Author Topic: Japan Drops Charges Against U.S. Marine Accused of Raping Teen  (Read 1668 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Japan Drops Charges Against U.S. Marine Accused of Raping Teen
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
TOKYO —  A U.S. Marine who was accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in southern Japan has been released after prosecutors dropped the charges at the teenager's request, the Foreign Ministry said Friday.

Staff Sgt. Tyrone Luther Hadnott, 38, was arrested on Feb. 10 on suspicion of raping the girl on the southern island of Okinawa, fueling nationwide furor over crimes involving American troops in Japan.

Hadnott was released Friday night after the girl withdrew her criminal complaint against him, said Ryo Fukahori, a Foreign Ministry official in charge of Japan-U.S. security. Rape charges in Japan can be filed only with a victim's complaint.

Fukahori said the rape charges could be separately pursued by the U.S. military. Phone calls to the Marine Corps on Okinawa went unanswered, and the U.S. consulate said it had no immediate comment.

State Department spokesman Tom Casey told reporters Friday that the United States remains "very concerned about this incident" and has "great sympathies" for the girl and her family. He had no details about the legal process.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333813,00.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Japan Drops Charges Against U.S. Marine Accused of Raping Teen
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:58:54 PM »
I remember what a ruckus this was. Since the Marine admitted to some stupid behavior, he certainly doesn't come off clean.

But it is a long way from stupid roughness to outright rape.

I imagine at the DUmp they will be claiming a payoff.  And they will, again, be wrong.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »
This is gonna be a bit more than just an Article 15, IMHO.  First it was the three Marines who raped a girl back there in the mid-90's now this?  WTF are these clowns thinking?  It's not as if the Japanese have a great deal of love for some of the folks there (sadly, rightly so).

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
"Ryo Fukahori, a Foreign Ministry official in charge of Japan-U.S. security"

i'm impressed none of you guys caught that ...  :tongue: :-)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
"Ryo Fukahori, a Foreign Ministry official in charge of Japan-U.S. security"

i'm impressed none of you guys caught that ...  :tongue: :-)

Degrading a person's name is not in most peoples nature...how many posts do you have?

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".