Author Topic: And the Republicans are the party of hate?  (Read 1854 times)

Offline djones520

And the Republicans are the party of hate?
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:08:22 PM »
The cut-throat world of presidential politics usually doesn’t go this far to get its point across.

But Jose Ortiz, 28 — a Hillary Clinton supporter — is behind bars after stabbing his Barack Obama-supporting brother-in-law, Sean Shurelds, following a political argument, according to KYW1060.com.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/25/democratic-house-divided-pa-man-stabs-brother-in-law-over-election/

I feel bad for the victim, but damn I couldn't help but laugh when I read this story.  I wonder if there will be a thread about this on DU. :lmao:

edit:  And before you bother pointing it out TNO, yeah the perp is a registered Republican.  As we've seen from some members here though, party registration really doesn't mean squat.  So don't even bother bringing it up.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:16:49 PM by djones520 »
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Re: And the Republicans are the party of hate?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »
So much for the leftists claim of being peaceful.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 04:00:14 PM »
The cut-throat world of presidential politics usually doesn’t go this far to get its point across.

But Jose Ortiz, 28 — a Hillary Clinton supporter — is behind bars after stabbing his Barack Obama-supporting brother-in-law, Sean Shurelds, following a political argument, according to KYW1060.com.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/25/democratic-house-divided-pa-man-stabs-brother-in-law-over-election/

I feel bad for the victim, but damn I couldn't help but laugh when I read this story.  I wonder if there will be a thread about this on DU. :lmao:

edit:  And before you bother pointing it out TNO, yeah the perp is a registered Republican.   As we've seen from some members here though, party registration really doesn't mean squat.  So don't even bother bringing it up.

I thought it funny that they felt the need to point that out. 

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 04:23:09 PM »

edit:  And before you bother pointing it out TNO, yeah the perp is a registered Republican.  As we've seen from some members here though, party registration really doesn't mean squat.  So don't even bother bringing it up.

I try not to take joy in hearing reports of Republicans behaving badly because I know that the next report I hear may be one about a Democrat behaving badly.

:-)
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »

I try not to take joy in hearing reports of Republicans behaving badly because I know that the next report I hear may be one about a Democrat behaving badly.

You as usual missed the point
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:28:53 AM »
You as usual missed the point

I don't think I missed the point, but feel free to illuminate me if you think I have.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »

Just one?  Seriously, you need to clean the shit out of your ears and listen to what's been filling them lo these many years.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 11:55:58 PM »
A lot of infighting in the Dems lately. I saw a poll that McCain could win.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du