Author Topic: Judge to Hear Criminal Charges against Planned Parenthood  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Judge to Hear Criminal Charges against Planned Parenthood
« on: March 20, 2008, 07:44:50 AM »
Judge to Hear Criminal Charges against Planned Parenthood

By Penny Starr
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
March 20, 2008

(CNSNews.com) - Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri is facing 107 criminal charges, including 23 felony counts of falsifying medical documents related to late-term abortions. The felony charges will be examined at preliminary hearings set for April 7 and 8 in Johnson County District Court in Olathe, Kan.

The current case stems from 2003, when then-Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline requested a subpoena, which was eventually issued by a judge, for Planned Parenthood Federation of America's Midwestern affiliate to hand over its medical records.

Kline, who is now the district attorney in Johnson County, obtained the records in October 2006 and subsequently filed 107 criminal charges against Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri in October 2007.

In addition to the felony counts of falsifying documents, there are 26 misdemeanor counts of unlawful failure to maintain records, 29 counts of unlawful failure to determine viability for a late-term abortion and 29 counts of unlawful late-term abortion.

In Kansas, "making a false information" - the legal phrase for falsifying documents - is a felony, while a criminal late-term abortion is a misdemeanor.

*snip*

Jenn Giroux, executive director of Women Influencing the Nation, a pro-life group in Ohio that has been following the case, told Cybercast News Service that the hearing will also reveal if the rule of law applies in Kansas.

"We're looking for judicial fairness instead of the judicial advocacy we've see on the part of the abortion industry," Giroux said. "We want a fair review of the evidence."

Planned Parenthood Federation of America is the largest provider of abortions in the United States and receives about one-third of its $1 billioin annual budget from federal grants and contracts.

Yep.  That's your tax dollars.   :censored: baby killers.

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: Judge to Hear Criminal Charges against Planned Parenthood
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 12:14:27 PM »
Not only do they get our tax dollars, but they are ALSO making a profit!  :bird:

I posted a story earlier in this forum about PP throwing away human embryos and medical records.  They aren't doing too well these days, are they?  They are under investigation for that too.

I look forward to PP coming back to my campus.  If I get arrested for "harassing them" (liberals are so sensitive, any counter-argument, even with legitimate sources, should be silenced), y'all might hear about it.  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:28:27 PM »
^we'll just post your bail. :-)

I too, am disgusted by PP. I find it ironic that so many liberals readily support them when in Margaret Sanger's day, they would have been marked for destruction. They truly do not understand.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 12:32:17 PM »
^we'll just post your bail. :-)

I too, am disgusted by PP. I find it ironic that so many liberals readily support them when in Margaret Sanger's day, they would have been marked for destruction. They truly do not understand.

I hope y'all do.   :innocent:

I haven't done anything truly crazy since the days of that Kanye West t-shirt I told y'all about.   :lmao:   That was hilarious how people would react to the shirt.  When I and a guy friend walked around together, both of us wearing the shirt, the comments we got were quite "amusing."  :evillaugh: