Author Topic: Explosion Hits Military Recruiting Station at New York's Times Square  (Read 3094 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator

DEVELOPING STORY —  An explosive device damaged a military recruiting station at approximately 3:45 a.m. in Times Square early Thursday, and police blocked off the area to investigate.

The explosive device caused minor damage, and no one was injured, police said. The explosion shattered a glass entryway.

A witness decribed the explosion as, "loud enough that people at the Marriott Marquis Hotel heard it and saw a puff of smoke."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335435,00.html

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Explosion Hits Military Recruiting Station at New York's Times Square
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:36:50 AM »
Breaking on Fox & Friends now. 

DEVELOPING STORY —  An explosive device damaged a military recruiting station at approximately 3:45 a.m. in Times Square early Thursday, and police blocked off the area to investigate.

The explosive device caused minor damage, and no one was injured, police said. The explosion shattered a glass entryway.

A witness decribed the explosion as, "loud enough that people at the Marriott Marquis Hotel heard it and saw a puff of smoke."

The rest is at:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335435,00.html

F & F is saying that a guy rode up on a bicycle and tossed the bomb.  It shattered glass, it appears.

On edit, it appears that bijou beat me to it.  Mods, delete, please . . .

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Explosion Hits Military Recruiting Station at New York's Times Square
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 06:44:04 AM »
WTF is up with this?

Thanks Code Pink...IVAW...DU and Kos...you've bombarded certain weak minded individuals with your anti-War...soldiers are evil bullsh*t that someone decided it was open season on a recruiting station.

:bird:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 06:52:27 AM »
WTF is up with this?

Thanks Code Pink...IVAW...DU and Kos...you've bombarded certain weak minded individuals with your anti-War...soldiers are evil bullsh*t that someone decided it was open season on a recruiting station.

That was my thought, it comes close on the heels of the Code Pink protest at Berkeley.  Hope this doesn't spread.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 06:57:16 AM »
That was my thought, it comes close on the heels of the Code Pink protest at Berkeley.  Hope this doesn't spread.

I hope it doesn't either...but it certainly put the idea in people's heads.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 07:14:13 AM »
Lock and load and fix bayonets.  :censored:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 08:24:39 AM »
But don't you DARE question their patriotism or support "for the troops".
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 09:07:37 AM »
a guy rode up on a bicycle and tossed the bomb

Sounds mighty liberal, green = liberal = anti-war = troops are evil.

Sounds like we need to arm our recruiters.  All it would take is one dead piece of shit liberal terrorist, and the rest would think twice.  Difference between Islamic terrorists and liberal terrorists = Islamic terrorists love their cause more than themselves, liberals love nothing more than themselves.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »
Difference between Islamic terrorists and liberal terrorists = Islamic terrorists love their cause more than themselves, liberals love nothing more than themselves.

Well said.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »
I just can't imagine sitting in a recruiting station and being attacked.  Then again, when I served, the moonbats weren't a problem (except that lord moonbat Clinton had us so underfunded that we couldn't gat parts).  But when the Cole was attacked, it really hit home for me.  I can remember all of us joking and hollering, "Here come the terrorists!!!!!!" when the small boats came out to collect the mooring lines.  Then, less than a year after I got out.  It was true.  It just hits harder when you've been there.  And all servicemen have been in the recruiting station. 
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »
I've been listening to the news on and off today and haven't heard anyone mention any of the other explosions in NYC at the British and Mexican Consulates.  It's been a couple of years, but it was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the news.

British Consulate Explosion in NYC  (May 05, 2005)

Mexican Consulate Explosion in NYC  (Oct 27, 2007 )

:tinfoil2:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »
WTF is up with this?

What a bunch of scumbags to target a recruiting office.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
I've been listening to the news on and off today and haven't heard anyone mention any of the other explosions in NYC at the British and Mexican Consulates.  It's been a couple of years, but it was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the news.

Considering how similar the methods are and timing, which happens in the middle of the night, I think thye could be connected.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 08:42:57 PM »

I spent the morning cleaning my garage.. listening to the news out there someone on FOX said that the explosives may have been foreign and that the bomb tosser was not American. interesting how McCain called it a terroristic act right away, but Hilary and the other people's offices who were targeted with letters, has been silent.

Is this her 'experience' with a crisis that we are seeing? She says nothing?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 11:58:50 PM »
I wonder if the Berkeley Marine Recruiting Office has stepped up security because of this?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du