Author Topic: Bouncy Bouncy- uninsured woman hit by car- Didn't bounce too far  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5642819

Mari333  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-12-09 08:57 PM
Original message
As I was sitting in the parking lot at Walgreens, saw a woman hit by a car
 Edited on Tue May-12-09 08:58 PM by Mari333
I was merely there to buy a bone for my dog. As I was exiting my car, here comes this car flying about 45 mph thru the parking lot and it hits this lady , about 45 yrs old, who is walking across the lot. WHAM<
she screams and her arm and side are hit. the car races out of the parking lot.
I am the only witness.

I tell her to call the police, and she does. They arrive. I give them a full description of the guy and car. They take my phone no and name.

Then I tell the lady "Your arm is very swollen, you should go to the ER and take care of that you might have a hairline fracture"

She looks at me, shaking , and says

"But my husband just got laid off from the plant in town which is closing, our house burned down last month, and we havent got the money for the ER".

Well, thats it in a nutshell, America!!! she has chosen to live with a possibly fractured arm after being hit by a car because she has no health insurance and no money..

this happened one hour ago tonight.

We're No 1!

end of rant.

oh, yeah. I hugged her .

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)         Tue May-12-09 09:06 PM
Response to Original message
6. Hit and run, so the car that hit her, is liable 
 also if there is insurance the person that hit her should cover it. Of course this is why we need single payer... and all that, but our critters still think we don't.

Oh and good for you to give the info to the cops, that is rare to see these days.

Mari333  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-12-09 09:08 PM
Response to Reply #6
10. oh hell yeah
 my god the guy was about 28 yrs old , looked high, white pudgy guy in a grey beater, looked like a little fiat, rusty car 2 door. I couldnt get his license he was going too fast. had short light brown hair. driving like a maniac.
small town, I hope they catch him.

liberalmuse  (1000+ posts)         Tue May-12-09 09:15 PM
Response to Original message
17. Oh my god!
 You are such a sweet person for hugging her and being there for her. She needed that and deserved it, and you recognized that. Someone cared. That must have been awful to see. This is so ****ed up. A person will suffer because this country can't stomach the right wing meme (and falsehood) of 'socilizm'. How sad. Healthcare is a right, not an priviledge, as Obama used to say in his campaign days. I hope he remembers this.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bouncy Bouncy- uninsured woman hit by car- Didn't bounce too far
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
REPEAT

REPEAT

REPEAT

This has been posted before on Skins's island; in fact, somewhere here there's a thread about it, when it previously showed up, oh, maybe six or eight months ago.

OLD MATERIAL

RECYCLED MATERIAL
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »
They all follow an outline. It's like reading a Nick Carter novel.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:06:17 PM »
Must be a book or PDF, Bouncies for DUmmies with form letter bouncies that the DUmmie just has to fill in the blanks for.  Maybe it is from Rules for Radicals?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »
They all follow an outline. It's like reading a Nick Carter novel.

Yeah, sir, but you'd think the primitives would put some variation into it.

It looks as if the primitives just copy-and-paste old posts.

Maybe changing some of the words takes too much cerebral effort.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:13:27 PM »
Yeah, sir, but you'd think the primitives would put some variation into it.

It looks as if the primitives just copy-and-paste old posts.

Maybe changing some of the words takes too much cerebral effort.

The Op is irrelevant. I get a kick out of the enraged responses. It's all a put on. They don't care one way or another about the so called victim. They get to put on their "I care so much for man kind" faces.

Offline Flame

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 06:49:03 AM »
Car going 45 mph hits a lady and she MIGHT have a hairline fracture?  When they called the cops (911, I'm presuming), an ambulance would have shown up and triaged her.

And she witnesses this, then suggests to the lady, who was just hit, to call the cops?  She didn't think to just hit 911 herself?   

This story is total rot.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 03:53:39 PM »
Car going 45 mph hits a lady and she MIGHT have a hairline fracture?  When they called the cops (911, I'm presuming), an ambulance would have shown up and triaged her.

And she witnesses this, then suggests to the lady, who was just hit, to call the cops?  She didn't think to just hit 911 herself?   

This story is total rot.

The bolded would dictate that said lady would be dead.  D-E-A-D.  No question.

DUmb****s, come up with better bouncies . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »
What a pant load.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »
The lying Little Goon must have had a bone emergency in the middle of the night.  That's about the only time I can see a car successfully making it up to 45MPH in a Walmart parking lot. 

"Murder, She Wrote" had more viable storylines than these stupid agenda-driven bouncies.

Offline djones520

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 04:26:54 PM »
So she administers medical advice to the victim, and the police don't?  Yeah...  you tell me a 911 dispatcher who won't answer a call about a woman being hit by a car going that fast, and not sending an Ambulance.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »
The bolded would dictate that said lady would be dead.  D-E-A-D.  No question.

DUmb****s, come up with better bouncies . . .

Amen--my cousin was hit by a car going no more than 20 mph when she was a teen.  Broke both her legs in multiple places.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »
What a pant load.

Mr Benchley, Is that you? :uhsure:

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
I just read the dummie post to my husband and he laughed.  And then he said, "Is that what the conservative cave calls a boner?"  No dear, it's called a bouncy.  The dummie was at Walgreen's buying a boner, er, I mean bone. 

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 09:06:41 PM »

This story is total rot.

She witnessed a hit-and-run and DIDN'T call the police? 

Bullshit.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
She witnessed a hit-and-run and DIDN'T call the police? 

Bullshit.

