Author Topic: Leaked climate change emails scientist 'hid' data flaws  (Read 2407 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Leaked climate change emails scientist 'hid' data flaws
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »
Phil Jones, the beleaguered British climate scientist at the centre of the leaked emails controversy, is facing fresh claims that he sought to hide problems in key temperature data on which some of his work was based.

A Guardian investigation of thousands of emails and documents apparently hacked from the University of East Anglia's climatic research unit has found evidence that a series of measurements from Chinese weather stations were seriously flawed and that documents relating to them could not be produced.
Link to this audio

Jones and a collaborator have been accused by a climate change sceptic and researcher of scientific fraud for attempting to suppress data that could cast doubt on a key 1990 study on the effect of cities on warming – a hotly contested issue.

Today the Guardian reveals how Jones withheld the information requested under freedom of information laws. Subsequently a senior colleague told him he feared that Jones's collaborator, Wei-­Chyung Wang of the University at Albany, had "screwed up". ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/feb/01/leaked-emails-climate-jones-chinese

The Guardian being a lefty paper is still a backer of AGW, but at least they have done a good journalistic job on the emails.

Offline thundley4

Re: Leaked climate change emails scientist 'hid' data flaws
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/feb/01/leaked-emails-climate-jones-chinese

The Guardian being a lefty paper is still a backer of AGW, but at least they have done a good journalistic job on the emails.

If it weren't for the newspapers in the UK, there would be little coverage of any of this.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 12:23:05 PM »
If I had evidence of something that proved my point the last thing I would want to do is hide it. In fact I would want to make sure it is as noticable as possible.

(That's why I requested this forum for this specific topic.  :-))
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »
I don't know which is worse...that this hoax was ever foisted upon the world to begin with...or that there are still useful idiots out there saying it's real despite the fact that the people pushing this fairy tale had to lie to make it all come out like they wanted to.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »
I don't know which is worse...that this hoax was ever foisted upon the world to begin with...or that there are still useful idiots out there saying it's real despite the fact that the people pushing this fairy tale had to lie to make it all come out like they wanted to.

To be fair a lot of the people buying this hoax were fed this crap all through their education. It's hard to get people who were taught by so many people that global warming is true to see the light.

The left accuses the right of scaring people when we talk about terrorists who want us all dead. Meanwhile they go around saying everyone will die if we don't tax the hell out of energy right away.

No one on the left or right wants us to pollute the hell out of the planet and we have done a whole lot to cut emissions and keep the environment cleaner than it was in the past. Despite all the measures taken, the climate changers still aren't happy. If they were serious they would actually do something to cut their carbon footprint instead of consuming energy and telling the rest of us that we should quit destroying the planet.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.