Author Topic: Climategate: time for the tumbrils  (Read 2039 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Climategate: time for the tumbrils
« on: January 30, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »
A mighty outpouring of rage today from Philip Stott, foaming with righteous indignation, on the life and imminent death of the AGW scam.

Part of him is naturally enthralled:

“….as an independent academic, it has been fascinating to witness the classical collapse of a Grand Narrative, in which social and philosophical theories are being played out before our gaze. It is like watching the Berlin Wall being torn down, concrete slab by concrete slab, brick by brick, with cracks appearing and widening daily on every face – political, economic, and scientific.”

He recognises that this an era of massive geopolitical power shifts:

The humiliating exclusion of Britain and the EU at the end of the Copenhagen débâcle was partially to be expected, but it was brutal in its final execution. The swing of power to the BASIC group of countries (Brazil, South Africa, India, China) had likewise been signified for some time, but, again, it came with precipitate ease, leaving even the American President, Barack Obama, with no doubts as to where the political agenda on climate change was now heading, namely to the developing world, but especially to the East, and to the Pacific Rim. The dirigiste tropes of  ‘Old Europe’, with its love of meaningless targets and carbon capping, will no longer carry weight, while Obama himself has been straitjacketed  by the voters of Massachusetts, by the rust-belt Democrats, by a truculent Congress, by an increasingly-sceptical and disillusioned American public, but, above all, by the financial crisis. Nothing will now be effected that for a single moment curbs economic development, from China to Connecticut, from Africa to Alaska.

But his overwhelming mood is one of white-hot fury at the way so many of his fellow scientists have colluded in this nauseating conspiracy: ...
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100024416/climategate-time-for-the-tumbrils/

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Climategate: time for the tumbrils
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 02:19:16 PM »
Reflecting the position of many in the science community, I'll add..........

Now suddenly it has all changed utterly. And you know what? I’m in no mood for being magnanimous in victory. I want the lying, cheating, fraudulent scientists prosecuted and fined or imprisoned. I want warmist politicians like Brown and disgusting Milibands booted out and I want Conservative fellow-travellers who are still pushing this green con trick – that’ll be you, David Cameron, you Greg Clark, you Tim Yeo, you John Gummer, to name but four – to be punished at the polls for their culpable idiocy.

For years I’ve been made to feel a pariah for my views on AGW. Chris Booker has had the same experience, as has Richard North, Benny Peiser, Lord Lawson, Philip Stott and those few others of us who recognised early on that the AGW thing stank. Now it’s payback time and I take small satisfaction from seeing so many rats deserting their sinking ship. I don’t want them on my side. I want to see them in hell, reliving scenes from Hieronymus Bosch.
Yeah, maybe it isn’t the Christian way. But screw ‘em. It’s not as though they haven’t all been screwing us for long enough.

BWaaaa......... :rotf:

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
Oh, but they won't go to jail.

They will be allowed to fade into the distance by the very politicians they used and who tried to use them for their mutual power and wealth.

They will do everything in their power to "settled science" into an ambiguous theory that must nonetheless be obeyed lest the hypothesized blade descend upon our necks.

A liar this deep into his lies cannot afford even a glimmer of truth.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:41:46 PM »
Oh, but they won't go to jail.

They will be allowed to fade into the distance by the very politicians they used and who tried to use them for their mutual power and wealth.

They will do everything in their power to "settled science" into an ambiguous theory that must nonetheless be obeyed lest the hypothesized blade descend upon our necks.

A liar this deep into his lies cannot afford even a glimmer of truth.

I agree that they will likely escape serious consequences, however, the "cat is out of the bag" so to speak on the bolded part........I therefore doubt that the "theory" will persist in any meaningful form.

They will slink back into their holes, and wait for generation of the next faux crisis......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.