Author Topic: Donnerstag (Or a very Tuetonic Thursday)  (Read 8121 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Donnerstag (Or a very Tuetonic Thursday)
« on: September 25, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »
Same-o with the exception today might be a little sunnier and my wife is coming home today from the wilderlands of Executive Business Travel!
Woot!!

I got a grand total of about 2 hours of sleep. :(

No good reason for it other than just being awakyish.  I stumbled on a pretty good variety of old movies on the "Premium" channels last night.
Watched "Switchback" for a while.  As a creepy serial killer I can buy Danny Glover.

I'm going to slow the car down and pitch the mancub on the school curb and then come back and stack some "Z's"  10 Years ago even I was good to go with a couple hours of sleep.  These days I stumble through like a zombie with less than four.

I'm not sure when my lady is returning here today.

Blurg. Braaaaaaiiiiins.

Somebody wake me up when the Revolution starts, eh?

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Flame

Re: Donnerstag (Or a very Tuetonic Thursday)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:18:48 AM »
Cooler weather is blowing through here today, and rain is in the forecast for the next few days ,which means all regualrly scheduled baseball/football games/practices are up in the air.  I hate the "I don't know if we'll have to go somewhere or not" waiting.

Hope my daughter finds out what part(s) she has in Nutcracker today...she's driving me nuts.

I get to finally meet her date for homecoming next week.  It will be on neutral ground (at the school) so cleaning weaponry at the time won't be possible.

Hmmm....what else?  My 13 yr old was messing around on the scooter, doing wheelies, and landed on his tailbone.  He's in some pretty good pain.

I need to go to the grocery store.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »
Not much Donner here, which is fine - clear and warm today in S. Central MO.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:38:45 AM »
No school this morning!  :)

I was so tired last night, but I couldn't fall asleep until almost 1am.  I hate it when that happens.  Thank god for Monster energy drinks.   :-)

I have a few accounts to go through today.  The 401k guy is here as well, and I gotta decide what to do.  I need to move some money around and I was going to up my withholding too.  Ehh, I'll figure it out.

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:48:09 AM »
Got more CR-related business attended to this morning, before class.  I am now officially labeled a CR chairwoman on Storm, a College Republican social network that's invitation-only (keeps the riffraff out.  :p ).

I have to work my first of the final two days of work in my current department for a few hours.   I was hoping my gas tank would last until after work, but it won't, so I have to leave a bit early to get that taken care of.  At least it lasted a month.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
I slept in late this morning after a bad night's sleep....was awakened at 4 by a cat jumping up and landing on my stomach...that kept me awake until almost 7.

I stepped on a bee last night.. :bawl:..I was barefoot and it stung me on the ball of my foot. I was scooping leaves out of the pool while making fun of the other half swimming naked in a cold pool.  When the lovely Jazzy jumped on me...not only did it make me realize that a trip to the potty was in order, but my foot was irritating. :censored:

Have an interior to shoot today if I can get in.

We may get some rain tonight or tomorrow from the storm of the coast of the Carolinas. Hope so....we need it. At least it's cooler....down to the upper 70's.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
I slept in late this morning after a bad night's sleep....was awakened at 4 by a cat jumping up and landing on my stomach...that kept me awake until almost 7.

I stepped on a bee last night.. :bawl:..I was barefoot and it stung me on the ball of my foot. I was scooping leaves out of the pool while making fun of the other half swimming naked in a cold pool.  When the lovely Jazzy jumped on me...not only did it make me realize that a trip to the potty was in order, but my foot was irritating. :censored:

We may get some rain tonight or tomorrow from the storm of the coast of the Carolinas. Hope so....we need it. At least it's cooler....down to the upper 70's.
Any sign of fall foliage out there yet?  We're going to PF/G on 10/4.  Hoping for cool weather and color in the trees.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 01:23:52 PM »
Saying farewell to our supervisor today ... he's moving to another department. :(  (I work for the local power utility).  Now we're having all the speculation of who will take his place.
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
Saying farewell to our supervisor today ... he's moving to another department. :(  (I work for the local power utility).  Now we're having all the speculation of who will take his place.

Is it a good thing or is it a matter of scrambling to find a chair when the music stops?

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »
Just props out to the Honeycrisp :bow:

Other then that, school is back in swing for me and I've been momentarily sidelined with a minor injury from working out. Whelp, off to pick up my oldest one from school. Have fun.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »

Other then that, school is back in swing for me and I've been momentarily sidelined with a minor injury from working out. Whelp, off to pick up my oldest one from school. Have fun.

LOL!

I TOLD ya!!!!

They are like Organic Crack.

Offline debk

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »

Any sign of fall foliage out there yet?  We're going to PF/G on 10/4.  Hoping for cool weather and color in the trees.

Ours are just barely starting to turn.

If we get the rain and cooler weather, they should change quite a bit. We are surrounded by trees, and most of what's falling seems to be the yellow-brown dead stuff.

PF/G has had more rain and cooler temps the last few nights.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline debk

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 02:09:52 PM »

T....bout time you finally signed up overhere!!!

Everybody, TN is a co-mod with me at USMilnet. Extremely nice and very very crafty....does exquisite knitting and jewelry. Even makes her own glass beads for the jewelry.

And she's a Republican, too! :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 02:11:08 PM »
I went and got a haircut today.

It didn't turn out very well.  :(

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
I went and got a haircut today.

It didn't turn out very well.  :(

[youtube=425,350]HbPDKHXWlLQ[/youtube]

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »

Everybody, TN is a co-mod with me at USMilnet. Extremely nice and very very crafty....does exquisite knitting and jewelry. Even makes her own glass beads for the jewelry.

You have to keep an eye on the Crafty Republicans!

Welcome TN!

:cheersmate:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »

:mental:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline debk

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »

You have to keep an eye on the Crafty Republicans!

Welcome TN!

:cheersmate:

She lives over near Chris and has been to visit several times. She's "good people".

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »
It's getting downright homey in here.   :cheersmate:

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »

:mental:

OMG!

Don't be dissing the Llama song!!!

:hammer:

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »
Here you go Chris!

In honor of your favorite eatery!

[youtube=425,350]UtlaTNI1TaU[/youtube]

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 03:06:34 PM »
Aw thanks Deb ... I need to get up there soon!

It's getting downright homey in here.   :cheersmate:

Howdy ? neighbor ?   :-)

I actually signed up a while back but just didn't get around to talking much and lost the link to it.  Nice thing ... apparently our firewall hasn't quite discovered the cave so I can still get here.  I've been having a problem with things getting blocked lately  :banghead:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:08:30 PM by Tnafbrat »
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 06:08:18 AM »

LOL!

I TOLD ya!!!!

They are like Organic Crack.

You weren't lying brother! I keep saying when I walk in Kroger's or wherever that I won't be getting any this time, but I'm compelled to get 2 or 3 and then biting into their delicious, crisy flesh before or after a workout...mmmm...I tried a regular apple in the bag after and it was like applesauce to me by comparison. I am hooked on 2.99 a lb apples :bawl: :-)(I think walmart had them for 2.49 though :evillaugh:) Thanks a lot asdf and mamacags for bragging on the honeycrisp...dangit! :hammer: :-*