Author Topic: 2014: the franksolich (NJCher)  (Read 12440 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
2014: the franksolich (NJCher)
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:12:57 AM »
Greetings! decent and civilized people, and lurking primitives, all!

The “franksolich” is the award given a primitive who deserved to be in the Top DUmmies, but got overlooked by the voters.

This is the second year for the award; last year’s winner--it was then called the “CCA,” an acronym whose meaning I no longer remember--was Atman, who was overlooked again this year, and briefly considered for a repeat for this award, given his blatant lie about not owning a tan, or light brown, suit from Filene’s basement in Boston.

I dunno why the guy lies; he’s never gotten away with it.

But anyway, he’s not this year’s winner; the NJCher primitive is.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor isn’t one of the most famous characters featured in the DUmpster, unless one reads the cooking and baking threads, where she’s a star.

But surely even those of the audience of the DUmpster who aren’t familiar with her, are at least familiar with her most-famous cuisinary creation:

She was so proud of it she took a picture of it.

Perceptions of what it looks like vary, but to me, it looks as if someone had a bad case of diarrhea and forgot to flush.

Now, perhaps it’s healthy and with all sorts of good stuff in it, but surely Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor’s aware that the “appearance” of something has something to do with stimulating the appetite.

Surely she understands that using the same ingredients, but altering its appearance to a more-appetizing sight, would make it more appealing.

I dunno how it could be altered so as to look more pleasant, but I’m not the cooking expert here; she is.

- - - - - - - - - -

What many in the audience don’t realize however, is that Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor, is much more than a cooking-and-baking freak.

She’s about 60 years old, married, and lives in an affluent enclave near Newark, New Jersey.  I think she’s had kids, but don’t quote me on that.  She’s a teacher, apparently of English, and apparently at some two-year community college.

She’s pretty well-heeled, both through her parents and from her husband, who’s always taking first-class jet-setting trips to Europe on some sort of labor-union business.

And, oooooh, is she a snob.

- - - - - - - - -

Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor posted this in the Lounge on Skins’s island on July 25, 2014, but alas I forgot to save the link:

I was living in the midwest, where I was born, in the midst of "conservative" types. They were driving me nuts with their backwards policies. I used to hate seeing outdoor boards that were anti-choice, for example. I was a born radical and in those days, Berkeley was the place to be. I asked my dad to send me to school there, but being somewhat of a conservative, he declined.

Yeah, the rich girl in search of a “cause.”

While I worked in several radical (at the time, now mainstream) political groups in the midwest, I still couldn't stand the slow pace. I also believed in myself and didn't want to waste my career in some backwater small city.

I decided to seek a job where I could work in the "big time" of my field. That meant NYC. Oddly enough, I applied for three jobs with major Fortune 100 firms, received three offers, and enjoyed a terrific career in media. They even moved me, found me a place to live, and paid for everything.

As a result, I largely got away from republicans and took up residence in a very liberal town. I soon began seeing how important it is to live in an area where one shares at least broad political views with one's fellow residents. I continued to work for liberal causes, only now I felt I was really among my peers.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ms Vanderbilt-Astor’s also apparently a mystic or something.  This is what she said in the late dear old sweet Lu’s astrology and witchcraft forum:

NJCher (16,701 posts) Wed Jun 25, 2014, 10:34 PM

I Think I Had a Visit (long)

Like many ASAH'ers, I read a good deal on communication from the other side. Some sources say that when thoughts of a person who has crossed over enter our mind, we should consider that they may be paying us a visit.

With that thought in mind, here's what happened to me a few weeks ago. First, however, a little background.

At the beginning of my marketing career, many decades ago in the late 70s and early 80s, I covered a large territory for one of America's Big 3 automotive companies. I was the first woman hired as an executive by the auto industry.

I had an automotive dealer in my territory who was the dream of every marketing manager. This exceptional individual, who I will call "El," did everything right. He virtually required no work on my part and if I'd had a territory full of guys like El, I could have done nothing, sat back, and collected a big fat paycheck.

