Author Topic: skidmarked underwear primitive dances with media  (Read 1613 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
skidmarked underwear primitive dances with media
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:46:39 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6556597

Oh my.

Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 06:53 PM
Original message

Something I've noticed about the media and those who dance with them.

First, the cable teevee hosts only interview pundits or political insiders who have contracts with their individual network. They rarely, if ever, speak to people on the street, either casually or in interviews. They need to be called on this.

Second, they only present those bits and pieces which support their agreed upon narrative (e.g., McCain is a hero, Obama is presumptuous, etc.). They need to be called on this also.

Now this morning, I saw an R operative get all up in Mika's face on Morning Joe about how she was in the Obama camp and this left her sputtering for a time and trying to demonstrate how she is often critical of Obama. Joe did some alpha male chest thumping and stated that he reserved the right to browbeat her cause she is, essentially, his little woman on the team. You see how it works? Our surrogates do not get in their faces and call them on their bullshit.

Eastern Iowa must not be dried out yet.

zeemike  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 06:59 PM
Response to Original message

1. And if our surrogates did they would not be invited back

Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 07:01 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. I don't agree.

I think we could shame in the media into being afraid to be called "right wing."

PghTiny  Donating Member  (203 posts) Tue Jul-29-08 07:02 PM

3. The "Kool Kids" strike again

You'd think you were back in high school with the way these media whores act.

Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 07:06 PM
Response to Reply #3

5. Perhaps, oh wise one, you can school us a bit on human nature. I say the Rs successfully trained these people and we can practice cognitive therapy as well as they can.

tularetom  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 07:05 PM

4. It's a giant echo chamber

And the echoes get louder with every pass through it.

To the point where bullshit becomes conventional wisdom.

At not one of these dildos ever speaks to an actual voter.

Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 07:08 PM
Response to Reply #4

6. What if we demanded to be spoken to?

You know, I've watched the skidmarked underwear primitive for a long time, but started paying more attention after she enthusiastically endorsed violence against political opponents, and wished to see more of it.

The skidmarked underwear primitive is a rural wife in eastern Iowa, older middle-aged.  She had a bout with cancer and chronic underemployment, and one can sympathize with that, excepting that this is the skidmarked underwear primitive we're talking about here; the one who enthusiastically endorsed violence against political opponents, and wished to see more of it.

In all of her 1000+ posts on Skins's island, one gets the impression of a barren desolation inside of her.

It's perhaps true life hasn't been good to the skidmarked underwear primitive (although one suspects there's many, many, more, for whom life has been even worse), but this barren desolation inside of the skidmarked underwear primitive is her own fault.

The skidmarked underwear primitive obviously thinks she's "entitled" to happiness, and feels cheated because she's never gotten it.

Rule Number One In Life: one is entitled to life.

Rule Number Two In Life: and no more than that, just life.

Rule Number Three In Life: life is what one wishes to make of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Vagabond

Re: skidmarked underwear primitive dances with media
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »
I must die. Must I then die lamenting? I must be put in chains. Must I then also lament? I must go into exile. Does any man then hinder me from going with smiles
and cheerfulness and contentment? - Epictetus

Ya know Frank, a lot of DUmmies really should study some of the old Stoic Christian philosophers.  They could learn a lot.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:54:05 PM »
Ya know Frank, a lot of DUmmies really should study some of the old Stoic Christian philosophers.  They could learn a lot.

I don't think stoicism, or fortitude, is anything that would turn the primitives on.

Look at how the "Buddhist" primitives handle it; not well, if at all.

From the very first time I started reading the skidmarked underwear primitive, I was struck by that she seems to think happiness is something that was supposed to be given her, and because she didn't get it, she feels cheated.

I don't suppose it ever occurred to her that happiness is something earned, not a gift from the skies.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
Skidmark is a chick?????

Circa 60 years old, too.

A grandmother.

One hopes she didn't pass on her expectations that happiness falls freely from the skies down to the grandchildren, and that one is cheated in life if it doesn't spontaneously happen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:49:02 PM »

I don't think stoicism, or fortitude, is anything that would turn the primitives on.

Look at how the "Buddhist" primitives handle it; not well, if at all.

From the very first time I started reading the skidmarked underwear primitive, I was struck by that she seems to think happiness is something that was supposed to be given her, and because she didn't get it, she feels cheated.

I don't suppose it ever occurred to her that happiness is something earned, not a gift from the skies.

There is some truth in this, but as an adult I have always found the pursuit of happiness to be the most intiguing of the group life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

A man can forfeit his life or liberty through his actions.  His ability to be happy, however is beyond our power to remove.  A prisoner facing his execution, having lost his freedom and forfeited his life can choose to be happy.  An emperor bestowed with all the wealth and power of an empire may lament.

There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
Rule Number One In Life: one is entitled to life.

Rule Number Two In Life: and no more than that, just life.

Rule Number Three In Life: life is what one wishes to make of it.

Rule Number Four In English: Television is abbreviated TV, not TeeVee...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.