Interests > All Things Edible (and how to prepare them)

Getting a smoker.

<< < (2/8) > >>

Dblhaul:
I got an electric last winter. Been doing a lot of chicken with good results, brine it first. Did my first tri tip a month or so ago, my wife insisted I do another the following weekend!
With the chicken , after brining I pat it dry then rub it down with EVOO. Then use a store bought seasoning rub. I also like to stuff the bird with root veggies. I like Apple or Cherry chips for the chicken.
The tri tip I use hickory, smoke for 2 plus hours then wrap in foil with a few pats of butter and brown sugar. Back in the smoker for a few more hours till it hits 195 internal temp.
I just got a portable gas mini smoker to, will use it while camping.

Dblhaul:
The mini smoker did great. Cornish game Hens for 4 hours @ 225. Perfect.

Dblhaul:
Used a gas smoker for a ribeye roast. one hour of wood smoke then wrap. Came out tender as all get out, perfect for pulled beef dip.

Dblhaul:
Just got a Green Mountain table top smoker 4 or 5 weeks ago. Uses pellets. Got it because I was frustrated with my camp site grills running way too hot and no temp control.
It runs off of 110 or 12v so I can use it while rough camping. So far it has cooked everything I have put on it to perfection. 
You set the temp you want and it holds it within 2 degrees up or down.

RuralNc:

--- Quote from: Dblhaul on May 02, 2022, 09:15:53 PM ---Used a gas smoker for a ribeye roast. one hour of wood smoke then wrap. Came out tender as all get out, perfect for pulled beef dip.

--- End quote ---

Ever do Brisket? I know some folks who raise beef. They do it the right way. They are into Regenerative Farming, and all that. The beef is a little more expensive, but absolutely worth every penny.

I just rub the Brisket with Salt and Pepper. Then Texas Post Oak pellets for about 4 hours, at around 230 degrees. Then wrap in foil and put it in the oven to finish. No sense in wasting propane running the smoker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version