Author Topic: FYI, There Was No Great Depression At The State Fair Of Texas Today  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Lord Undies

The State Fair of Texas opened today.  I didn't know what to expect.  Sparse attendence between soup line visits?  A few nuns and some "challenged" people?  A canned goods drive?

It turns out the attendence was excellent for opening day and folks were spending money as freely as they did last year.

Surprise!   :o

The State Fair of Texas is not a cheap outting.  Parking is $10.00 - $15.00 and the gate admission is $14.00.  That's just to get in the park.  That's when the $$$ starts. 

I hope it stays this good.

1 day down.  23 days to go.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: FYI, There Was No Great Depression At The State Fair Of Texas Today
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 12:24:53 AM »
I have never been to the Texas State Fair once since I've lived here.  We moved here in March of 1994.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 01:59:14 AM »
I have never been to the Texas State Fair once since I've lived here.  We moved here in March of 1994.

Been in Texas since fall of '88. Haven't been to the state Fair either. Never been to any State fair.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »
Never been to the State Fair of Texas, but heard a lot about it. OU and TX play during the State Fair and they honor the tickets there. A bit off topic. Texas was not really that hard hit during the Great Depression, especially Houston. Houston was actually flourishing comparable to the nation during the Great Depression. It was mostly areas North and the Eastern Seaboard that was hit the most by the Great Depression.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:09:49 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du