Author Topic: 2 F-15's Collide over Gulf of Mexico  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
2 F-15's Collide over Gulf of Mexico
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:43:01 PM »
MIAMI —  Two fighter pilots have been rescued in the Gulf of Mexico after their jets collided in mid-air off the Florida Panhandle Wednesday during a training mission.

Search and rescue teams are en route to the crash while the conditions of the two pilots is unknown.

The Coast Guard sent three helicopters, a plane and two boats to the scene.

"We don't know what led to the disappearance," said Master Sgt. Andrew Leonhard, an Air Force spokesman. "We had no contact from the pilots."

The crash occurred about 50 miles south of Tyndall Air Force Base.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331558,00.html

Hopefully they ejected.

BTW, Tyndall is no where near Miami. 50 miles south of Tyndall would be about where I bottom fish.

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: 2 F-15's Collide over Gulf of Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »
BTW, Tyndall is no where near Miami. 50 miles south of Tyndall would be about where I bottom fish.

I thought Tyndall was at Panama City?

It's a reserve base now.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 06:02:02 PM »

It's a reserve base now.

It's east of PC. When I say between Mexico Beach and PC, you have to realize that Mexico Beach is only about 30 miles from PC.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »
Where did they get "Miami" as 50 miles south of Tyndall?

Yes, there is a CG base in Miami, but... HUH?

*TKay*

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »

It's a reserve base now.

Nope, very very active duty.  It's where F-15 and F-22 pilot training occurs.

Story I read was that one of the pilots didn't survive.  Kinda hits home to me.  My father was stationed with the 60th Fighter Squadron for 3 years back in the mid nineties.  The 58th is their sister squadron.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."