ready to blame the President when gas prices go up, or food prices, or health care costs. Tell me how gas prices will go down once a Dem is elected president.

Was the economy good under Clinton? Sure it was. But there was still unemployment and homeless people and people without health insurance, etc. It was not some kind of economic paradise as is sometimes claimed on here. The economy was good under Reagan too. Not so good under Nixon and Carter in the early to mid 1970's. Do we really want to subscribe a good or bad economy to the President alone?

The President counts on a few major issues: SCOTUS is huge nowadays. War powers. Federal appointments, including judges. And being a spokesperson for big ideas. But I do agree IN GENERAL that your personal life won't change much depending on who is president. I'll still be married with kids, still have my house, still have my job, and go about my life.

Welcome. And ignore the snide commentary by others.

What the hell is going on?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:11:58 PM by Rebel Yell »
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: An actual debate at the DUmp? WIll be locked in 3...2....1.....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
"Welcome to DU.  Enjoy your stay."   :lmao:

MethuenProgressive  (1000+ posts)       Thu Apr-17-08 04:34 PM
Response to Original message
3. The McCain for President forum is over that way ----------->
 You've evidently lost your way.
"Obama's the political equivalant of junk food." Fighting terrorism since 1492!  God BLESS America!

Hey, I like that one. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

Re: An actual debate at the DUmp? WIll be locked in 3...2....1.....
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »
Somebody is breaking from the Hive mind over there at DU. I'm sure either a tombstone or even a return to the Hive will follow up once they get "Reeducated " by der skimmer fuhrer
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"