That, of course, was not the case. I had one other superstar and the rest were basket cases who required a lot of hard work to get them to do what they were supposed to do.

El was in a good-sized city. He was married to a woman named "Ev" and they were the perfect couple: two people who were made for each other (their real names are similarly alliterative). Whenever I visited them, El and Ev treated me like royalty. They would take me out to dinner at a restaurant that I was particularly fond of. They acted like it was a big deal that their "factory rep" was in town. Nothing interrupted our discussions.

We had the most wonderful of conversations. El had an acerbic wit that I enjoyed enormously, while Ev was a softening influence--warm, kind, and very pretty, with lovely blonde hair. I recall she liked to wear mohair, and this, with her shiny, wavy blonde hair, gave her an angelic appearance.

El and Ev were older people when I knew them, so when the two of them popped into my mind back on June 8, I knew they had to have passed.

The images that came into my head were very vivid. They were of the dining occasions we'd shared and the witticisms of El. I felt their presence. It was...well, for want of a better word, delightful. That doesn't even describe it, though. Elation might be close.

Now, assuming it was the two, I have no idea why they decided to pay a visit after all these years. I'm just glad they did. It made me feel so good and it brought up so many happy memories.

One night, a few days after the visit, I decided I would research when they crossed over. I Googled both, and learned that El crossed over in 2001. Ev lived in a senior apartment complex until she crossed over in 2011, so she was without her beloved El for a decade.

Now, here's the synchronicity. The day I had the visit was June 8. When reading the obituaries, I saw that Ev had crossed over on June 8. To me, that was a little sign that I wasn't imagining this visit.

It's interesting to think about how we can be going about our lives and if we pick up on it, we can have a visit from people from our past.

I will always think of this visit with great fondness, as I felt for this couple when they were in physical form.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/122016877
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=96940.0

- - - - - - - - - -

In summing up the character and being of Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor, she’s the model of the typical Democrat-liberal-primitive.

In other words, a blatant hypocrite.

On one hand, such people allege themselves to be socially-conscious, to be caring people concerned for the plight of those who have less.

But while hundreds of millions of people in the world are starving, like the aristocrats of immediate pre-Revolutionary France she remains walled up in the palace of her affluent world, dining daintily and gluttonously on only the finest, most exquisite chow one can find.

While so many others beg for a single crust of bread, she has the chutzpah, the gall, the nerve to brag about all the fancy foods she makes and eats, about all the fancy expensive restaurants she patronizes…..and she doesn’t even feel guilty about it.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:56:32 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: 2014: the franksolich
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:29 AM »
Okay, that was the penultimate award for the Top DUmmies of 2014.

The Top DUmmie of 2014--and I'll bet hardly anybody can imagine who it is--will come out, probably, just before suppertime this evening.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:24:05 AM »
I see where the Vanderbilt-Astor moniker comes from.

Here's the link you're missing: http://metamorphosis.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1018&pid=643436
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
I have no doubt that in the eyes and mind of an eclectic cooking and baking Primitive the ragoût d' égouts looks like a masterpiece much as to Judy the glop of a "pie" was an advertising stroke of genius.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline the county

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
What's an ASAHer? I guess Cher is trying to say she experiences some sort of supernatural experiences. I never knew that about her. I have heard that she likes to review books:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3L5PMFPCCQ0H7/ref=cr_cm_rdp_pdp_see_all?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

and that one of her big missions in life is to ban leaf blowers:

I'm going to be writing to Al (Gore) about my 15-year's worth of research on the damage done to the environment by suburban lawns. This is my pet project. I was a founder of a grassroots group that got the use of leaf blowers banned in the suburban NJ community in which I lived for over 20 years.

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/NJCher

http://connect.nj.com/user/njcher/index.html

Cher doesn't seem to be too fond of HER governor. But the award is deserved IMO.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:55:08 PM »
I hope the snobbish scrunt reads this post by coach.   :rofl:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 01:41:32 AM »
Excellent choice.
A more deserving candidate does not exist.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.