Author Topic: Has anyone been watching GASLIT on Starz?  (Read 251 times)

Offline CC27

Has anyone been watching GASLIT on Starz?
« on: May 18, 2022, 07:48:43 AM »
Star Member kentuck (105,170 posts)

Has anyone been watching GASLIT on Starz?

With Sean Penn in the role of John Mitchell and Julie Roberts as his wife, Martha?

Until Donald Trump, this subservience to Nixon was maybe the closest the Republicans have come to a cult of personality, although they worshiped Ronald Reagan.

G Gordon Liddy was nuts. Totally devoted to Nixon, as was MItchell, his AG, and Patrick Gray, the head of the FBI. Like Trump, Nixon demanded loyalty from all those under him.

In the end, some of them went to jail, including Liddy and including John Mitchell, his Attorney General.

There are some parallels to the present times although Watergate paled in comparison to the daring crimes of today's Republicans.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216703606

OMFG will you stop with Nixon and Watergate. Is that all you have???? LET IT GO...

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: Has anyone been watching GASLIT on Starz?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:58:46 AM »

OMFG will you stop with Nixon and Watergate. Is that all you have???? LET IT GO...

Has anyone been watching DU on the internet?

There is not one post about how well (cough, cough) the dimoocraps are doing. These idiots still have Trump rolling around in their heads, rent free.

They won't ever let that go.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 08:15:31 AM »
Like Trump, Nixon demanded loyalty from all those under him.

Leftists demand loyalty from EVERYONE, right down to who you vote for, and what words you use in normal conversation.

Trump, if anything, didn't focus on loyalty hard enough.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 09:08:14 AM »

Many DU-folk lived through the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and never grew up.

1. IMO, JFK and LBJ were as or more corrupt as Nixon. But JFK was transmogrified into some sort of martyr, and LBJ wasn't exposed contemporaneously, while he was yet alive, and wasn't as notorious as he deserved.

2. IMO, Nixon's four worst actions as POTUS were:

* Postponing the collapse of the USSR by 10-15 years through the sale of American wheat. Farmers, very understandably, appreciated it, but the USSR couldn't feed itself. Unlike farmers, Nixon probably knew enough of Russia's mess to know the sale would prolong the USSR's existence.

* Normalizing Mao, while the bleeping Cultural Revolution was still ongoing.

* Setting up South Vietnam for betrayal by Congressional Dems. I'm no genius, so maybe the Vietnam War, by 1969, was lose-lose-lose-... I simply have worked with immigrants who were boat people or whose father stayed with the men he commanded and wasn't part of his children's lives for many years. I'm not fishing for Cave-Cred, I've just seen a little of the fruit of Nixon's South Vietnam labors.

* Creating the EPA, aka Tyrannocrats with a galaxy-class Messianic Complex.

Have DU onlurkers run screaming out of the Cave yet? :runaway:  :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 11:19:22 AM »
I'd like them to name any President that would not demand loyalty.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.