Author Topic: I want to see more 'public' people speak out against gun violence.  (Read 380 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member milestogo (12,260 posts)

I want to see more 'public' people speak out against gun violence.

I'm so proud of Steve Kerr. He had a microphone in front of him, and pushed aside basketball to address something far more important. He was angry and impassioned.

Lots of people have microphones in front of them if they call for one. I'd like to see all of them step up and follow his lead as soon as possible.

We need to drown out the crazies.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216725948

Kerr is a lefty POS.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: I want to see more 'public' people speak out against gun violence.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 11:24:38 AM »
Kerr is a lefty POS.

Which is odd because his father was killed in a terrorist attack by Islamists decades ago.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 11:29:27 AM »
And what will you say if the 'public' people have different ideas about how to prevent gun violence?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 11:32:55 AM »
Kerr is a lefty POS.

So is Popovich.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »
How about we turn this around and say that
If you don't own a gun, you don’t get to have an opinion on guns……the same way men aren’t allowed to have opinions on abortion. Right DUmmies?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 12:01:49 PM »
I want to see the moonbats let the bodies get cold and get as much information about events before SCREEEEEEING about Abbot and the NRA and Cruz or whoever they choose to target after these tragedies.  I want to see people allowed to process these atrocities before the proggies jump to "we need common sense gun control".  I want them to acknowledge that these are sin issues, not gun issues, to get their heads out of their butts long enough to realize these big tragedies, along with all the little tragedies that the Left ignores, like the 13 year old kid who shot up 3 other young teenagers in a convenience store right here in my Dallas suburb, come from decades of insisting that man is just another animal, the result of random happenstance, that there is no absolute truth, and that there is only pragmatic, whatever feels good and/or gets the job done morality.

Put that in your  :stoner: and smoke it, lurkers, cause I know you don't have a good answer.

:ranton:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 12:32:30 PM »
And what will you say if the 'public' people have different ideas about how to prevent gun violence?

As we discussed here in the past day, when leftists say they want to "talk" means a lecture from them.  Talking doesn't help nor do passing meaningless laws. Do any DUmmies give a flying F about inner city deaths in Chicago/Baltimore/LA/Dallas/etc?

I'm completely against gun violence as I think every rational person is. But you blame the person, and not the gun. We don't blame cars for causing deaths, nor should we. Bad people are bad people.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 12:34:02 PM »
Kerr's been full-"woke" for years. But for the fact I've never been a basketball fan, crap like Kerr's would motivate me to give up basketball ... as I have with football.

Plenty of public people have spoken out about "gun violence", they just focus on the thugs who pulled the trigger. Which is not what Dems/Libs/Progs want. Dem pols are the ones putting thugs back on the street to commit more thuggery.

Speaking of which, I wonder how DU might take Chesa Boudin getting the boot, if that happens June 7th.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 12:37:22 PM »
I want to see the moonbats let the bodies get cold and get as much information about events before SCREEEEEEING about Abbot and the NRA and Cruz or whoever they choose to target after these tragedies.  I want to see people allowed to process these atrocities before the proggies jump to "we need common sense gun control".  I want them to acknowledge that these are sin issues, not gun issues, to get their heads out of their butts long enough to realize these big tragedies, along with all the little tragedies that the Left ignores, like the 13 year old kid who shot up 3 other young teenagers in a convenience store right here in my Dallas suburb, come from decades of insisting that man is just another animal, the result of random happenstance, that there is no absolute truth, and that there is only pragmatic, whatever feels good and/or gets the job done morality.

:hi5: earned and issued! :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 12:41:07 PM »
Kerr's been full-"woke" for years. But for the fact I've never been a basketball fan, crap like Kerr's would motivate me to give up basketball ... as I have with football.

Plenty of public people have spoken out about "gun violence", they just focus on the thugs who pulled the trigger. (1) Which is not what Dems/Libs/Progs want. (2) Dem pols are the ones putting thugs back on the street to commit more thuggery.

Speaking of which, I wonder how DU might take Chesa Boudin getting the boot, if that happens June 7th.

(1) It's exactly what they do when the shooter is white and accused (with no proof) MAGA
(2) If it's a Republican, they throw them in solitary for over a year with no charges.

I say it's what Dems want, depending on the shooter.

Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 12:57:40 PM »
That shooting, is the untimate evolution of the victim mentality.

When hours and hours every day are spent...telling...teaching...indoctrinating...that nothing is ever your fault, and that every problem and burden and hurdle that you face in life is someone elses fault...day in, day out...year in, year out...

Sooner or later someone is going to believe it, and maybe even take it seriously.

The DUmmies used to talk a lot about stochastic terrorism.

Now, they both practice and support it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:20:59 PM by CollectivismMustDie »
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »
Libs don't want people to speak out about gun violence. They want people to agree with them on gun control. They couldn't care less about violence of any type unless they can inflict it themselves up close and personal.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2022, 03:52:11 PM »
Libs don't want people to speak out about gun violence. They want people to agree with them on gun control. They couldn't care less about violence of any type unless they can inflict it themselves up close and personal.

Present day shootings aren't what concerns them, in spite of the image they attempt to portray publicly.

They want the guns.

Guns in the hands of patriots are the ability to say no to them and mean it.

And that vexes them a great deal.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2022, 03:53:24 PM »
Here I thought mental illness was a big deal to DUmmies. Or how about how the system has, yet again, failed but want that same system to rule our lives.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2022, 09:00:58 PM »
Anti-gun noise comes primarily from 2 groups. Politicians and Hollywood elites.  Both proud of their practiced instant-on righteous indignation...
And while they're shaming us about guns, we're not supposed to notice their armed security.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2022, 08:19:58 AM »
Anti-gun noise comes primarily from 2 groups. Politicians and Hollywood elites.  Both proud of their practiced instant-on righteous indignation...
And while they're shaming us about guns, we're not supposed to notice their armed security.

Nor some of their insane antics and acts of stupidity, Hollyweirders especially.