Author Topic: Santorum is in  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Santorum is in
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
Former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania officially began his 2012 presidential race Monday, carrying with him a strong record as a social conservative and a message of fiscal restraint that he hopes to ride into the White House.

Mr. Santorum, in announcing his bid, criticized President Obama as having put the country on a path to moral and fiscal ruin and for passing a health care overhaul that the Pennsylvanian said runs contrary to the founding American principles that encouraged his grandfather to emigrate here from Italy.

“I’m ready to lead,” Mr. Santorum told the hundreds gathered for the announcement. “I’m ready to do what has to be done for the next generation, with the courage to fight for freedom, with the courage to fight for America.”

“That’s why I’m announcing today that I’m running for president of the United States of America.”

Link

It was a sad day when Santorum lost his senate seat in PA. In a way, he deserved that loss for backing RINO Arlen Specter.

I'm still a fan.

I'm hoping he learned his lesson. I'd be happy to vote for Him or Herman Cain.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Santorum is in
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »
"If" he makes it past the primary, I'll vote for him. No way in hell will I vote for him in the primary.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline formerlurker

Re: Santorum is in
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:31:24 AM »
He gave a great speech -- very presidential.   We'll see.