Author Topic: Police: Officer kills man who beat child to death  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Dixie*Darling

Police: Officer kills man who beat child to death
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:55:05 PM »
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iscBPJrU2CD3fEmT2_e0ww8bq4xgD91AQFU00

Police: Officer kills man who beat child to death

21 hours ago

TURLOCK, Calif. (AP) — Police killed a 27-year-old man as he kicked, punched and stomped a toddler to death despite other people's attempts to stop him on a dark, country road, authorities said.

Investigators on Sunday were trying to establish the relationship between the suspect and the child they say he killed Saturday night. The Stanislaus County coroner said the boy appeared to be between 1 and 2 years old based on his size, according to county sheriff's deputy Royjindar Singh.

"It's been a long night of wondering, 'Why?' — not only for the officers and the passers-by who stopped and tried to help out, but for anyone. Why would somebody do this?" Singh said.

Singh said the coroner does not plan to confirm the identities of the suspect and victim until Monday. Because his injuries were so severe, the child will have to be identified through a blood or DNA test, he said.

The suspect had a child's car seat in the back of his four-door pickup truck. The truck caught the attention of an elderly couple at 10:13 p.m. Saturday because it was stopped in the two-lane road facing the wrong direction, Singh said.

As they got closer, the couple saw the man brutally beating the toddler behind his truck and throwing the child on the ground, according to Singh. Two or three other cars stopped, an unusual number to be passing through the remote area surrounded by a dairy, a cow pasture, a cornfield and a farmhouse, he said.

"What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

A sheriff's helicopter responding to emergency calls from the area landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child, Singh said.

Paramedics tried to resuscitate the toddler, who was not breathing when they arrived. The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No children within the dead boy's age range have been reported kidnapped or missing in Stanislaus County, Singh said.

The incident happened on Bradbury Road about 10 miles west of Turlock, a city located about halfway between Sacramento and Fresno.

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~

I can't find the words  ... this is just shocking. 

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Police: Officer kills man who beat child to death
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »

I couldn't finish reading this.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
At least the SOB is dead, hope the officer is OK.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »
Oh my God. I simply have no words. God rest that baby's soul.

That is one piece of scum I would have gladly taken out.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
He just pushed them off and went back to it."

Wow.  Dollars to donuts says there are drugs and/or alcohol involved in this.

I would like to think that I would be capabale of doing some damage to this waste of human DNA, but I know there are some drugs that  make it impossible for the idiots to feel pain.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
^true. But I would go down fighting this sorry sonofabitch.

The article says an elderly couple stopped. It also says "witnesses". From the way it's written, I assume more than just the old couple stopped. People tried to intervene. I can't imagine being one of those people and not fighting this guy to the death. I think my instinct would kick in and I'd kill him. Somehow.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
Man..... :(

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »
There's a special place in hell for him. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, this paragraph says it all:

"What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

It is not the acts of evil men that will destroy this country, it is the indifference and inaction of the good.  From 1013 to 1019, nobody could be bothered to pick up a rock or a ****ing tire iron to save this child's life?  I don't know who to be more enraged at:  the asshole who beat a small child to death or the "witnesses" who did nothing.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 07:27:26 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, this paragraph says it all:

It is not the acts of evil men that will destroy this country, it is the indifference and inaction of the good.  From 1013 to 1019, nobody could be bothered to pick up a rock or a ******* tire iron to save this child's life?  I don't know who to be more enraged at:  the ******* who beat a small child to death or the "witnesses" who did nothing.

seconded - although I'd bet it was too late by the time the first person tried to stop the monster.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »
Good. One less rotten low life for Earth. The scumbag should rot in dark bowels of Hell for eternity along side with Saddam Hussein, Joseph Stalin, Elizabeth Bathory, and Andrew Cunanan.
 :bird:  :argh:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:37:14 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Georgia Bulldog

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »
It takes a despicable kind of evil to do something like that to a child. A waste of life like him disgusts me to no end.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
1874-1965, British Statesman, Prime Minister

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan
40th US President, 1911-2004

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
Re: Police: Officer kills man who beat child to death (update added)
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 12:58:04 PM »
UPDATE - http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/18/BA2G11ARO9.DTL

:censored: :censored: :censored:

I am deeply offended and appalled at how they insinuated that those of us who said we would have done something are just "Monday morning quarterbacking" and that it's "an aspiration to be a Good Samaritan". $%(&%(&*$%!!!!  :bird:

GIVE. ME. A. FLIPPING. BREAK. I can promise you that if this had happened in places I've lived, bystanders WOULD have killed this guy. WTF is wrong with the world?!?!? I know that people are paralyzed by fear and may not react in situations like this. But dammit!!! I know so many people who not have hesitated to take this guy out. Of course they would have probably been carrying a weapon on their person or in their vehicle.

They say that the witnesses couldn't see a weapon on the guy and that he hasn't using one on the boy. One witness had four other people with her. The five of them could have jumped the guy.

Something tells me that 911 told the callers to back off and not engage him. I know this little boy was probably beyond help by then but man, that guy needed some serious street justice, not people who waited for the cops.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
I read a different article that said the baby was dead before he stopped the truck to yank him out.  I still would have shot the SOB the second I saw what he was doing.  Stupid sick piece of shit.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
Oh my God. I simply have no words. God rest that baby's soul.

That is one piece of scum I would have gladly taken out.

Me too. I'm glad the cop saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial. He should get a medal for this.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"