Author Topic: Obamaite primitives don't like Tom Daschle either  (Read 1053 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Obamaite primitives don't like Tom Daschle either
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6562735

Damn.

If the former Senate majority/minority leader is ever in this neck of the woods (he not being far from here anyway), despite my loathing of his politics and his character, I'd buy him a beer.

KoKo01  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 08:48 PM
Original message

Poster over at Kos is saying Obama's Veep is Daschle. Fits Bush picking Cheney and that OBAMA is the ONE and doesn't really even need a VP Pick to enhance any of his qualities.

Says Daschle would be the one because he's managed Obama's Campaign from beginning and won't "outshine" or distract from his Candidacy.

What do you think? (no way in hell for me)...because Daschle is like Harry Reid..."a wimp" and his wife and he are now big time lobbyists on the Hill. But, hey...maybe it could work. He sure fits into the "meek and mild mannered" wimp version of some past Veeps...but WHAT IF...he became another CHENEY!

Here's post on Kos Diary about it:

after which the post, which is a really stupid post, not worth copying-and-pasting

Island Blue  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 08:49 PM
Response to Original message

2. I truly hope that is not his choice.

Alexander  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 08:50 PM

3. Ugh, no thanks. Daschle and Biden are both beholden to the credit card industry.

And Obama should keep clear of any lobbyists in the #2 spot.

Of course, it goes without saying that picking a Senate Minority Leader who lost his own race just screams "LOSER" like nothing else.

Alexander  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 09:01 PM
Response to Reply #11

13. To be fair, I'd prefer Biden over Daschle.

Although I'd rather Biden receive a Cabinet post and Daschle...well, he can just be Daschle.

Dinger  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 08:51 PM

4. Oh Jeez

**** that.

DarthDem  Donating Member  (483 posts) Wed Jul-30-08 08:59 PM

12. Just Another Goofy Kos Diary

And this one goofier than most. Yes, let's pick the guy who was Senate Democratic leader when he was ousted by the legendary John Thune - - sure to be remembered, when his storied career is over, as one of history's greats. I'm talking about Thune, and sarcastically. I couldn't pick him out of a police department photo array, which, with a Republican senator, isn't too farfetched a proposition.

Daschle. Sure. All because . . . we want to carry South Dakota's three EVs?

BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 09:09 PM

15. They can be as loco as DUers at times.

BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 09:17 PM
Response to Reply #16

17. Biggest problem that springs to mind immediately is that he was an absolute failure....

2nd biggest problem that springs to mind immediately is that he doesn't bring anything to Obama's table vote-wise.

Alexander  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 09:21 PM
Response to Reply #16

19. Obama choosing a lobbyist as VP would completely destroy his message.

How can he seriously say he's for change and will stand up to lobbyists if he picks one as his VP?

It won't be Daschle. This is either another red herring or someone's wild-ass guess.

bobbiejo  (945 posts) Wed Jul-30-08 09:50 PM

28. No way...Daschle is a loser of the highest order.

Why do I have this feeling my fellow alum Skins is going to have to put Skins's island on DEFCON6 (or whatever it is) the day Barry "Goldwater" Obama announces his choice for a running mate?

Gut instinct, I suppose; the Obamaite primitives Hate everybody.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Obamaite primitives don't like Tom Daschle either
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
They're going to go ape shit when they FINALLY realize that we have those new TSA guys and gals courtesy of Tom and Linda Daschle. Why that shit wasn't investigated is beyond me. Linda was a lobbyist for the Airline industry. ...and it was Tom who was pimping it. What did it do? It relieved the airline industry of a TON of money they had been paying in the past.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

Re: Obamaite primitives don't like Tom Daschle either
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »
They're going to go ape shit when they FINALLY realize that we have those new TSA guys and gals courtesy of Tom and Linda Daschle. Why that shit wasn't investigated is beyond me. Linda was a lobbyist for the Airline industry. ...and it was Tom who was pimping it. What did it do? It relieved the airline industry of a TON of money they had been paying in the past.

I also think the Wonder Twins were responsable for that screwy deal with the Air Force leasing, instead of buying them,  new tankers untill the press got ahold of it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"