Author Topic: Senators up for Election in 2012  (Read 21274 times)

Offline bugplant

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Senators up for Election in 2012
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 07:38:10 AM »
I praying and working to help get rid of the Obama lapdog Casey.  He has been useless and doesn't even answer any communitcations.

Offline a777pilot

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
The Republicans need to gain 4 seats in the Senate to take nominal control of the Senate.  They need to gain 8 seats to take effective control of the Senate they need a minimum of 17 seat gain to have control to actually pass meaningful legislation. 

The first two are doable but 17 seat gain, sadly, is not going to happen.

Offline msbobbie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »
Twice as man Dems. That's cool.

There are so many Dems up for re election because it was 6 years ago that the Dems swept Capitol Hill.  At least 10 of them are facing their first re election.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »
Claire also has that little tax problem involving her and her husbands private plane.
Hadn't heard about that, what do you know ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 01:26:09 AM »
Lt. Governor David Dewhurst is running for US Senate from Texas.
Ted Cruz (R) is also running & the Tea Party, Mark Levin & I love his ass.l

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »
Hadn't heard about that, what do you know ?

The left has made a thousand excuses and justification for her thievery, but here ya go:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51675.html
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »
Hmmm, a Pilatus PC-12. Sounds similar to the problems John "effin" Kerry is having with his sailboat yacht.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
On the republican side the Texas  US Senate Race will come down to  Leppert or Cruz  V.  Dewhurst. I think Dewhurst will edge either out. Cruz could run for Governor then.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:28:56 AM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
On the republican side the Texas  US Senate Race will come down to  Leppert or Cruz  V.  Dewhurst. I think Dewhurst will edge either out. Cruz could run for Governor then.

I am hoping for Leppert for Senator.  Cruz would be a great gubernatorial candidate.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Zeus

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
I am hoping for Leppert for Senator.  Cruz would be a great gubernatorial candidate.

I think so too.

I don't understand the hate towards Perry. Sure he has made some mistakes but overall has done good for the state. He is also the only Governor of Texas elected to 3 consecutive terms ,Perry is the longest continuously serving current U.S. governor, and the second longest serving current U.S. governor. Somebody must like him.

To put things in context Texas went 150+/- yrs with 1 term governors until Bush was re-elected to a 2nd consecutive term.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:27:15 AM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
I think so too.

I don't understand the hate towards Perry. Sure he has made some mistakes but overall has done good for the state. He is also the only Governor of Texas elected to 3 consecutive terms ,Perry is the longest continuously serving current U.S. governor, and the second longest serving current U.S. governor. Somebody must like him.

To put things in context Texas went 150+/- yrs with 1 term governors until Bush was re-elected to a 2nd consecutive term.

Well, the quality of his opponents might shed some light on that.  :whatever:  He hasn't been that bad, all things considered. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
The Republicans need to gain 4 seats in the Senate to take nominal control of the Senate.  They need to gain 8 seats to take effective control of the Senate they need a minimum of 17 seat gain to have control to actually pass meaningful legislation.  

The first two are doable but 17 seat gain, sadly, is not going to happen.

Actually, they need 61 seats to pass things that won't be fillibustered, so they'd need a gain of 14 seats . . . but remember that Dingy Harry Reid pretty much destroyed the fillibuster early this session, when he cut off debate on something that the Republicans had the votes to sustain a fillibuster on.  That action pretty much guaranteed that Obamacare will be repealled if SCOTUS doesn't overturn it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »
Dean Heller locked in the Republican nomination today in Nevada. He rec'd about 20k more votes then the blue canidate.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:36 AM »
Actually, they need 61 seats to pass things that won't be fillibustered, so they'd need a gain of 14 seats . . .

The Senate Repub could use reconciliation like the Democrats did with Obamacare. Consequently, 50 Repubs votes with the VP breaking the tie would do the trick. Democrats are scared shitless that the Repubs will gain a majority.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
I am hoping for Leppert for Senator.  Cruz would be a great gubernatorial candidate.

Jul. 31 runoff, Cruz/Dewhurst.  PLEASE vote Cruz. He aint running for Gov.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »
Jul. 31 runoff, Cruz/Dewhurst.  PLEASE vote Cruz. He aint running for Gov.

Dewhurst is getting nasty, I think he's ready to implode.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »

Dewhurst is getting nasty, I think he's ready to implode.

