Author Topic: primitives tell stretchies about cops  (Read 1058 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives tell stretchies about cops
« on: July 30, 2008, 07:07:26 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3694938

Oh my.

One wonders what it is, that makes primitives not like cops.

Bonobo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 09:15 AM
Original message

Never, Ever, Ever Talk to the Cops!!!!!

In a brilliant pair of videos, , Prof. James Duane of the Regent University School of Law and Officer George Bruch of the Virginia Beach Police Department present a forceful case for never, ever, ever speaking to the police without your lawyer present. Ever. Never, never, never.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/28/law-prof-and-cop-a...

NOTE: Please at least watch the lawyer's video. It's about 27 minutes and may save you an enormous amount of grief. The policeman's video afterwards is also very good but focuses on how police try to get confessions, etc.

Okay, so that's the topic of the bonfire, but it turns to stretchies about cops soon thereafter.

Truth4Justice  (242 posts) Tue Jul-29-08 11:35 PM
Response to Reply #10

42. Was told by my attorney that camcorder info often "disappears" if it shows the cop was lying.

Psst_Im_Not_Here  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 01:30 PM
Response to Reply #23

35. "Thanks, and Dick Cheney is an asshole!"

Hubby got pulled over in Wyoming for speeding. The cop gave him his ticket and hubby said, "Thanks, and Dick Cheney is an asshole!" The cop said "Yes he is, have a nice evening." Bwahahaha!

kickysnana  Donating Member  (517 posts) Tue Jul-29-08 11:37 AM
Response to Original message

28. OT Dumping a story to get rid of it.

This is going to follow me all day if I don't get it out so excuse this post.

I lived in St Paul in the summer of 1981. My two sons 4 and 6 and I walked over to the elementary school for the kindergarten round-up. We lived in a poorer area just north of the "ghetto". We were walking home and were at a 4 way stop sign. A St Paul police squad car was approaching from the north and I could see he was braking. Family rule was you held a parents hand until you were 6 years old when we crossed the street. My 4 year old son was a little restless that his older brother was getting all the attention that day so he did not want to but I held his hand anyway. I stepped off the curb he was pulling me from the front. I heard the squad car hit the gas and start to accelerate quickly and I pulled him back hard as I backtracked I could and he ended up falling on his butt behind me. The squad car passed inches in front of us.

I walked home stunned and called the police department to report what had happened. I closed the door and the person on the other end said they could do nothing without a squad car number or license plate. Having never been almost deliberately run over I didn't think to get it.

I treated it like any other incident hoping that my kids would not think that a policeman just tried to kill us but the next day the four year old asked "Why did that policeman try to run us over.". I told him I hoped that he really wasn't, that he had gotten an emergency call on his radio about an emergency and just didn't see us. He told me when he was older that he didn't buy my explanation and that he still remembered it and was scared when he he saw a police car. My kids did not buy Officer Friendly either.

As and aside to my aside. My youngest was always a leader/peacemaker. Even in daycare, on the playground and in school. He was recommended and invited to be in Explorer Scouts future law enforcement and I know that that incident is probably why he did not go that direction.

slampoet  (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-29-08 11:59 AM

31. I used to live in a town where once I nearly had to mace an off duty cop to stop him from killing a person whose only "crime" was missing the wastebasket at Arby's.

Flash forward to ten year later i am visiting that same town and see a person drive a van into the dirt of a construction zone, bury it up to the axels and then abandon it.

I later heard that the van was used to injure a cop.

I never came forward because i didn't want to get the shit beaten out of me for being a witness.

Cops NEVER care about being decent Americans when one of their own is injured.

temperancedissent  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 03:56 AM

55. Ya know I got in some big trouble years ago

And I wish I would have known this then but I didn't so.... but i was was lucky. VERY VERY lucky.

Anyway my attorney at the time said no matter what, "Never ever NEVER cop to nuthin! Volunteer absolutely NOTHING!" The more you say the more they have against you even if it seems benign.

The other thing I realized is that even though you are provided a Pubic Defender because you can't afford an attorney.. the fact of the matter is... you can not afford to not hire your own attorney.

Had I not hired my own attorney I'm sure I would have been sentenced to 3 to 5 years in da big house for girls

You know, why is it that only criminals and primitives have problems with cops?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: primitives tell stretchies about cops
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:42:55 AM »

Your redundancy is shining through Frank.   

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »

Your redundancy is shining through Frank.   

KC

But, Coach gets an H5 for it anyway.  :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:10:57 AM »
Ya know, Chris Rock's 'simple pointers' aren't just for the black folk.  Even elitist, worthless liberal DUchebags can use these simple steps to avoid getting their asses kicked by the police.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gCCjFbFXn8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gCCjFbFXn8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Maybe this should be a training video for 'Re-create '68' and the rest of the NeoCom idiots planning to protest the DNC Convention a couple weeks from now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:12:57 AM by DefiantSix »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »
I love that video....funny as hell... :lmao:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".