Author Topic: Mexico 'mass grave' in abandoned mine has 55 bodies  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Mexico 'mass grave' in abandoned mine has 55 bodies
« on: June 07, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »

Mexican police say 55 bodies have been recovered from an abandoned mine that appears to have been used as a mass grave by drugs gangs.

Human remains were first discovered in the silver mine near Taxco in Guerrero state at the end of May.

The bodies appeared to have been thrown down a 200m (650ft) ventilation shaft over a period of time, police said.

Earlier reports that 77 bodies had been recovered were mistaken, officials said.

Only six have so far been identified - one was the director of a local prison.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/latin_america/10260789.stm
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Mexico 'mass grave' in abandoned mine has 55 bodies
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »
Good thing we have a border..... oh wait

Offline JustMe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »
Good thing we have a border..... oh wait

Borders are never going to keep the "bad guys" out. There are so many miles of borders for the US. We need to focus on stronger penalties for those who cross illegally.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »
Borders are never going to keep the "bad guys" out. There are so many miles of borders for the US. We need to focus on stronger penalties for those who cross illegally.

Penalties? How about we stop giving them benefits, then we can talk about penalties.

Offline JustMe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
Penalties? How about we stop giving them benefits, then we can talk about penalties.

Got me there. And I'm in agreement, living in Florida....

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »

Oh BS! We have the most technological advanced civilization the planet has ever seen! Send the US military to the border! Oh, and shoot trespassers first and ask questions later!

I think they have found 2 more murdered US citizens along the border just in the last few days. It's time we started getting serious!

Stop giving illegals more rights than our own citizens! Treat 'em like what they are, criminals!!!

ETA:

I've got an idea, turn it over to bounty hunters and put a price on the heads of those entering illegally! You'd be amazed how fast it could be stopped! I know at least a dozen guys who would jump at the chance! Me included!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:30:09 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:29:17 AM »
Treat 'em like what they are, criminals!!!

Treat them like Mexico treats illegals.

Offline JustMe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
Oh BS! We have the most technological advanced civilization the planet has ever seen! Send the US military to the border! Oh, and shoot trespassers first and ask questions later!

I think they have found 2 more murdered US citizens along the border just in the last few days. It's time we started getting serious!

Stop giving illegals more rights than our own citizens! Treat 'em like what they are, criminals!!!

I stand by what I said. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I don't see any way to guard the border from illegals slipping in, when the sheer size of it makes that impossible.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »
I stand by what I said. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I don't see any way to guard the border from illegals slipping in, when the sheer size of it makes that impossible.

You ought to run for office! John McCain, is that you?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37:40 AM »
You ought to run for office! John McCain, is that you?

100 percent is impossible, yes--but we can (legally) make it as miserable as possible for those few who do get across.  No benefits.  No jobs.  Instant deportation, not sitting around for years waiting for the system to catch up.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline JustMe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »
100 percent is impossible, yes--but we can (legally) make it as miserable as possible for those few who do get across.  No benefits.  No jobs.  Instant deportation, not sitting around for years waiting for the system to catch up.

Agreed. Unfortunately, illegals work for less $ than Americans, so there are people who are going to hire them.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Agreed. Unfortunately, illegals work for less $ than Americans, so there are people who are going to hire them.

Not if the hiring of illegals resulted in a couple of years in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison, as the law was originally intended.  And if it were enforced...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline JustMe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
Not if the hiring of illegals resulted in a couple of years in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison, as the law was originally intended.  And if it were enforced...

Agreed again. Which goes back to what I said about enforcing laws already in effect. They were made for a reason.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »

What's impossible? A physical wall with a 4-lane, military/border guard-patrolled highway between two sets of double fences? Totally doable.

Deporting those illegals already here? Also completely doable over time. Millions didn't get here in a year and I wouldn't expect internal enforcement (which only needs to be expanded, you know, the way the IRS just got 17,000 new agents for Obamacare) to have them all out in a year, either; if it took 5-10 years to reduce the number of illegals here by 90% that'd be fine. I'd expect voluntary outflow of illegals to increase dramatically once internal enforcement got serious, too.

They have no right to be here. They have their own countries where they are citizens.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:35:50 AM by Godot showed up »

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »

You do realize that building a long highway is not even remotely a big deal, some great achievement of mankind, and that building electric fences and high walls on both sides of such a highway is also not particle physics, a NASA mission to Titan, or Desert Storm?

Oh, and talk about your shovel-ready jobs. Imagine the union featherbedding. I get allergies just from my imagination on this one.  It'd be an AFL-CIO wet dream if they weren't more hard-left ideologues than the expected selfish union pricks whom at least you can deal with.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 01:27:50 PM »

That is total BS! I hire kids all the time to clean up around here and I sure as hell don't pay them $10 an hour!

That's the difference, before all the illegals, highschool kids were takin' up the slack. Hell, when I was that age I worked for a dollar an hour just so I could afford an order of taquitos from the local Dairy Queen once in a while and make payments on my Schwinn StingRay!

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hire cheap Mexican labor to build the wall, it's not like there's a shortage of it in the area....