Author Topic: Allen West Concedes  (Read 6622 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Allen West Concedes
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »
Florida Rep. Allen West — the tea party pugilist and face of the class of House Republicans that stormed to power two years ago — conceded Tuesday to 29-year-old construction executive Patrick Murphy in one of the nation’s highest-profile congressional races.

After two weeks of battle with St. Lucie County elections officials — and a recount of early votes that wound up extending Murphy’s lead — West acknowledged that he couldn’t surmount his 1,904-vote, or 0.58 percent, deficit. That difference was just outside the 0.5 percent threshold to automatically trigger a recount of all votes.

So the brash conservative opted to bow out rather than wage a long and costly court battle he was unlikely to win.

“For two weeks since Election Day, we have been working to ensure every vote is counted accurately and fairly. We have made progress towards that goal, thanks to the dedication of our supporters and their unrelenting efforts to protect the integrity of the democratic process,” West said in a statement to POLITICO. “While many questions remain unanswered, today I am announcing that I will take no further action to contest the outcome of this election.”

West congratulated Murphy, saying, “I pray he will serve his constituents with honor and integrity, and put the interests of our nation before his own.”

Appearing on Fox News Tuesday morning, West did not rule out a future run for office.

“Right now God knows the plans for my life. The most important thing is to enjoy Thanksgiving, my youngest daughter has her 16th birthday on Saturday. That’s where my concern is now, to be with the family,” he said. “We’ll make that decision as a family as far as where we’re going to move ahead.”

The rest at the link.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Allen West Concedes
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »
A great man.

I have no doubt we'll be hearing from him again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline CG6468

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »
I wish he hadn't conceded.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
We sent him money this year from TX & are sick about his loss.  Hope to see him a lot on FOX & back in the fray in 2014.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:22:04 PM »
Why concede against a super-funded and crooked election process?

Why?

Drag it out like Gore did. Demand recounts of all Floriduh voting precincts..............

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »
He would've had to fund such a recount himself through litigation, as the difference in vote count of 0.58% was outside the 0.5% that would've prompted an automatic recount. No matter how he looked at it, he was losing and didn't want the expense of dragging it out.

It's the thing to do.

As some around here have put in their sig line:

Dhimmirats?

OWN IT.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
I am actually more pissed off that Allen West lost, and that sleazy scumbag Grayson is going back to congress than I am about Romney losing, and I'm pretty pissed about that still.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »
Patrick Murphy is white. Allen West is black. Based on what I've been told by the libs, doesn't this mean that everyone who voted for Patrick Murphy is racist?

edit to correctly spell 'white'. I guess the libs have made 'white' such an evil thing that my computer is scared to spell it correctly.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:35:30 PM by ChuckJ »
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline CG6468

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Patrick Murphy is what. Allen West is black. Based on what I've been told by the libs, doesn't this mean that everyone who voted for Patrick Murphy is racist?

By jove, I believe you are correct!  :cheersmate:

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »
Patrick Murphy is what. Allen West is black. Based on what I've been told by the libs, doesn't this mean that everyone who voted for Patrick Murphy is racist?

No, because West is a house you know what, Uncle Tom, and a race traitor.

I wish I was joking but that is how the left sees him, Herman Cain, Condi Rice, and any black person who does not worship at the alter of the democrat party.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »
I wish he'd move to Augusta and run against John Barrow. He'd have the military support channels here, being retired, and the only reason a conservative didn't win this last election is because he sounded like he fell off the turnip truck. Not that there's anything wrong with that or that Lee wasn't intelligent, but it's the same reason you'll never see Haley Barbour winning the presidential election. I've known Lee for years. He's sharp as a tack and has a business acumen that you wouldn't believe. While I like Lee, I had to cringe a little fearing the fact that he may win.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:07 AM »
I am actually more pissed off that Allen West lost, and that sleazy scumbag Grayson is going back to congress than I am about Romney losing, and I'm pretty pissed about that still.

I feel exactly the same, Freeper.  I can't even bear to type out your second phrase.  And how the hell did Mia Love lose?  She was up by 10 in the polls running up! 

I donated a little to West's campaign, he was one of my favorite congressmen. 

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:22 AM »
I feel exactly the same, Freeper.  I can't even bear to type out your second phrase.  And how the hell did Mia Love lose?  She was up by 10 in the polls running up! 

I donated a little to West's campaign, he was one of my favorite congressmen. 

When a man that believes in American exceptionalism, free market Capitalism, limited government/more individual liberty, a strong defense, and preserving our moral values is viewed as "radical", you know the country is ****ed up as Hogan's goat.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dixierose

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
I wish he'd move to Augusta and run against John Barrow. He'd have the military support channels here, being retired, and the only reason a conservative didn't win this last election is because he sounded like he fell off the turnip truck. Not that there's anything wrong with that or that Lee wasn't intelligent, but it's the same reason you'll never see Haley Barbour winning the presidential election. I've known Lee for years. He's sharp as a tack and has a business acumen that you wouldn't believe. While I like Lee, I had to cringe a little fearing the fact that he may win.

I live in Jack Kingston's district...and I really like him. I did see all of the ads for Lee and Barrow, and I believe Barrow's ads killed Lee's chances. The fact that Lee refused to debate Barrow (no matter what his reasons) did not look good at all; and I think that did a lot of damage. Barrow's 2nd amendment ad was pretty good, too.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline CG6468

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »
...you know the country is ****ed up as Hogan's goat.

Rebel, where did that phrase come from? I've been using it for years, and most people never heard it.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 12:14:57 PM »
Rebel, where did that phrase come from? I've been using it for years, and most people never heard it.

I honestly have no idea. I always thought it was just a southern colloquialism like "I'll be there if the creek don't rise", which many people mistakenly think has something to do with an actual body of water.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
I honestly have no idea. I always thought it was just a southern colloquialism like "I'll be there if the creek don't rise", which many people mistakenly think has something to do with an actual body of water.

I remember it from my high school days back in the late 1950s.