Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive upset that Pope is a no-show at White House dinner  (Read 1181 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3167399

Oh my.

Typical of the primitives, the sparkling husband primitive is way behind on the news.

It was announced weeks and weeks ago, that while there was to be a dinner at the White House honoring Benedict XVI, the Pope himself would not be attending, having cuisine with a bunch of bishops instead.

This is ancient news, and the sparkling husband primitive just found it?

Alas! the poor primitives! always behind on the news! alas! the poor primitives!

Husb2Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 05:48 PM
Original message

MSNBC confirms: Pope to be a no-show at the White House dinner in his honor

The reason given was that he's old and needs his sleep.

I think it is something else.

Like the papal equivalent of the bird to Presidunce WarHardOn

The lying titty primitive:

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 05:55 PM
Response to Reply #4

6. I am still agog about the 21-gun salute.

Reminds me of the old Soviet Union.

"Military" on everything.

mohinoaklawnillinois  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:00 PM
Response to Reply #6

9. They had a 21-gun salute for this pope....

What, were they honoring his time in the Hitler youth or something?

Real classy,George...

Husb2Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:00 PM
Response to Reply #4

8. That got me, too

Caligula and The Lump In The Bed had to haul their asses over to Andrews to get to see him. I suspect had they not gone, Bennie would have been just as happy - or happier.

The lying titty primitive, stranded and broke, unable to get back to California because his old pal the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive wouldn't lend him any money:

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:06 PM
Response to Reply #8

11. Yeah, I saw that.

I was at a friend's house and she has TV.

Long shot on the tarmac (no cars in the frame) while The Decider and The Library Assistant walked over to Popie's aeroplane.

Looked as if they had walked all the ****ing way from el Casa Blanca.

Windy as hell, too.

Cass  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 05:51 PM
Response to Original message

5. CNN said the pope doesn't usually attend dinners at all.

I didn't catch if its just this pope that doesn't attend dinners or all popes.

The Pope attends dinners.

But since the Pope is the Pope, religious matters take precedence over matters of state, and if something conflicts with religious matters, it's not religious matters that get shoved aside.

rsmith6621  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:04 PM
Response to Reply #5

10. Jeez.....How Many Dinners Could Have Been Bought For....

......for the poor in this country knowing that the Pope was not going to be in attendance....what a waste of $$$$...and Time.

......Such compassion.

I dunno.  I'd like to see the restaurant tabs for Messalina Agrippina and the Obamanation; I bet they'd feed a lot of poor.

And I'm sure the food tab for Vast Teddy would feed hordes.

JDPriestly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:09 PM
Response to Reply #5

12. He may be on a special diet. And he may fast occasionally for spiritual reasons.

The Pope's on no special diet, and of course he fasts occasionally, but this isn't one of those occasions.

juajen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:15 PM
Response to Reply #5

13. What I heard on CNN was that Popes do not eat in public, period.

Excepting when meeting with bishops, or for reasons of state.

monmouth  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 05:59 PM

7. I read somewhere he had a previous commitment re the Church...

Well, at least the motormouth primitive knows more about it than the rest of the primitives.

Husb2Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:17 PM
Response to Reply #7

14. Maybe its just gas .......

Thepricebreaker  Donating Member  (932 posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:19 PM

15. Pope's do not eat in public - its protocol.

The Pope of course wouldn't be seen eating in public with a primitive, but the Pope does dine in public on occasion, with non-primitives.

Indenturedebtor  (910 posts) Wed Apr-16-08 06:22 PM
Response to Reply #15
16. Yet another gaffe

From the Pretzeldunce Shrub.

Damn.

The primitives don't know anything more about Roman Catholicism than they do about Christianity in general.

Such willful ignorants, the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline VivisMom

GAH! I really dislike the DUmmies, but I LOATHE them when they talk about Catholicism.

Look, DUmbasses...the Pope was celebrating Mass at the largest church in this country with the members of the USCCB (on the campus of my alma mater, no less!). The Pope is first and foremost a RELIGIOUS leader, and he is here to see the faithful of his Church. The meeting with the Cardinals outweighs a dinner at the White House, because while he is considered a person of importance on matters of state, he is THE person of importance to Catholics on matters of FAITH. He is NOT 'snubbing' Bush, he is here DOING HIS JOB...obviously something you can't comprehend because none of you have jobs.

