Author Topic: N.Y. Republicans may seek to impeach Gov. Spitzer  (Read 2533 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
N.Y. Republicans may seek to impeach Gov. Spitzer
« on: March 11, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »

ALBANY, New York (Reuters) - New York Republicans will seek to impeach Gov. Eliot Spitzer if he does not resign within 48 hours after a report linking him to a prostitution ring, a spokesman for a leading assemblyman in the minority said on Tuesday.

"The governor has 48 hours to resign or articles of impeachment would be introduced," Josh Fitzpatrick, spokesman for Assembly Republican Minority Leader James Tedisco, told Reuters.

link

I imagine the hearings won't be held in a broom closet.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: N.Y. Republicans may seek to impeach Gov. Spitzer
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

ALBANY, New York (Reuters) - New York Republicans will seek to impeach Gov. Eliot Spitzer if he does not resign within 48 hours after a report linking him to a prostitution ring, a spokesman for a leading assemblyman in the minority said on Tuesday.

"The governor has 48 hours to resign or articles of impeachment would be introduced," Josh Fitzpatrick, spokesman for Assembly Republican Minority Leader James Tedisco, told Reuters.

link

Bijou, both my wife and my mother-in-law work for the Assembly Republicans.  Trust me, the Speaker of the Assembly isn't . . . say, "conducive" to this sort of stuff.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »

link

Bijou, both my wife and my mother-in-law work for the Assembly Republicans.  Trust me, the Speaker of the Assembly isn't . . . say, "conducive" to this sort of stuff.
Interesting, thanks for that Muddyemms.  Perhaps that will be this year's "October surprise"?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »

link

Interesting, thanks for that Muddyemms.  Perhaps that will be this year's "October surprise"?

You never know . . . But, for the time being, I think I'll do this . . .

:popcorn:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »

Can a Fitzpatrick also bring about Fitzmas ? Maybe Spitzpeachment ?  -- this notion amuses me :D 

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »

Can a Fitzpatrick also bring about Fitzmas ? Maybe Spitzpeachment ?  -- this notion amuses me :D 

Fitzmas or Spitzmas, either way it will be massively entertaining.  :-) :popcorn:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 12:17:10 PM »
First, Hillary Clinton will probably try to sue her way into the democrat nomination (selected, not elected), and now the democrat governor of the nation's third most populated state must resign or face sure impeachment.  This is too priceless. 

What next?  Nancy Pelosi comes out and endorses John McCain? 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »
First, Hillary Clinton will probably try to sue her way into the democrat nomination (selected, not elected), and now the democrat governor of the nation's third most populated state must resign or face sure impeachment.  This is too priceless. 

What next?  Nancy Pelosi comes out and endorses John McCain? 
How 'bout Howie for the keynote speaker for the convention?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggg!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »
Spitzmas!! Perfect!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »