Author Topic: It’s open season on Chicago Police: shootings at cops up fourfold in 2020, 2021  (Read 250 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
It’s open season on Chicago Police: shootings at cops up fourfold in 2020, 2021 – Wirepoints
https://wirepoints.org/its-open-season-on-chicago-police-shootings-at-cops-up-fourfold-in-2020-2021-wirepoints/#respond

By: Matt Rosenberg

The very public servants we pay to protect us and maintain order in Chicago are increasingly under attack themselves. At an order of magnitude dramatically greater than in years past.

The total number of Chicago Police officers shot at in 2020 was 80, versus a yearly average of 20 from 2014 to 2019. In 2021, total shootings at police were almost as high again, at 76. The aggregate number of officers shot at is greater than the number of total number of shooting incidents in which police were targets. Multiple police officers are often shot at in one incident.

In 2015, there were only 12 officers shot at the entire year.

It is dangerous to be a cop in Chicago.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Mr Mannn

It is dangerous to be a cop in Chicago.
especially when the city will not have your back. I really do not see why cops just won't leave en masse and let the Lefty hellholes burn.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
especially when the city will not have your back. I really do not see why cops just won't leave en masse and let the Lefty hellholes burn.

Zackly. It's not like they can't find greener pastures elsewhere. DeSantis basically extended a blanket invitation for LEOs to relocate to FL.

Who needs Chicago's brutal winters, gangland slayings, and cop shooters?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Worked in a building with a Chicago police satellite and administrative office on the same floor, and had occasional conversations with the rank and file during smoke breaks. They truly love the job and truly think they're serving the Joe Friday role of "to protect and serve". Have noticed in that many of the Chicago officers are either retiring and/or heading to the suburban areas to continue their service.

While I loved living in Chicago for the most part, it has now become insufferable. None has to do with the police who are fighting the good fight.  It wouldn't bother me if they did all leave en masse.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender