Author Topic: primitives blame Messalina Agrippina for Alphonse Capote Gore losing in 2000  (Read 1061 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5505707

Oh my.

I thought this was about the debate last night, but the primitive bonfire was started on Monday.

Bonobo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:29 PM
Original message

DU was started because of the 2000 election fraud -which Hillary denied and Obama admitted.

Hillary blamed Gore for losing because he came off as "too elite" like Obama.

Obama, on the other hand, came right out and said, unasked, that it was his belief that Gore won the election.

There really isn't much more to say than that.

The very reason for the existence of DU was dismissed last night by Hillary Clinton, who threw Gore under the bus.

Obama has promised him a place in his administration and admitted there was a fraudulent election.

Hillary supporters: Spin it any way you like. You can't change those facts.

KAZ  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:33 PM
Response to Original message

3. I'd like an answer from Skinner on this. It was quite a moment last night.

stop the bleeding  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 10:04 PM
Response to Reply #3

31. excuse me, could you tell me what happened last night in short, I missed it, or could you tell me what to search?

Thank you in advance.

XemaSab  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 10:08 PM
Response to Reply #31

36. During the compassion forum he was asked a question about climate change

and he slipped in "By the way, I think Gore won," just totally offhand.

You'll find it in the video forum. It was AWESOME.

TheDoorbellRang  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 10:09 PM
Response to Reply #31

37. It was on the "Compassion Forum" on CNN last nite

In a nutshell, Hillary said that Dems lost in 2000 and 2004 because Gore and Kerry were perceived as "elistists." She was explaining why Obama's "elitism" was so terrible, BTW.

When Obama was on in the second half, he had finished making his point about something and then turned and grinned at the audience and said, "By the way, I think Al Gore won."

stop the bleeding  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 10:13 PM
Response to Reply #37

41. Thanks XemaSab and TheDoorbellRang

it sounds like Obama gave HRC a stiff uppercut btw.

I dunno.  It looks to this detached impartial observer that the Obamanation was pandering, not boxing.

hisownpetard  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-15-08 01:08 PM
Response to Reply #37

88. In essence, she was saying that we "lost" for a reason, and the fault lies with the candidate(s)

we chose - not because the election was stolen.

WHY does this woman have a (D) after her name?

This is so outrageous, and it has got to stop.

"Hanoi Hillary." STFU.

It's nearly all frothing rabid Obamaites--a very large bonfire--and then the dampener:

maddiejoan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:41 PM

9. Where is she wrong?

""We had two very good men, and men of faith, run for president in 2000 and 2004," she said. "Large segments of the electorate concluded that they did not really understand, or relate to, or respect their ways of life."

seriously -- where?

Bonobo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:42 PM
Response to Reply #9

12. There was a lot more there than that quote.

maddiejoan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:43 PM
Response to Reply #12

13. I'm having trouble locating it

I'd be happy to read it, if you have more luck.

Bonobo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:44 PM
Response to Reply #13

15. You'll be the first one to know if I find it, I promise.

maddiejoan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:45 PM
Response to Reply #15

17. Thanks!

I'm being sincere.

Bonobo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:47 PM
Response to Reply #17

20. I found it, but you will deny what she was clearly implying in my eyes. Here:

CLINTON: Well, I'm going to let Senator Obama speak for himself. But from my perspective, the characterization of people in a way that really seemed to be elitist and out of touch is something that we have to overcome.

You know, the Democratic Party, to be very blunt about it, has been viewed as a party that didn't understand and respect the values and the way of life of so many of our fellow Americans.

And I think it's important that we make clear that we believe people are people of faith because it is part of their whole being; it is what gives them meaning in life, through good times and bad times. It is there as a spur, an anchor, to center one in the storms, but also to guide one forward in the day-to-day living that is part of everyone's journey.

And, you know, when we think about the legitimate concerns that people have about trade or immigration, those are problems to be solved. And that's what I think we should be focused on.

