Author Topic: 44% of Democrats say it’s acceptable to assassinate a politician  (Read 392 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The attempted assassination of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh should have universally shocked Americans. It seems that, out of basic human decency, people should have a real problem with resorting to violence and killing over differences in opinion on public policy, regardless of what side of the aisle they’re on.

Americans come together in the aftermath of tragedies such as mass shootings, natural disasters, and other highly publicized events that leave families shattered. Yet, people apparently have different attitudes about political assassinations.

According to a recently released poll, nearly half of male Democrats under the age of 50 (44 %) say it’s acceptable to assassinate a politician “who is harming the country or our democracy,” the highest percentage of any age/gender/party demographic.

The poll, which was conducted by Tulchin Research for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), also found that nearly a third of younger Democrat women and younger Republican men agreed with the statement, as did 40% of younger Republican women.

Perhaps the most striking aspect of the poll is the generational difference. Older men and women of either party are significantly less likely to approve of the assassination of political opponents than their younger counterparts.

Party identification aside, it is clear that the younger generations are not being taught to respect the lives of others, particularly of their political opponents. This is a perilous path, especially when you consider the way the Democratic Party frequently accuses Republicans of being threats to democracy — while demonstrating that the violent rhetoric of Chuck Schumer was likely more dangerous than we thought.

PJ Media
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Re: 44% of Democrats say it’s acceptable to assassinate a politician
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 03:35:44 PM »
Nope, not shocking.  Not even the number of younger Republicans who agree.  Between a general lack of respect for life in our culture and the continuing push from ideological debate into physical battle by extremist moonbats creating a "fight fire with fire" mindset on the right as well, there's a giant bag of doo-doo hanging over a industrial size fan that's hanging by thread.   Either that bag gets taken down somehow, or it's getting splattered, and that which hits the fan is never evenly distributed. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 04:42:12 PM »
So long as the operatve word is POLITICIAN, I have no probem with this.

Frankly, I'm so fed up with the useless, elitist scum who think themselves our "leaders", I think anybody answering to the job description of POLITICIAN should be hung from street lamps surrounding their respective seat of power (Congress, State Capitol, County Seat, City Hall, you name it) as a warning to the next generation of frauds and con artists.

Then we get to work on their yes-men in the bureaucrat class.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 05:28:10 PM »
Nope, not shocking.  Not even the number of younger Republicans who agree.  Between a general lack of respect for life in our culture and the continuing push from ideological debate into physical battle by extremist moonbats creating a "fight fire with fire" mindset on the right as well, there's a giant bag of doo-doo hanging over a industrial size fan that's hanging by thread.   Either that bag gets taken down somehow, or it's getting splattered, and that which hits the fan is never evenly distributed.

If this poll is even close to accurate (which I doubt), it sickens me. BTW, a firm commissioned by the very dubious Southern Poverty Law Center sounds fishy to begin with.

Personally don't want to hate/kill my political opposition, prefer to use facts and when they twist them I will mock them relentlessly.  Akin to Rush Limbaugh who said "I hope he fails" regarding President Obama. Attacking and mocking the opposing party's policies is not even close to suggesting murder.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 05:39:29 PM »
I said it in another thread, but when democrats talk of rhetoric leading to violence... well, one sees in others what one sees in oneself.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 08:20:25 PM »
Rather than see politicians murdered, I'd much rather them spend the rest of their earthly life in a Supermax prison.

23 hours per day locked up. No TV, no cell phone, no gizmos at all. They're allowed one sheet of paper per day and a crayon, and a Bible, Torah, or Koran, if desired. Concrete bunk, one blanket. no pillow.

High on my list of those to be incarcerated are Hillary, Slick Willie (separate cells) Barry, SharterJoe, and all of their staff. Soros as well, though his days are numbered anyway.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 12:10:16 PM »
Its a good bet this 44% would also support a Bloody Stalinist Purge against civilians.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2022, 01:21:34 PM »

High on my list of those to be incarcerated are Hillary, Slick Willie (separate cells)

Quite right.  Putting them together would be an Eighth Amendment violation. For him.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2022, 01:47:25 PM »
I wonder if they would feel the same way if 44% of the Democrat pols were assassinated?

The reason they feel this way is that they instinctively know conservatives aren't predisposed to kill people over political disagreements and liberals see it as the optimum solution.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022, 02:35:21 PM »
According to a recently released poll, nearly half of male Democrats under the age of 50 (44 %) say it’s acceptable to assassinate a politician

If they start with pelousy, schumer and the squad I am down with it. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!