Author Topic: Starting to feel better about the election results- might be a good thing  (Read 11247 times)

Offline CG6468

Re: Starting to feel better about the election results- might be a good thing
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:54 PM »
I believe the home-schooling movement of the last 20 years is part of that, along with Fundamentalist Christians starting their own schools.

Most  but not all - Catholic schools can still be seen as against the kulcher of today: some have fallen prey to political correctness (filling kids with Angst about global warming, etc).  Others (like mine here in Columbus, Ohio) support Conservatism.

Yes, 40 years of wandering in the wilderness may await America right now: will it emerge purged and better than ever, or will it contain only a few pockets of sanity in a vast kulcheral and politicuckoo desert?

Only a few pockets of sanity, which will be eliminated because they'll be "offensive" to someone - anyone - somewhere.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline thundley4

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 09:29:05 PM »
Only a few pockets of sanity, which will be eliminated because they'll be "offensive" to someone - anyone - somewhere.

But madrassas will be allowed to flourish and multiply.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 09:32:26 PM »
I was disgusted and remain so.  :rant:   :badmood:   :shrug:   :puke:
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 04:54:06 AM »
This goes against what many on this site believe, but maybe we DO need conservative arts and science majors. Maybe a traditional conservative history teacher or two might not be such a bad idea.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 05:14:01 AM »
This goes against what many on this site believe, but maybe we DO need conservative arts and science majors. Maybe a traditional conservative history teacher or two might not be such a bad idea.

I agree. 

Need more places like Hillsdale College.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Karin

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 12:21:49 PM »
I don't think anyone would disagree with you, Splashdown. 

I get a little nervous when I hear people say, "let them do whatever they want from here on out.  Then they have to own it."  They can do a great deal of harm with simply no check.  Look at what BantheGOP wants to do in CA.  And, attaching blame is very, very tricky and may not work.  Let's not get too simplistic.

Now, Bill Kristol said something that someone on radio mentioned.  That upper tax rate...all the Republicans seem to be doing is defending democrats.  The uber-wealthy are all democrats, after all.  Set the number at say, $500K, and let them have it. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 05:33:00 AM »
Now, Bill Kristol said something that someone on radio mentioned.  That upper tax rate...all the Republicans seem to be doing is defending democrats.  The uber-wealthy are all democrats, after all.  Set the number at say, $500K, and let them have it. 

The Hollywood DUchebags would find a way (or ways) around that.  Bet on it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 09:47:19 AM »

The ONE problem I have with this is gutting the military. What would prevent someone from coming over and taking us completely over, thus not giving us any chance of getting the Republic back?

Think Afghanistan for the Russians or Vietnam for the Americans was costly? Multiply that exponentially.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site