But I am very confident that, as we move forward tonight and beyond, people will get a chance to get to know each of us a little better, and that's really what I want to talk about. I will leave it to Senator Obama to speak for himself; he does an excellent job of that.

And I will speak for myself on what my faith journey is and what, you know, leads me to this chair here tonight.

BROWN: But, Senator, you've been out there on the stump attacking him pretty aggressively over this. And his response has been -- and he said it pretty bluntly tonight -- shame on you. You know that he is a man of faith. This is what he's saying. And to suggest that he is demeaning religion is you playing politics. CLINTON: Well, he will have to speak for himself and provide his own explanation. But I do think it raises a lot of concerns and we've seen that exhibited in the last several days by people here in Pennsylvania, in Indiana where I was yesterday, and elsewhere, because it did seem so much in-line with what often we are charged with.

Someone goes to a closed-door fund-raiser in San Francisco and makes comments that do seem elitist, out of touch and, frankly, patronizing. That has nothing to do with him being a good man or a man of faith.

We had two very good men and men of faith run for president in 2000 and 2004. But large segments of the electorate concluded that they did not really understand or relate to or frankly respect their ways of life.

And I think that is an issue for voters, as I've heard today from people I visited in Scranton and elsewhere. So this is a legitimate political issue. And there are some issues that are not. But this one is.

maddiejoan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 09:51 PM
Response to Reply #20

24. Oh.

I found that before.

Don't see where Hillary is wrong though.

Don't even see where she said "Gore lost".

Bonobo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 10:00 PM
Response to Reply #24

26. Her whole diatribe was drawing a direct parallel between Obama's elitism and why we lost in '00 and

'04. Both are both part of the Democratic party that loses elections against Republicans because of the way they appear as elites. She weaves Gore and Obama together in a way that they can hardly be seperated.

On and on she goes on to explain why WE LOST THE ELECTION. It's aall due to the very reason that she says Obama will lose. Namely that he is too much of an elitist and not a regular American like her. Not a single word about election shenanigans.

But Obama apparently had no such trouble telling what many of us see as the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT TRUTH IN THE LAST 8 YEARS -THAT HERE IN AMERICA, A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WAS STOLEN.

maddiejoan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-14-08 10:05 PM
Response to Reply #26

33. We DID lose the election in 00, and 04

whether fairly or NOT.

The fact is both Kerry and Gore won by such slim measures, that the elections were "stealable".

Do you want a repeat of that?

I don't.

And it goes on and on.

Congratulations to the Mad Joan primitive, promoted from the unterprimitiven, the lynch mob, soaring past the third-tier primitives and the second-tier primitives, joining that small exclusive group of first-tier primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
I started to read it......................and then saw it was another Gore won * lost.....

So here I feel this fits perfect

:loserbar:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion

3. I'd like my opinion from Skinner on this. It was quite a moment last night.

Fixed
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.

3. I'd like my opinion from Skinner on this. It was quite a moment last night.

Fixed

Oh please apperar to us Mein $kammer, we await your word.....please mein $kammer speak to us.... :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
hisownpetard  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-15-08 01:08 PM
Response to Reply #37

88. In essence, she was saying that we "lost" for a reason, and the fault lies with the candidate(s)

we chose - not because the election was stolen.

WHY does this woman have a (D) after her name?

This is so outrageous, and it has got to stop.

"Hanoi Hillary." STFU.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Listen up DUmbass,another thing you all have lost is your sense of reality and purpose in life but you know what I don`t give a rat.

If you want to meander pathetically through your miserable existence trying to convince yourself that you are an indirect victim of an atrocity then so be it.
All it means is that the people you hate own and control your ability to be happy.

It gives me a certain satisfaction in knowing that you are so insecure and immature that your life has somehow ended because of the 2000 election.
That means you are forever powerless.

Enjoy your self imposed misery and stay the eff out of sane peoples way.