Author Topic: Britain: Prince Harry to Be Withdrawn From Afghanistan  (Read 2423 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Britain: Prince Harry to Be Withdrawn From Afghanistan
« on: February 29, 2008, 06:16:19 AM »
LONDON —  Britain's defense chief decided Friday to pull Prince Harry out of Afghanistan after news of his deployment was leaked in the media.

Air Chief Marshal Jock Stirrup, the chief of the Defense Staff, made the decision to immediately withdraw the prince after senior commanders assessed the risks, the Defense Ministry said in a statement.

Harry, third in line to the British throne, has been serving on the front line with an army unit in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province since mid-December.

He was originally due to return to Britain within weeks, but "the situation has now clearly changed," the statement said.

The decision was based on concerns that worldwide media coverage of Harry in Afghanistan could put him and his comrades at increased risk.

The ministry asked the media not to speculate on Harry's location -- or how and when he would return -- until he was back in Britain.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333789,00.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Britain: Prince Harry to Be Withdrawn From Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 06:19:05 AM »
I think that was a wise thing to do. What can one say about the utter lack of decency in the media?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 06:20:45 AM »
I think that was a wise thing to do. What can one say about the utter lack of decency in the media?

It's unforgiveable.  Especially when it's Drudge that is part of the problem in this story.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:03:01 AM »
The decision was based on concerns that worldwide media coverage of Harry in Afghanistan could put him and his comrades at increased risk.

I can't blame them. The paparazzi would do some damage there while Harry is on the battlefield just to get a few snapshots.

I do salute the Prince for his courage and service in his part of the GWOT. Kudos to him.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
Since the media will *never* discuss their own role in most news stories, I assume this problem will continue.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 10:06:00 AM »
Someone would have leaked it. That's the sucky part.

Kudos to Harry. He truly wanted to serve and be with his troops.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »
I'm disappointed in Drudge for breaking this. I'm also disappointed that CNN, ABC, NBC, BBC, and all of the other f'ers agreed to keep this silent, but when it comes to stories that put American GIs at risk, they run with it. Screw those bastards.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »

It's all they COULD do, Shade. . .I really am pissed off at Drudge's actions. I think the rest of the media put the story on blackout due to the fact that if one Harry Wales got hurt. . .the UK would have no choice but to  go whole hog on the GWOT- - and (perceptively) no one wants to give Bush THAT kind of credence.

*TKay*

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
I heard a news break earlier that said Prince Harry had talked with reporters from the frontline, actually telling them himself what a blast he was having.

Drudge is really less of a 'reporter' than a headline dumping site... I dont think Drudge broke this story at all. He just gets the most attention for putting up newsworthy info.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »
I heard a news break earlier that said Prince Harry had talked with reporters from the frontline, actually telling them himself what a blast he was having.

Drudge is really less of a 'reporter' than a headline dumping site... I dont think Drudge broke this story at all. He just gets the most attention for putting up newsworthy info.

If I remember the comment last night from Harry to a reporter...he said "I was just one of the guys out here till you showed up"

I thought that was totally cool

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 09:44:26 PM »
As I just said in the SB, the media will do anything to screw up any aspect of the war effort.   :bird:

Drudge's role in this is very disappointing to me.  He has lowered himself to the level of the mainstream media, which is pathetic.  :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.