Author Topic: Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour  (Read 11008 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Looks as if someone wasn't ready for all of those horses.

Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it

Jerry Bonkowski      Dec 21, 2014,     2:54 PM EST

You knew it was bound to happen, sooner or later.

We just didn’t think it would be THAT soon.

When Dodge announced the $60,000 Challenger SRT Hellcat and Charger SRT Hellcat earlier this year – with 707 horsepower motors that make them the most powerful stock muscle cars on the streets of America today – it was almost inevitable what might happen when someone would push one to … and past … its limits.

Unfortunately, a motorist in Colorado found that lesson out the hard way, according to a great story on MotorAuthority.com.

The Challenger has only been in dealer showrooms for about a month.

If I had one of these, the chance that I would be the unlucky pilot of this car would be damn near 100%.  The rest of this sad tale is here:  http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/21/highway-to-hellcat-owner-wrecks-707-hp-dodge-challenger-one-hour-after-buying-it/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
That sucks. 

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Glad to read he and the rest of those around him weren't hurt, but hey, he reaps what he sows. If he was doing dumbass shit in a car that he barely knew, this is the kind of thing that happens. Guy's got more dollars than sense.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Guy's got more dollars than sense.

Things like this have a way of balancing that equation out again.  He just moved $60K from the former to the latter.  :-)