If he wins the runoff I will happily vote for him. But from this Tea Partier's point of view, Dewherst has way too much "old boy" baggage. A few folks that have endorsed Cruz: Mark Levin, Demint, Palin, Rush & most importantly, me.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
If he wins the runoff I will happily vote for him. But from this Tea Partier's point of view, Dewherst has way too much "old boy" baggage. A few folks that have endorsed Cruz: Mark Levin, Demint, Palin, Rush & most importantly, me.

Dewhurst is trying his damndest to make it a establishment Republicans v. Tea party Republicans. I think if he keeps slinging the BS he is going to loose. If he looses he still has a chance at Governor. That is if he doesn't piss a majority of the people off in this senate run off.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
Dewhurst is trying his damndest to make it a establishment Republicans v. Tea party Republicans. I think if he keeps slinging the BS he is going to loose. If he looses he still has a chance at Governor. That is if he doesn't piss a majority of the people off in this senate run off.

I was talking to our local reps to the TX Repub. convention. The house was rockin for Cruz when he spoke.  When Dewhurst spoke folks were respectful (except Paulites) but many Cruz placards were waving while he talked.  They (the reps) think the folks who will vote in the runoff  (10-15% of registered voters) will go strong for Cruz. 

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »

Yeah, I am going Cruz.  Dewhurst is a pud.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »
Yeah, I am going Cruz.  Dewhurst is a pud.

Agreed. The main reason I will not vote for Dewhurst is because he could have turned the tide on the concealed carry on campus debate in the TX Senate. He decided not to in the special session.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »
Anybody else see the Cruz-Dewhurst debate last night?  AKA "The Cruz Smackdown."  Holy Schnikeys!!!!!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Dewhurst-Cruz-debate-keeps-up-personal-attacks-3729213.php

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »
This is Dick Morris's prediction a few months ago about Republican pickups:

Florida

Congressman Connie Mack, the likely challenger to Democratic Senator Bill Nelson currently leads by 43-36 according to Rasmussen’s poll of March 13, 2012. With Nelson so far under 50%, he is meat.

Nebraska

With Ben Nelson out of the way, this seat is a foregone conclusion for the Republicans. Jon Bruning, the front-runner among Republican candidates, leads former Senator Bob Kerry by 55-33 in Rasmussen’s March 15, 2012 survey.

Missouri

Sarah Steelman – my personal favorite among Republican contenders – is ahead of Claire McKaskill by an unbelievable 51-41 according to Rasmussen’s March 15th poll.

Montana

A tough race because both incumbent Democratic Senator Jon Tester and his challenger, Republican Congressman Denny Rehberg represent the entire state, the Republican has moved out to a 47-44 lead in Rasmussen’s February 22, 2012 poll.

North Dakota

An obvious Republican pickup now that Democratic Senator Kent Conrad has retired. I hope that Republican Duane Sand, a genuine conservative, wins his primary against Republican Congressman Rick Berg.

Wisconsin

While former Republican Governor Tommy Thompson faces a tough primary challenge from Mark Neumann, he still sports a 50-36 lead over Democratic Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin in Rasmussen’s Feb 27, 2012 poll.

Ohio

Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown, the most liberal member of that body, is trailing conservative Republican Josh Mandel by 44-40 in Rasmussen’s February 8, 2012 poll. Any incumbent Senator who can only amass 40% of the vote needs to look for a new job.

Beyond these seven seats, Rasmussen also puts three more takeaways within Republican grasp:

Virginia

Former Governors George Allen and Tim Kaine were tied at 46-46 in Rasmussen’s February 21 poll. The open seat – now held by the Democrats — is a very possible GOP takeaway.

New Mexico

After Democrat Jeff Bingaman’s retirement, the race between Republican Lt Governor Heather Wilson and Democratic Congressman Mark Heinrich is very tight. Heinrich nursed a 45-43 lead in Rasmussen’s February 14th survey.

Michigan

In my own poll of February 15, 2012, Democratic Senator Debbie Stabenow was clinging to a narrow 46-43 lead over former Republican Congressman Pete Hoekstra.

If the Republicans win these all – as I think they well might – they would end up with control of the Senate by 57-43, assuming they hold onto seats in Nevada, Massachusetts, and Maine.

A landslide!

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
This is Dick Morris's prediction a few months ago about Republican pickups:

Ours isn't gonna be a pickup, it will be another R to replace Kay Bailey Hutchinson.  I sure hope it's Cruz. 

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »
The race I'm curious about it Kalifornia.

Would love to see Di FiStei ousted by Elizabeth Emken.

Last I heard, the evil one was only up by 7 pts. or so.

Cruz is my choice here in TX.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver