Author Topic: White privilege  (Read 802 times)

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
White privilege
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:16:13 AM »
I've been seeing so much about white privilege for a while now and thought I'd address it since (1) I can't sleep and (2) I started out as white people before I got this fictional spirit-guide gig.

1. As a child, even though we were poor, since I was white I had the "privilege" of paying full price for my school lunch instead of getting free or reduced lunch. I say this is because of my white "privilege" because I know for a fact that many of the children getting free or reduced lunch had parents who earned more money than my parents. The only difference, other than income, was skin color.

2. As a graduating senior in high school since I was white I had the "privilege" of having to score higher on the SAT test in order to get into college.

3. When it came to funds for college, since I was white I had the "privilege" of not being able to qualify for all of the college assistance programs. For instance, the United Negro College Fund. Yeah, I know...it's supposed to be open to all, but how many times does it actually happen?

4. As an adult, when I was out of work, since I was white I had the "privilege" of NOT qualifying for government assistance because I was "an able-bodied white male". I guess that one was a combination of both my white AND male "privilege".

5. When I decided to start a business, since I was white I had the "privilege" of not having as many loan opportunities. I know this because the SBA representative that I met with told me that if I was a minority OR if my company was in my wife's name I would have a much easier time getting a loan. Again, this might be another combination of my white AND male "privilege".

6. Since I'm white I have the "privilege" of receiving the blame for every wrong (real or perceived) committed throughout history.

I'm sure there are lots of other "privileges" that I left out. I'm also sure that the DUmmies will tell me how all of the above is incorrect.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 09:53:15 AM by franksolich »
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: White privlege
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:05:39 AM »
I know for a fact that many of the children getting free or reduced lunch had parents who earned less money than my parents.

Ummmm is that what you really meant to type...? 

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
Re: White privlege
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:53:56 AM »
Ummmm is that what you really meant to type...?

You are correct. It was late. The strange things about those kids were that in high school, while still getting free or reduced lunch, several of them were driving to school in nice new cars purchased for them by their parents.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.