Author Topic: Got a new laptop  (Read 10316 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Got a new laptop
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:02:34 AM »
I've been using a Dell Latitude D something for 4 years now and it's beginning to show it's age. Purchased this computer as a refurbish from the Dell Auction 4 years ago. No complaints except that it's become slow and the case is starting to fall apart. I paid $180.00 for it.

So I have been bidding on a "new" laptop for a while and finally won, Latitude E6430 with windows 7 this was $210.00 with shipping. So far so good. I have a license for Microsoft Office 2010 and Norton internet security so I have this laptop running for only the cost of the actual unit. Much faster and more enjoyable to use than the old Dell.

Well, that's my story, have a great day!
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline RobJohnson

Re: Got a new laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »
Sounds like a decent deal.

I'm rough on laptops. I often fall asleep with my computer in my lap and I wake up just as it hits the floor or has a near miss!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Got a new laptop
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:10:32 PM »
We have E7440s at work.  They're garbage.

If your computer doesn't have a solid-state drive, I would seriously consider upgrading to one.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.