Author Topic: Czech President Klaus: Global Warming Not Science, but a 'New Religion'  (Read 1871 times)

Offline bkg

Truer words never said.

As the Copenhagen climate conference drew to a close Friday, Czech President Vaclav Klaus, long a global warming skeptic, had a message for the world: do not dictate to humanity how to live based on an "irrational ideology," which he sees as the product of political correctness.

Global warming is a "new religion," not a science, he said in an interview with FoxNews.com.

"I'm convinced that after years of studying the phenomenon, global warming is not the real issue of temperature," said Klaus, an economist by training. "That is the issue of a new ideology or a new religion. A religion of climate change or a religion of global warming. This is a religion which tells us that the people are responsible for the current, very small increase in temperatures. And they should be punished."

Klaus, the second president of the Czech Republic since the fall of communism, is often called

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2009/12/18/czech-president-klaus-global-warming-science-new-religion/
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:51:46 AM by bkg »

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Re: Czech President Klaus: Global Warming Not Science, but a 'New Religion'
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »
Klaus says that many interested parties get "a lot of money and influence" by backing the idea of global warming and organizing the Copenhagen conference, as well as its predecessor the Kyoto conference. "Some of them are really just rent seekers who hope to get some money either for their businesses or for their countries," says Klaus. "Some of them are really true believers."

:-)
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:05:28 AM »
We'll always have the Czech Republic.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:07:18 AM »
We'll always have the Czech Republic.

If I recall correctly, Poland's president is of the same opinion, and an article I read yesterday implies that Russia is leaning the same way.