Current Events > General Discussion

Migrants abandon NYC for Canada with taxpayer-funded bus tickets

(1/2) > >>

Ptarmigan:
Migrants abandon NYC for Canada with taxpayer-funded bus tickets
https://nypost.com/2023/02/05/migrants-abandon-nyc-for-canada-with-taxpayer-funded-bus-tickets/

--- Quote ---Disgruntled migrants fed up with the Big Apple’s crime and grime are taking off to the Great White North — on bus rides paid for by New York taxpayers, The Post has learned.

National Guard soldiers have been helping distribute tickets at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan to migrants who want to head upstate before crossing into Canada, several migrants said.

Venezuelan native Raymond Peña and his family arrived at a gas station bus stop in Plattsburgh, NY — about 20 miles south of the Canadian border — at 4 a.m. Sunday.

“The military gave me and my family free bus tickets,” Peña said. “I am going to Canada for a better quality of life for my family.”

A National Guard source confirmed that soldiers at the bus terminal were directing migrants to workers who hand out the free tickets.
--- End quote ---

The illegals immigrants are leaving New York City for Canada.

Eupher:
It would appear that Hochul has found a way to get rid of them -- but I'm wondering what the real Canadians think about this, despite Trudeau's virtue-signaling blustering. How long will it be until their taxpayer money goes to these illegals?

Free bus tickets, paid for by NY taxpayers, allegedly handed out by "service workers" but under the tutelage and watchful eyes of the National Guard. Time to resign, boys and girls!

Ptarmigan:
Quebec tells Eric Adams to stop buying NY migrants bus tickets
https://nypost.com/2023/02/13/quebec-tells-eric-adams-to-stop-buying-ny-migrants-bus-tickets/

--- Quote ---The government of Canada’s second-most populated province is demanding that Mayor Eric Adams “immediately” stop helping migrants illegally enter the Great White North, as recently revealed by The Post.

“Any form of assistance to migrants crossing the border where it is strictly forbidden to do so should stop immediately,” a spokesperson for Quebec Premier Francois Legault said.

“We understand that the situation of migrants in New York poses major challenges, but the situation in Quebec and particularly in Montreal is even worse and constitutes an important humanitarian issue.”

Earlier this month, The Post exclusively reported that Adams was using taxpayer funds to get bus tickets for migrants in the Big Apple to travel upstate to Plattsburgh.
--- End quote ---

Quebec is telling New York City to stop sending migrants.

RuralNc:
So im sure that any minute the morons at the DUmp will proclaim that Hochul and Adams are illegally trafficking these wonderful Asylum Seekers... oh. wait..  :whatever:

Old n Grumpy:
I am sure a bus ticket is way cheaper than giving them welfare

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version