As it turns out, the Pope agrees with ChimpyMcCokespoonBushhitler on many, many issues, and as Bush is a man who takes his personal faith seriously, I imagine that they get along well. They may disagree on some things, but what they have in common far outweighs that.

As for the Hitler Youth...do you people not get that it was MANDATORY to be a member? He didn't choose it, he was forced into it. He wanted to be a priest! He had to get special dispensation to go to seminary and get OUT of the Hitler Youth. Do you people not know how to use Google? I mean, sweet Mary Mother of God, this stuff is on the Vatican website! Stop making snide comments about things of which you know NOTHING, and start learning something!

:ranton:

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Ditto Frank! Go get em'!
 :clap:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline jukin

Mad when he is a head of state and mad when he is not. Separation of religion and state but only on their terms.

What a bunch of DUmbasses!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
GAH! I really dislike the DUmmies, but I LOATHE them when they talk about Catholicism.

Look, DUmbasses...the Pope was celebrating Mass at the largest church in this country with the members of the USCCB (on the campus of my alma mater, no less!). The Pope is first and foremost a RELIGIOUS leader, and he is here to see the faithful of his Church. The meeting with the Cardinals outweighs a dinner at the White House, because while he is considered a person of importance on matters of state, he is THE person of importance to Catholics on matters of FAITH. He is NOT 'snubbing' Bush, he is here DOING HIS JOB...obviously something you can't comprehend because none of you have jobs.

As it turns out, the Pope agrees with ChimpyMcCokespoonBushhitler on many, many issues, and as Bush is a man who takes his personal faith seriously, I imagine that they get along well. They may disagree on some things, but what they have in common far outweighs that.

As for the Hitler Youth...do you people not get that it was MANDATORY to be a member? He didn't choose it, he was forced into it. He wanted to be a priest! He had to get special dispensation to go to seminary and get OUT of the Hitler Youth. Do you people not know how to use Google? I mean, sweet Mary Mother of God, this stuff is on the Vatican website! Stop making snide comments about things of which you know NOTHING, and start learning something!

:ranton:

Couple of things . . .

First of all, H5.  Well deserved.

Second, I heard a radio interview with someone who interviewed the latest biographer of His Holiness.  In 1936, young Joseph Ratzinger was 8 years old--the age at which all German boys had to be in the Hitler Youth.  His family, who abhored the Nazis, managed to keep young Joseph out of the Hitler Youth until he was 12.  By then, he knew his vocation and wanted to be a priest, but his parents couldn't afford the seminary tuition.  Thing was, if you were a member of the Hitler Youth, you got an education subsidy.  So, young Joseph decided to join for the subsidy . . . but his heart still wasn't in it.  As it turned out, the local Nazi Party recruiter just happened to be Ratzinger's math teacher, and he was "a nice guy," according to Ratzinger's family.  Young Joseph went to the math teacher and said, "I can't do this anymore--I don't believe in it."  The math teacher said word to this effect:  "Look, all you need is one more meeting and you'll get the stamp for the education subsidy."  Ratzinger said, "I can't do this.  It goes against all I believe in."  So, the math teacher said (and this is where the "nice guy" came in handy), "I'll take care of it for you."  Young Joseph got his stamp, and his education subsidy.  So, if he was in the Hitler Youth, he certainly was not an enthusiastic member.

And, Cardinal Ratzinger was the theological muscle behind Pope John Paul II, as the Prefect of The Society For The Propagation of The Faith.  He seems to have softened in the last three years, but if push came to shove, I think that Pope Benedict XVI would stay 100% pure to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church--teachings that he helped to come up with.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
I thought the ceremony this morning was quite lovely. They seem to have completely ignored it...I mean where are the church and state threads? If the Pope was snubbing President Bush he wouldn't have shown up this morning. Suck it, DUmmies!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
^I was wondering the same thing!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline VivisMom

I googled to see how many Pope threads there are...and holy CRAP these people are just full of vitrol. And incredibly uninformed, to boot.

I so wish I had a mole to burn over there... :censored: :evillaugh: :bird: