Author Topic: JFK assassination documents revealed  (Read 2591 times)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
JFK assassination documents revealed
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
JFK assassination documents revealed

By ANABELLE GARAY, Associated Press Writer

DALLAS - Long-hidden items and documents related to the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy were revealed for the first time Monday, after spending nearly two decades locked inside a courthouse safe.

Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins presented the articles at a Presidents' Day news conference while standing next to brown and white file boxes stacked in a pyramid.

The items include a purported transcript between Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald and Oswald's killer, nightclub owner Jack Ruby; a leather gun holster that held the weapon Ruby used to shoot Oswald; brass knuckles found on Ruby when he was arrested; and a movie contract signed by then-Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade.

Watkins said investigators told him about the contents of the blue, two-door safe shortly after he took office in 2007.

"And every DA up until the new administration decided that they wanted to keep it secret," he said. But he decided "this information was too important to keep secret."

One of the most intriguing items was the typed transcript of an alleged conversation between Oswald and Ruby. The transcript — which hasn't been examined by experts and has already been called farfetched by some — includes talk of killing the president at the behest of the Mafia.

"Now we don't know if this is an actual conversation or not," Watkins said. "But what we do know is that as a result of this find, it will open up the debate as to whether there was a conspiracy to assassinate the president."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080219/ap_on_re_us/jfk_memorabilia

So, what do ya'll think? Does this prove a conspiracy or was Oswald the lone shooter out to make a name for himself? Discuss.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: JFK assassination documents revealed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:32:29 PM »
It was Col. Bastard in the billiards room with a candlestick.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:44:57 AM »
I kind of think that Oswald was the lone shooter and that the magic bullet theory, or whatever it's called, is probably right.

I guess if these documents are proved legit that could change my mind but the thing for me is Oswald took shots at some other guy a few months before the JFK assassination.   Also, defecting to the the U.S.S.R. and then coming back, the Fair Play for Cuba Committee,  and then shooting officer Tippit...He's either the guy or the unluckiest patsy ever.

He just seems like the kind of self-important little twerp who would try shooting a President.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:59:13 AM »
I wonder what Oswald's DU name would have been.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
I wonder what Oswald's DU name would have been.
SelfImportantLittleTwerp999?  Or maybe if they would have had the Internets back then, it would be Skinner?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »
Nope, do not and never have bought the theory that he was the only one.  The way Kennedy's head snapped back and tissue went out to the rear, plus the magic bullet theory - nope no sale here.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:35:16 PM »
Nope, do not and never have bought the theory that he was the only one.  The way Kennedy's head snapped back and tissue went out to the rear, plus the magic bullet theory - nope no sale here.

Welcome aboard, Rusty! I'm kinda confused by your post, though. You think it's a conspiracy? Or you don't think it's a conspiracy? About JFK, I really could go either way. Seems Oswald's killer and Oswald had spoken before.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:32 PM »
I never have thought it was just Oswald from the rear, in the Texas School Book Depository.  Not sure from all the different ideas that have floated around the past 40+ years, where the other shots came from, grassy knoll? or where, but since I've never seen anything hit by a high powered rifle go "toward" the gun as violently as his head did, nor have I ever seen a projectile go through as many parts of flesh and bone, then fall out on the stretcher almost completely intack and without loosing hardly any weight, (and what happened to the bullet, isn't it strange that it disappeared).  I don't have a clue as to how many shooters there were, but Oswald was not alone.  The other question I have is- with people testifying they saw him when and where they say they did, how did he get down the stairs-out the building and walking down the street close to the house where he was living to kill patrolman Tippit, then to the movie theater where he was caught.  It's also funny how the authorities knew it was him and tracked him down and captured him as fast as they did.  As far as I have studied it, there are way to many holes in the entire Warren Commission Report to believe it happened the way we have been led to believe all these years.  My thoughts only.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 06:13:18 AM »
For God's sake..PLEASE...can we be spared the conspiracy nuts?

Kennedy, 9/11, the ****ing Net is full of these nutters.

CU has Pelican...are we going to follow suit?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

Rusty isn't a conspiracy nut. There are many people that think something wasn't kosher with the assassination of JFK.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »
I concluded years ago that the conspiracy theories concerning the Kennedy murder are themselves conspiracies.  The day I can understand the benefit of the murder, the benefit of a massive MASSIVE 45-year cover-up, which would take more coordination than a moonwalk, and the benefit of a Lyndon Johnson presidency, will be the day I too will embrace unwavering doubt.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »

Rusty is far from being Pelican and he is also one of the founders of the USCG Honor Guard during the Kennedy administration. Yeah I will listen to what he has to say and never call him a CT'er.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.