Author Topic: ladysquawk primitive's body trying to catch up  (Read 537 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
ladysquawk primitive's body trying to catch up
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=276x9182

Oh my.

Ladyhawk  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-12-09 08:11 PM
Original message

My heart died when I was a teenager. It's just taking my body awhile to catch up.

The other day it occurred to me that I never got over a series of events that broke my heart during my freshman and sophomore years in college. Since then, my body has been breaking apart bit by bit: chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia, sleep apnea.

I'm dying by degrees and have been since I was 18.

That's been quite a number of deca--er, years.

whathehell  (687 posts)      Wed May-13-09 01:30 PM
Response to Original message

1. Please tell me about it.....I also went through a lot of psychological and emotional pain in my twenties and early thirties..and many years later, I've come down with at least three of the disorders you mention.

What happened?...I'm listening and I care.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: ladysquawk primitive's body trying to catch up
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 02:40:07 PM »
This sort of thing is quite real.  You can ruin your body and your life by being psycho-anal retentive.  It's very common in an emotion-driven character.  They don't have the lifeskills or the ability for logical thinking, so it becomes impossible to grow beyond life's slings and arrows.  The maturity we normal people take for granted is so far out of their reach it isn't even a part of the equation. 

These people hold on to things, slights, if you will, such as the day little Roger Watkins, the big bully, pushed them down on the playground in second grade.  In their childlike mind, since they never got to see little Roger Watkins punished for his hideous act, and since their never-to-mature brain will never be balanced by the justice they know they deserve, they feel constant bitterness and incompleteness.

When you add a poisonous dose of narcissism on top of that, and their usual rejection of all things religiously spiritual, you have one miserable human being - both physically and mentally. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:42:10 PM »
Damn, you're good, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »
Isn't this that nasty, hateful woman who has a loving Christian mother that nevertheless loves and accepts her daughter regardless of how much vitriol she hurls? You can blame your problems on anything you want but at some point regardless of WHO has hurt you or how badly you have to be responsible for yourself. I don't understand this...she's giving power to people (who hurt her) that probably don't even remember her. How stupid is that!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline claret1995

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »
Isn't this that nasty, hateful woman who has a loving Christian mother that nevertheless loves and accepts her daughter regardless of how much vitriol she hurls? You can blame your problems on anything you want but at some point regardless of WHO has hurt you or how badly you have to be responsible for yourself. I don't understand this...she's giving power to people (who hurt her) that probably don't even remember her. How stupid is that!

Cindie

Maybe they just want to forget her on purpose