Author Topic: Final EC Predictions. Who will 'SERIOUSLY' win?  (Read 8302 times)

Offline Kyle Ricky

Final EC Predictions. Who will 'SERIOUSLY' win?
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
O.k.. I am going to get serious here. Thinking logical and level headed, I am wondering what your prediction for the final EC will be on Tuesday?

Looking at it in a civil and serious light, I am going to say that Romney will win with 272 (Obama will end up with 266) ...

Offline BigTex

Re: Final EC Predictions. Who will 'SERIOUSLY' win?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »
I think Romney gets 275 wins NC, FL, CO, VA and OH. Obama gets 263 wins NV, PA, MI, WI, IA, NH
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 04:09:42 PM »
Here is my guess...

I don't know but I have hope.

I had that last time but was crushed, it took 4 years to recover but here we are.

I know Indiana won't go for Obama this time and that is what counts for me.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »
Romney wins PA and all of the battleground states. It will be a blowout of over 325

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »
Romney wins PA and all of the battleground states. It will be a blowout of over 325

My gut is telling me that is what it will be. But my head and logic are telling me something different. I still think it will be in the window of error.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
In the battleground states it really depends on how many of the dead get to the polls.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
In the battleground states it really depends on how many of the dead get to the polls.

So far in just two states they have thousands of people voting who are over 110 years young.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »
My gut is telling me that is what it will be. But my head and logic are telling me something different. I still think it will be in the window of error.

Well, that analysis by those 2 professors that have been right on since 1980 said Romney should get over 300 EC votes.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »
Well, that analysis by those 2 professors that have been right on since 1980 said Romney should get over 300 EC votes.

Cindie

Yeah, the University of Colorado has been right in every election for the past 30 years. But there is always that one time that they could be wrong. And looking at the mentality of some the voters, my head is telling me that is it and Romney won't get over 300. Would I love to see it? You are damn right. Do I think he will? No..

I am praying and hoping that Romney does win outside the margin of error, because then obama wouldn't be able to contest it.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »
Rove called it for Romney today, so it's Romney all the way.   

The master has spoken.   

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »

I am praying and hoping that Romney does win outside the margin of error, because then obama wouldn't be able to contest it.

In what universe wouldn't he contest it?  Moose would have his ass if he doesn't.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
In what universe wouldn't he contest it?  Moose would have his ass if he doesn't.

It reminds me of the primitive who once alleged Walter Mundane in 1984 "almost" won Georgia.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
Rove called it for Romney today, so it's Romney all the way.   

The master has spoken.   

Rove has been calling it for Romney since the primaries.

My understanding is that if he loses by a number outside the margin of error, he can't contest it?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »

My understanding is that if he loses by a number outside the margin of error, he can't contest it?

Normal rules and laws do not apply to The Won.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »

What margin of error are you referring to? In many states, there is a threshhold of one half percentage point difference. If the difference in the vote is under that threshhold, an automatic recount is started. Otherwise, O could always file suit saying there are uncounted votes and/or disqualifying specific votes. My bet is he'd start attacking the military absentee ballots first. Dems always go to that well when they need to make up votes...

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »
It reminds me of the primitive who once alleged Walter Mundane in 1984 "almost" won Georgia.

Didn't TruthinAll once try to prove that the 1984 election wasn't a landslide for President Reagan?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »
What margin of error are you referring to? In many states, there is a threshhold of one half percentage point difference. If the difference in the vote is under that threshhold, an automatic recount is started. Otherwise, O could always file suit saying there are uncounted votes and/or disqualifying specific votes. My bet is he'd start attacking the military absentee ballots first. Dems always go to that well when they need to make up votes...

Yeah, I am talking about the point outside the automatic vote count. I could be wrong. But I thought if they are outside that point, he can't contest it?

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »
Didn't TruthinAll once try to prove that the 1984 election wasn't a landslide for President Reagan?

Mondale won one state and the District of Columbia. That was a landslide. I was watching Charlie Rose last night and he had a dude from the New York Times on trying to say that Reagan only won the 1984 election by 18 points. Mondale only got 13 points. The last I checked 538 - 13 doesn't equal 18?

Offline BigTex

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:51 PM »
Mondale won one state and the District of Columbia. That was a landslide. I was watching Charlie Rose last night and he had a dude from the New York Times on trying to say that Reagan only won the 1984 election by 18 points. Mondale only got 13 points. The last I checked 538 - 13 doesn't equal 18?

Reagan won the popular vote by 18 points (58.8-40.6) maybe he was talking about that
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »
My gut says it will be around 290 for Romney.

My wish says 320+.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
Reagan won the popular vote by 18 points (58.8-40.6) maybe he was talking about that

He didn't say about the popular vote before stating. But, yeah, he could have been...

My gut says it will be around 290 for Romney.

My wish says 320+.

Yeah, I just can't see Romney getting 300+. Not with there being so may retards out there still in love with Barry.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »

Waaaaay off, won't be over 320.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 10:38:22 PM »
I'm gonna let out a HUGE breath of air the moment Tuesday night that Romney hits 271, and I just ain't gonna give a shit how much gravy is on top of that.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »
I'm gonna let out a HUGE breath of air the moment Tuesday night that Romney hits 271, and I just ain't gonna give a shit how much gravy is on top of that.

He only needs 269 (a tie) to win.  I think he wins OH, WI, IA, CO, NH.  He may win PA, but that means he'd have to perform well in suburban Philly.  He might be just the Republican to do it.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Cruise

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »
I wish I had your optimism.  I have never seen so many polls so inherently self-contradictory, I don't know what to think.   :panic: