Author Topic: Consequences of Biden’s plan to cancel student loan debt, according to experts:  (Read 604 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Consequences of Biden’s plan to cancel student loan debt, according to experts: ‘Enormous consequences’
https://www.foxnews.com/media/consequences-biden-plan-cancel-student-loan-debt-according-experts-enormous-consequences

President Joe Biden’s plan to cancel student loan debt could lead to higher inflation and perceived inequality, several experts warned.

Biden said in a press conference late last month he is considering canceling "some" student loan debt.

"I am not considering $50,000 debt reduction, but I am in the process of taking a hard look at whether or not there will be additional debt forgiveness," Biden said.

Former Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Holtz-Eaken said canceling student loan debt would do nothing to slow rising inflation in the United States.

Cancelling student debt will just lead to more inflation on top of the high inflation.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Consequences of Biden’s plan to cancel student loan debt, according to experts: ‘Enormous consequences’
https://www.foxnews.com/media/consequences-biden-plan-cancel-student-loan-debt-according-experts-enormous-consequences

Cancelling student debt will just lead to more inflation on top of the high inflation.

SharterJoe needs to worry more about the frequency and volume in which he overfills his Depends.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Uh huh.  But what about those graduates and their parents, if applicable, who worked and saved for their education and so got out of college reasonably debt-free?

If Pete Buttigieg's "husband" can get his debts forgiven, how about giving rebates to those who didn"t borrow, or borrow as much?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Uh huh.  But what about those graduates and their parents, if applicable, who worked and saved for their education and so got out of college reasonably debt-free?

If Pete Buttigieg's "husband" can get his debts forgiven, how about giving rebates to those who didn"t borrow, or borrow as much?

Brought this subject up about 6 months ago as this student debt "forgiveness" steaming pile of dung was percolating.

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=127443
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

What government subsidizes it gets more of. In this case, it'll be more degrees without a career path.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
What government subsidizes it gets more of. In this case, it'll be more degrees without a career path.

Some bizarre crap like "gender studies" whatever the hell that is.  :mental:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
When is Biden going to cancel my mortgage debt?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
When is Biden going to cancel my mortgage debt?

You aren't holding your breath waiting for that, are you my friend?  :naughty:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
You aren't holding your breath waiting for that, are you my friend?  :naughty:

Not bloody likely  :wink:
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.