She said the police did come and took her statement.  I would think, however, that if they get a call that someone has been hit by a car, an ambulance would be automatically sent to the scene. 

Total BS.

:bs:

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 09:10:41 AM »
Yeah, you guys picked up all the holes, but let me just add: 

oh, yeah. I hugged her .

Are you supposed to man-handle a hit-and-run victim?  If you're bloodied and bruised, would you want some smelly moonbat stranger wrapping its hairy arms around you? 

Response #17 made me very queasy.  All the cheerleading that follows a bouncy always nauseates me.  It makes them appear even more stupid than they already are.   

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »
Yeah, you guys picked up all the holes, but let me just add: 

Are you supposed to man-handle a hit-and-run victim?  If you're bloodied and bruised, would you want some smelly moonbat stranger wrapping its hairy arms around you? 

Response #17 made me very queasy.  All the cheerleading that follows a bouncy always nauseates me.  It makes them appear even more stupid than they already are. 

Which is very difficult to do.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
She was so desperately hurt that she held her hand, yet she also told the injured woman to call the police rather then doing it herself when she saw the accident happen. Nice combo of woes there: laid off and burned down house. I smell bullshit times 7.

As an add, for every story of woe, I'll find you a fraud. I just found a whole website of mothers who pride themselves on gaming the system--one even 'TTC #5' child(trying to conceive) all while getting Pell Grant and no doubt a whole host of other goodies while she calls herself 'wifey' to her 'husband'(wifey is usually code word for living like we are married, but not making it legal so we can game the system by keeping out the 'hubbies' income). I have low tolerance for bullshit charity stories anymore and the above, given the messed up details, sounds like another hoax to hose the middle class even further. **** you DU! I'm tired of your bullshit good deeds that you always look for praise on with your board buddies. I'm tired of your false charity which involves raping your neighbor in order to make you look like such a good and noble person for supporting the rape err charity. And I'm tired of your false indignation at the Carrie Prejean's for standing by their beliefs while you support Moekle ie Pamela Anderson of the new decade for doing the same God damned thing. The least you could do if you were honorable is admit you bias over these things, that you don't have a clue, that your a sucker for any sob story, or that you really are only liberal because it gets you 'do-good' attention. All those would be far more noble positions to take then pretending to be something you are not ie enlightened, charitable, civil, and a fighter for freedom.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »
That woman must the luckiest woman in the world, hit by a car going 45 mph, and just a broken arm!  :whatever:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »
That woman must the luckiest woman in the world, hit by a car going 45 mph, and just a broken arm!  :whatever:

Remember, her luck stops with the minimal injury.  The poor thing lives in the USA, so she's gonna have to set it herself and use old underwear, water, and flour to make a cast.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »
So let me see if I understand...Ms. Compassion here, whose kind to animals, sees a woman get hit by a car in a parking lot. Now, miraculously, even though the car was going 45mph only this woman's arm was hurt. The momentum of the car didn't didn't knock her down. She wasn't thrust across the parking lot...just her arm was hurt. Even though BOTH her side and arm were hit by a car going 45mph the only injury sustained was a (possible) hairline fracture. Her injuries were no more serious than if she'd tripped and fallen on the sidewalk. Well, okay that wasn't the important part...maybe she was wearing cement block and chicken wire armor...it's fireproof, why not accident proof. Besides, we're not really supposed think about how completely unrealistic, perhaps even miraculous, such a situation would be.

Now Ms. Compassion being the concerned, caring democrat she is, runs over to this woman just hit by a car going 45mph. Does she call 911? No. Ms. Compassion tells this poor woman who's probably in shock, SHE should call 911! As a side note, I'd like to know what community this is so I can avoid it at all costs because I would expect, were I to call 911 to report someone was hit by a car they would dispatch A FREAKING AMBULANCE along with the police. But okay, the police take statements all around. Then the police who see countless injuries from accidents, fights, assaults, etc., evidently aren't as trained to spot a swollen arm as said DUmmie because they neither call for an ambulance nor tell her to go to the emergency room nor offer her a ride. But even that's not important right now! This all establishes street cred but it isn't the whole dang point.

Ms. Compassion is the only person in this whole situation who notices the woman's arm is swollen (how could it not be...she was hit by a car going 45mph). Being the icon of goodness she is, she suggests ever so gently that this poor woman go to the emergency room. Wow! Give her a citizenship award, keys to the city, something to celebrate her concern for her fellow man! And the poor woman, her husband must have worked for a real dud of a company because first of all it's a nonunion plant (they'd still have medical coverage) and secondly, they don't extend medical benefits for a brief time after layoffs. I'm guessing they didn't have homeowners insurance either since their house burned down and that seems to be hampering her ability to get her arm looked at. She also lives in a town where the emergency room won't send a bill for fixing her arm.

Only Ms. Compassion cares! To prove she's the most benevolent person in this small town, she gives the woman a hug! I certainly hope she hugged the side that didn't get bumped by a car going 45mph. Just in case anyone hasn't yet grasped our little DU'er should increase her "ain't I sweet" rating sevenfold...she does the only proper thing a person with compassion can do...runs breathlessly to DU and dutifully reports the WHOLE DAMN SORDID TALE in which she was the only caring one there. Oh, and she further proves her generous and loving spirit with the obligatory "the only reason this person is suffering is because America sucks" rant. Golly, next thing we know she'll be casting demons out of Republicans.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 03:13:33 PM »
Oh, Cindie!   :-)

Offline Tucker

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 03:33:07 PM »
Great post Cindie. H5 :bow:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »
Cindie, what state do you live in?  I'm thinking I want to move to that state.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.