Author Topic: Dem Rep. Khanna: ‘We Don’t Want’ Small Businesses That Can’t Afford $15 Minimum  (Read 846 times)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
From Breitbart today:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/21/dem-rep-khanna-we-dont-want-small-businesses-that-cant-afford-15-minimum-wage/

How nice ...  ::)   How ignorant of the facts can he be? :argh:

My 2 favorites from the comments section with which I heartily agree, and couldn't have stated it better myself!  ...

Number one : 

The total destruction of small business is the goal of the Democrat collectivists.

Number two: 

Democrats want to destroy this country and create a permanent class of dependent citizens and bribe them for their vote.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:54:58 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
From Breitbart today:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/21/dem-rep-khanna-we-dont-want-small-businesses-that-cant-afford-15-minimum-wage/

How nice ...  ::)   How ignorant of the facts can she be? :argh:

My 2 favorites from the comments section with which I heartily agree, and couldn't have stated it better myself!  ...

Number one : 

Number two:

Liberals are all economic dunces.  Mostly because they've never held a job outside of academia or politics.

And ABC, my dear, Ro Khanna is a dude not a chick. :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Liberals are all economic dunces. 

It's not ignorant or stupid of it's deliberate.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
How nice ...  ::)   How ignorant of the facts can she be? :argh:

Ro Khanna is a he, not a she, part of the AOC crowd and unfortunately my rep in Congress.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I would LOVE to see one of these people actually have to run a successful business.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Hell's bells!  How many times can I screw up in one day?

Good thing I have my hair shirt standing by.  :-)

I also screwed up tonight's dinner (no details forthcoming) ...

So, I will  sneak in to correct my original post & quietly slink away!     :rotf:

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Hell's bells!  How many times can I screw up in one day?

Good thing I have my hair shirt standing by.  :-)

I also screwed up tonight's dinner (no details forthcoming) ...

So, I will  sneak in to correct my original post & quietly slink away!     :rotf:

Well, I'm not sure you can completely forget about a pork shoulder I put in the oven at 210 deg. F., set the oven timer at 9 hours....

....like I did two days ago.

Opened the oven door last night to see that pork shoulder patiently waiting. And waiting. And waiting.....
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
More to the point, though -

Snugs is absolutely correct. The Dems WANT to destroy small business because of their independent spirit, entrepreneurship, and willingness to work harder than most.

Can't have those qualities in a communist, collectivist system.

Therefore, only the state and the state's sycophants are allowed to "have" a business.

It's evil and it's wrong, but it's not stupid. They are determined to destroy capitalism and the western way of life in favor of more power for them.

Hell, if Joe Stalin could do it, why can't Khanna and his ilk?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Ro Khanna is a he, not a she, part of the AOC crowd and unfortunately my rep in Congress.

I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing makes me cringe more than that kinda stuff.

I no longer live in the Detroit area, having moved away decades ago (can ya blame me?), but the people who live there now elected, and reelected Rashida Tlaib. I am ashamed of that. WTF were you people thinking?

Offline DLR Pyro

The moron is trying to compare a giant like Amazon who's business has skyrocketed since the dempanic and subsequent lockdown to the local one store mom and pop businesses who struggle daily even before there was a chi-vi lockdown.

Khanna said, “Abby, it’s absolutely the right time to give working Americans a raise. Let’s look at the facts. Amazon raised their wage to $15 nationally, not regionally. They have more jobs today. It didn’t hurt job creation or business. Target followed. They also did it nationally, more jobs.”

looking at his background on wikipedia shows this snobbish "elite" has had an easy life ever since college, rubbing elbows with other democrat "elites", venture capitalists, the tech industry, academia and feeding from the trough as an appointed government official.  Nothing points to him ever having to meet a payroll for employees working for him.

As a student at the University of Chicago, Khanna worked for William D. Burns walking precincts during Barack Obama's first campaign for the Illinois Senate in 1996.[18][19][20] Khanna interned for Jack Quinn when Quinn served as the Chief of Staff for Vice President Al Gore.[21] As a sophomore, he interned at former president Jimmy Carter's Carter Center.

Khanna worked at O'Melveny & Myers as an attorney representing technology companies on intellectual property and trade secret issues from 2004 to 2009.[22]

In 2009 President Obama appointed Khanna deputy assistant secretary of the United States Department of Commerce.[16] In that role,[23] Khanna led international trade missions[24] and worked to increase United States exports.[25] He was later appointed to the White House Business Council.[23]

Khanna resigned from the Department of Commerce in August 2011 to join Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, a law firm in Silicon Valley.[26] His pro bono legal activity includes work with the Mississippi Center for Justice on several contractor fraud cases on behalf of Hurricane Katrina victims and coauthoring an amicus brief to the U.S. Supreme Court in the Mt. Holly case to allow race discrimination suits under the Fair Housing Act of 1968.[27][28] As part of a pro bono legal team, Khanna filed an amicus brief on behalf of 13 of the country's leading social scientists in the Supreme Court case Fisher v. University of Texas (2016). That brief included research on how a diverse educational environment benefits students and cited studies showing that race-conscious admissions policies (known as affirmative action) used by institutions like the University of Texas result in a more diverse student body.[29][30][31]

Khanna was a visiting lecturer of economics at Stanford University from 2012 to 2016, taught law at the Santa Clara University School of Law,[8] and taught American jurisprudence at San Francisco State University.[32] In 2012 he published a book on American competitiveness in business, Entrepreneurial Nation: Why Manufacturing is Still Key to America's Future.[23][33] Governor Jerry Brown appointed Khanna to the California Workforce Investment Board in 2012.[34] Khanna served on the board of Planned Parenthood Mar Monte from 2006 until 2013 while on leave from the Obama Administration.

In 2014, Khanna left Wilson Sonsini for his first, unsuccessful campaign for California's 17th congressional district seat.[36] He lost a close election to the incumbent, Mike Honda, but garnered substantial support from the Silicon Valley tech industry.[37] He then took a job as Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Smart Utility Systems.

In 2016, he challenged Honda again and won, with significant support from venture capital firms and tech companies.[38] He was reelected in 2018 and 2020.[35]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ro_Khanna#Early_work_in_politics,_law,_and_teaching

and yet the democrat party says they are for the working man...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing makes me cringe more than that kinda stuff.

I no longer live in the Detroit area, having moved away decades ago (can ya blame me?), but the people who live there now elected, and reelected Rashida Tlaib. I am ashamed of that. WTF were you people thinking?

Yeah, I used to think Mike Honda was bad....till he was replaced by someone even worse in the form of Ro Khanna.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe