Author Topic: My Class Had Their Wax Museum Today  (Read 955 times)

Offline CC27

My Class Had Their Wax Museum Today
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »
Dinger  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-14-09 04:34 PM
Original message
My Class Had Their Wax Museum Today
 Just thought I'd post a picture of little Barack:

This is in response to this earlier thread I posted.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

No, we didn't hear from President Obama, but I'm still hopin'.

This shit is what goes on in public schools.  This DUmmie is the teacher

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8408004

Offline terry

Re: My Class Had Their Wax Museum Today
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »
Dinger  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-23-09 10:49 PM
Original message
What Do You Think? Should I Go For It?

As many of you know, I am an elementary teacher. Every year I have my students take part in a "Wax Museum" project. They choose a person (past or present) who they admire. They research that person, and write a speech in the first person. Then they create a poster where they "advertise" the person
they will portray for the "Wax Museum". Next, they create a large backdrop (from a large roll of white paper) that will hang behind them on the day of the museum. They do all of this at school, and their parents get them a "costume" together at home that they can wear as they portray their person. On the day of the museum, they are ready. It's very exciting for them. They stand still (like wax figures) as the people approach them for the museum. As soon as the person is directly in front of them, they "come to life" and begin their speech. Then they step back and wait for the next visitor. This will be the fifth year my class has done this. It is a wonderful learning experience for the kids. Their families, friends, other classes in the school, and the local community are invited. (Boy, are the kids tired at the end of the day!). O.K., now this brings me to the "Go for it" thingie. One little boy in my class has chosen to portray President Obama for our wax museum. He is of African American and Native American descent. His father died tragically a few years ago. He has talked to me all year about choosing President Obama. He is so excited and happy to be doing this! He struggles a bit in class, but has made great strides this year. I teach third grade. Here is the speech he will give (It will be memorized):

Hi. My name is Barack Obama. I was born in 1961 in Hawaii. My parents
were of different races, and from different continents. My mom told me about
slavery and civil rights in the United States. My mother wanted me to be proud of
my background. I lived with my grandparents while I went to school. In 1983 I
graduated from The University of New York. I found a job and moved to Chicago
in 1985. I helped people in poor neighborhoods improve their lives. I got married
in 1992 to a lady named Michelle. We have two daughters named Malia and Sasha.
In 2004 I won a seat to the U.S. Senate. I asked all Americans to work together
to help the United States become an even greater country. Some people wanted me
to run for President in 2008. In November I was elected as President of the
United States. I will keep working to help people and make the world a more
peaceful place.

I know it is simple, but he was so proud of his effort. (Please let me know if anything needs correcting, and I will help him with this.)

O.K., here it goes . . . .

Fantasy time here folks . . . You're getting the idea by now . . . . How about if I invited President Obama and his family to our Wax Museum this year? It will be on May 14th. Our school is a very small rural school, with a rather diverse student population, especially for a rural Wisconsin school. Budgets are hurting us badly. We have made many cuts (teachers, programs), yet our students continue to excel. We have won numerous awards for our performance on standardized tests. Most of our students are on free and reduced lunch. We struggle, yet we succeed. I am very proud of our school.

Any suggestions of how I can go about this> Or should I?

The saddest part in all that (other than the child losing his father) is the delusional teacher that actually believes that Obama cares about that school or that child.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »
When did the US flag get red, white AND blue stripes? I know the kid is young, but when I was in school I knew what the flag looked like.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »
Hi. My name is Barack Obama. I was born in 1961 in Hawaii. My parents
were of different races, and from different continents. My mom told me about
slavery and civil rights in the United States. My mother wanted me to be proud of
my background. I lived with my grandparents while I went to school. In 1983 I
graduated from The University of New York. I found a job and moved to Chicago
in 1985. I helped people in poor neighborhoods improve their lives. I got married
in 1992 to a lady named Michelle. We have two daughters named Malia and Sasha.
In 2004 I won a seat to the U.S. Senate. I asked all Americans to work together
to help the United States become an even greater country. Some people wanted me
to run for President in 2008. In November I was elected as President of the
United States. I will keep working to help people and make the world a more
peaceful place.

I know it is simple, but he was so proud of his effort. (Please let me know if anything needs correcting, and I will help him with this.)

Yeah DUmmie put Kenya where he's from. And you may want to add the Mother being an unfit drug addict that abandoned him at the grandparents.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:36:52 PM »
Paul Bunyan, on the other side of the "museum," wasn't even a real person and he's more American that Dear Leader could ever hope to be.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
Now, I am going to go the other way and say this is a good thing. The kids are learning about how someone completely unqualified in every way became the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

Fifty years from now, they'll shake their heads and say, 'What were we thinking."

But for know- it does show what people can become. It's what makes America great.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 10:40:51 PM »
When did the US flag get red, white AND blue stripes? I know the kid is young, but when I was in school I knew what the flag looked like.

They are too busy telling of the greatness of Obama in class to learn color coordination of the U.S. flag. The flag also has white, not blue, stars , BTW.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 10:49:22 PM »
Now, I am going to go the other way and say this is a good thing. The kids are learning about how someone completely unqualified in every way became the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

Fifty years from now, they'll shake their heads and say, 'What were we thinking."

But for know- it does show what people can become. It's what makes America great.

I agree.

Cute kid also.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 06:51:08 AM »
My kid did this when he was in school.  But he was Ronald Regan.  Got him a cowboy hat, suite, boots.  Still his favorite president.  I actually have to tell him to lay off the anti obama stuff.  Today he has his club gitmo shirt on.  Wears it to school proudly.  With Rush's name on it.
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:35 AM »

Aww, don't blame the kid for that.  They probably don't have a flag in the classroom, because they don't want to seem jingoistic, and the teacher is probably teaching them that they World Citizens, not just US citizens, so he may not have frequent exposure to the flag. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 09:55:59 AM »
Time for photoshop................................. :evillaugh:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 10:20:25 AM »
No, we didn't hear from President Obama, but I'm still hopin'.

Good Lord.  The masses of sheeple are so naive and delusional, and live in a daydream state.  Obama doesn't give a shit about you, dingbat!  The same way he doesn't give a shit about all the greasy bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches up in arms over who they can marry and stick their junk to. 

Anyway, the flag pisses me off.  I'm a flag purist.  The stars need to be embroidered, and the stripes need to be stitched.  I follow all the etiquette, and somebody is NOT DOING THEIR JOB by allowing that crayon flag to be improperly drawn.  You get an F in art and civics, little obama. 

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »
Anyone know where this DUmmie is a teacher at?  I know that Fairfax County does this every year.

My daughter did Hellen Keller one year and my son did Abe Lincoln the next.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline lastparker

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 12:08:02 PM »
You get an F in art and civics, little obama. 

Oh, how that made me laugh.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »
Yeah DUmmie put Kenya where he's from. And you may want to add the Mother being an unfit drug addict that abandoned him at the grandparents.
And his father who abandoned a wife and kid in Kenya to go to the US to marry his mother whom he abandoned to marry another woman in Boston whom he abandoned to marry another woman in Kenya.

Whew!
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »
And his father who abandoned a wife and kid in Kenya to go to the US to marry his mother whom he abandoned to marry another woman in Boston whom he abandoned to marry another woman in Kenya.

Whew!

This is so often the story in some of the mixed relationships that I often wonder why the half black/half white kids always seem to relate to the black side only: the side that abandoned them in many situations and to hell with the side that worked dutifully to raise, love, and nurture them...and so many do it by gravitating to the most extreme choices in the ethnicity. I think it's more of kids trying to fill in the gap of the missing parent and they think they will find in the particular ethnic community the parent was a part of and the 'community leaders' and 'pastors' and even gang leaders/members come across as so paternal and strong--it fills the gap and they relate to that person as their father. As I said once a long time ago, it troubles me that a man sits in the White House who had to go to such extreme measures to fill in the daddy gap and is willing to deny part of him in such a harsh manner. He built up some mysterious adoration of hte missing parent that is not warranted. It says a lot about his psychological deficiencies and why he should never have been there to be begin with. :bawl:

Just speculating.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 12:31:02 PM »
Aww, don't blame the kid for that.  They probably don't have a flag in the classroom, because they don't want to seem jingoistic, and the teacher is probably teaching them that they be World Citizens, not just US citizens, so he may not have frequent exposure to the flag. 

I fixed your typo.