Author Topic: Hit and Run Post, but it's funny!  (Read 669 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Hit and Run Post, but it's funny!
« on: May 10, 2022, 02:40:30 PM »
Chalco (1,185 posts)

3. I had an ectopic pregnancy and almost died

I was standing in line at a bank (1979ish) in NYC and all of a sudden I felt this horrible pain and fainted. They called an ambulance and I was taken to the nearest hospital. Since it was just a faint, they put me on a gurney and left me in a hallway. After about 30 minutes of waiting I looked at my stomach and saw that it was ballooning. Gigantic. I screamed and pointed at it. All hell broke loose. They took me to surgery and put me under.

When I woke up I was told I had an ectopic pregnancy. They removed the Eustachian tube it was stuck in and sewed me back up.

I was damn lucky. I did not know I was pregnant.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216679265

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online 67 Rover

Re: Hit and Run Post, but it's funny!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 03:04:45 PM »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 03:12:28 PM »
Unprotected aural sex again?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 03:33:33 PM »
Well, must DU'ers Eustachian tubes are in the same vicinity since their heads are planted so far up their butts, it could have been a legitimate medical mistake. 

There is so much wrong in that short thread.  The original twitter post they are commenting on claims to be some sort of emergency medic, had a case come to their ED (whatever that is) with insane stats, whose life had to be saved by removing an ectopic pregnancy which occurred despite the patient's IUD that had to be removed immediately to save their life.  This conveniently (twitter bouncy? maybe) timed event allows the poster to rant about how this and many other lives would be lost to the laws that supposedly are being pushed on poor innocent women by evil, hypocritical pro-life men in power.  Forgetting that no SCOTUS decision has been handed down yet, I'm not aware of any of the awaiting state laws that would "make what we did last night a crime."  Anyone with information that proves me wrong, feel free to share, I'm very interested in such details.

Back to the DUmp

madaboutharry (37,825 posts)
1. There are morons out there who think an ectopic pregnancy can be relocated to the uterus.

There is no such procedure. If there was, then doctors would do it. It simply doesn't exist. An ectopic pregnancy is NEVER viable.

DDG lists several articles of ectopic pregnancies and the mothers surviving.  Even Wikipedia lists 3 cases with linked sources.  Interestingly, this comment is freakishly similar to parts of a "Ask A Doctor" column that also popped up in the DDG search.  https://www.pressreader.com/usa/sun-sentinel-broward-edition/20220506/281956021367016

AntivaxHunters (261 posts)
8. An ANTIFA street medic no less. Much respect!

Yeah, I want one of those nutters providing emergency medical care. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 03:52:55 PM »
8. An ANTIFA street medic no less. Much respect!
Yeah, I want one of those nutters providing emergency medical care.

One of them tried to kill Kyle Rittenhouse.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 05:18:49 PM »
Chalco (1,185 posts)

I did not know I was pregnant.

Is that stacy abrams DU handle?

:whistling:

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 05:22:21 PM »
Unprotected aural sex again?

:cheersmate:  :hi5:

It gives a whole :o meaning to, "Stick it in your ear!" :rotf:  :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 05:32:18 PM »

Is that stacy abrams DU handle?

:whistling:

nah, another "storyteller":

https://www.pamelameekstoryteller.com/index.html

she could be trying to be funny but then she's a big Liz Warren supporter, they never are.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 09:08:06 PM »
Chalco (1,185 posts)

3. I had an ectopic pregnancy and almost died

I was standing in line at a bank (1979ish) in NYC and all of a sudden I felt this horrible pain and fainted. They called an ambulance and I was taken to the nearest hospital. Since it was just a faint, they put me on a gurney and left me in a hallway. After about 30 minutes of waiting I looked at my stomach and saw that it was ballooning. Gigantic. I screamed and pointed at it. All hell broke loose. They took me to surgery and put me under.

When I woke up I was told I had an ectopic pregnancy. They removed the Eustachian tube it was stuck in and sewed me back up.

I was damn lucky. I did not know I was pregnant.

Are you sure it did not pop out of your chest, don a straw hat and start singing "Hello my baby?"
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 09:23:17 PM »
Are you sure it did not pop out of your chest, don a straw hat and start singing "Hello my baby?"
That was my first thought
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Homecreek

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2022, 06:54:20 AM »
1979ish. So this must be the inspiration for the first Alien movie.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 08:39:23 AM »
Immaculate conception?  :o

A bit of Christian trivia here, the birth of Jesus was not Immaculate Conception. Mary being born without original sin is what the Immaculate Conception was. She had to be born without original sin so she wouldn't pass that on to Christ. The Father, as we know, is without sin.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 07:53:48 AM »
A bit of Christian trivia here, the birth of Jesus was not Immaculate Conception. Mary being born without original sin is what the Immaculate Conception was. She had to be born without original sin so she wouldn't pass that on to Christ. The Father, as we know, is without sin.
I always thought the truly miraculous thing was Joseph hearing "Joseph, you are notthe father" and him sticking around anyway
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 12:41:50 PM »
I always thought the truly miraculous thing was Joseph hearing "Joseph, you are notthe father" and him sticking around anyway

It took an angelic visit to convince him, so, you're not wrong.

Matthew Chap 1.
18This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about d : His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet e did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, f because he will save his people from their sins.”

22All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” g (which means “God with us”).

24When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »
It took an angelic visit to convince him, so, you're not wrong.

Matthew Chap 1.

A little reverse Darth Vader action.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.