Author Topic: Sicknick had returned to the office, not died at the Capitol kerfuffle  (Read 700 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
In an unforgivable shocker, the House Trial Memorandum itself, which sets forth the very impeachment charges for which the 45th President stands accused, names Trump liable for "insurrectionists" that "killed a Capitol police officer by striking him in the head with a fire extinguisher." Their source? The New York Times.

Ken Sicknick had been told his brother collapsed inside the Capitol building, then was rushed to the hospital...

But the US Capitol Police's statement that night told a different story: he had returned to his office at the police division first.

Sometime between Sicknick being fine, healthy, and back in his office on Wednesday night, and dead or effectively dead on early Thursday evening, Sicknick apparently suffered a stroke. The sequence of when and how that happened should be the easiest part of this story to put to bed. And yet we are being told to take this faith -- or as the media likes to say: "without evidence."

https://www.revolver.news/2021/02/maga-blood-libel-why-are-they-hiding-the-medical-report/
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Sicknick had returned to the office, not died at the Capitol kerfuffle
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 12:15:36 PM »
you would think that Trump's defense team presenting the death certificate and autopsy report (if one was done) at the show trial should put this nonsense to bed for good.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 06:38:26 PM »
Mother of Officer Sicknick confirms media got cause of death wrong: ‘He wasn’t hit on the head’
https://thepostmillennial.com/mother-of-officer-sicknick-syas-her-son-was-not-beaten-with-fire-extinguisher-likely-died-of-stroke

The mother of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick said in an interview with Daily Mail that her son was not beaten with a fire extinguisher, but likely suffered a stroke.

"He wasn't hit on the head no. We think he had a stroke, but we don't know anything for sure," Gladys Sicknick said. "We'd love to know what happened."

Shortly after the Capitol Hill riot on Jan 6, The New York Times reported, based on anonymous sources, that Sicknick was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher.

"[Pro]-Trump supporters… overpowered Mr Sicknick, 42, and struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher according to two law enforcement officials," the paper wrote. They have since issued a correction to the story weeks later.

The report was picked up uncritically by other major news outlets, who did not bother to confirm the legitimacy of the Times' reporting. The story of him being beaten with a fire extinguisher was even presented as fact in former President Donald Trump's second impeachment trial.

Sicknick's brother also disputed the widely-disseminated story about Sicknick's death. "He texted me last night and said, 'I got pepper-sprayed twice,' and he was in good shape," the brother stated.

Brian Sicknick had a stroke.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:41:27 PM »
the new york slimes and any other media outlet that ran with the unverified story about Officer Sicknick being killed by a blow to the head by a fire extinguisher should be banned from social media for reporting lies that lead to the false impeachment of a legitimate President.

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 09:53:48 AM »
I felt like the early reporting of Sicknick's death wanted us to believe that the Capitol Building is like a building from 1960, with multi-dozens of ugly fire-extinguisher placements everywhere.

They are 'tucked-away' in nooks and aesthetically discreet locations... virtually illogical for anyone to actively mess-with because of a perceived ruckus nearby.  Not improbable.  Just implausible.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
Yeah, and it's still noteworthy that the only casualty from a weapon was wielded by a Capitol Police officer when he shot an unarmed women when she tried to climb through a window.

Much of this crap - and a lot of it is crap - spun by the legacy media.

Is anyone surprised?

Oh, Nasty Pelousy -- where the hell were you during all of this, what actions had you authorized or denied, and what did you know beforehand?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 09:49:52 AM »
The silver-lining is that the FBI has Pelosi's phone-records.  Even if they're on her side, they're not relinquishing-back her phone-records. 

Course a judge can order them returned... tempting her to bite on the bait.  They belong to us.  We'll hear what's in them call-by-call.

Those are her choices.  Shut-up or make a desperate grab.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 10:42:33 AM »
The silver-lining is that the FBI has Pelosi's phone-records.  Even if they're on her side, they're not relinquishing-back her phone-records. 

Course a judge can order them returned... tempting her to bite on the bait.  They belong to us.  We'll hear what's in them call-by-call.

Those are her choices.  Shut-up or make a desperate grab.

those records can easily be "lost" when a file server has a "catastrophic failure" causing all the data on it to be lost forever....

Police lives matter.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 04:48:56 PM »
those records can easily be "lost" when a file server has a "catastrophic failure" causing all the data on it to be lost forever....

Exactly. If they try prosecuting President Trump in a criminal court, then her phone records could be critical to the defense.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »
Exactly. If they try prosecuting President Trump in a criminal court, then her phone records could be critical to the defense.

And the absence of same could be basis for a counter-suit against Nasty Pelousy and her ilk.

Would love to see that one play out, if the system allows suing a congressional leader not for her decisions vis a vis politics but for ancillary responsibilities such as security of the Capitol.

Nothing would make my heart pitter-patter more than seeing Nasty doing the duffle-bag drag out of D.C. and back to her feces- and used-syringe strewn district.

That's where she belongs, after all.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.