Author Topic: primitives discuss John McCain's cancer recurring  (Read 892 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss John McCain's cancer recurring
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:41:45 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3690009

Oh my.

LuckyTheDog  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 02:35 PM
Original message

McCain's cancer back? Maybe   

Personally, I think this could be a ploy. McCain might want an excuse to drop out "for health reasons" before the GOP convention -- depending on what the polls tell him:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN28499676200...

BAKERSFIELD, California (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who has suffered from skin cancer in the past, had a spot removed from his face on Monday during a routine checkup by a doctor in Phoenix, an aide said.

"At this point it was just a precautionary removal," the aide told reporters on McCain's campaign plane. She said the spot was covered by a bandage and was visible on his face.

McCain has had four malignant melanomas -- a potentially lethal type of skin cancer -- surgically removed since 1993. Three of them were limited to the top layers of the skin and were not invasive. The fourth melanoma was invasive and was removed from his left temple in 2000

cliffordu  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 02:36 PM
Response to Original message

2. Me and swampg8r have been barking up this tree for a couple of months now -

There is NO WAY McCain is going to be on the ballot. He is obviously too ill to actually take the oath.

rateyes  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 02:41 PM
Original message

Ooooohhhhh. I'd LOVE to see a brokered Republican convention.

Apparently so would some Republicans, too.

franksolich is neutral on a brokered Republican convention, no feelings either way.

However, franksolich expects the Obamaite primitives to be greatly discombobulated by "deals" made at the earlier Democrat convention.

It's politics.

The babbling sister primitive betrays her, uh, racism.

babylonsister  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 02:36 PM

3. Or, he had a spot removed. Happens a lot when you get older, especially with lily white skin like he has.

Bonhomme Richard  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 02:41 PM

7. Romney just before convention.

Take it to the bank.

JerseygirlCT  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 02:41 PM

8. I think that's pretty common

People who've had melanoma get checked often just so the docs can catch things very, very early.

From one who knows, uh-huh.  That's what happens.

petronius  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 04:32 PM
Response to Reply #8

24. Indeed - I had two spots removed at my last skin checkup

(Actually, it happens at most of my checkups; I think my dermatologist has a fetish for the biopsy blade.)

I wouldn't assume anything beyond normal caution in McCain's case, and I hope the results are normal..

L. Coyote  (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-28-08 02:43 PM

10. Darth Invader is polishing his dome, waiting in the wings ...

The primitives for the most part jibber-jabber about Jeb Bush being the eventual Republican nominee.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

Re: primitives discuss John McCain's cancer recurring
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »
As liberals are left to their own hatred, expect this thread to get really bad.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: primitives discuss John McCain's cancer recurring
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »
Why do they always insist that Jeb will be the nominee for this election ? I think its their collective wish -- they really want the chance to call the next nominee "Bush III" - So far it seems to be the only thing that has gotten them any traction.

If there is a reason that McCain will drop out (which I doubt) ,they really cant afford to change their attack patterns now. Someone from the outside, such as Romney, will totally destroy their messages. ( Too Old & Bush's 3rd term)