Author Topic: Chuck Todd Should resign.....  (Read 686 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Chuck Todd Should resign.....
« on: May 18, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »
Star Member turbinetree (16,569 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213451517

Politics 5/17/20 9:00 am Read time: 1 minute

Chuck Todd Says Nothing As Trump Aide Repeatedly Calls Pandemic 'The China Virus'

Trump administration trade adviser Peter Navarro repeatedly referred to COVID-19 as the "China virus" during an interview with NBC's Chuck Todd on Sunday.

:whatever:

Instead of noting that there is no such thing as "the China virus," Todd moved on to the next question.

Hey Todd, ......you have no business having a news program called Meet the Press..........you are disgrace to the press..............and should be fired............people are dying because of this and you do absolutely nothing............BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS...........

:angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers:

Star Member JI7 (76,164 posts)

2. Chuck Todd and similar types to him are worse than Openly right wing Fox News

House of Roberts (2,732 posts)

5. Meet the Press used to be a panel of journalists

who alternated asking the questions instead of just the host.

The host asking all the questions perverts the purpose of the show, and allows for partisan softball throwing.

dem4decades (5,329 posts)

7. Todd sucks so badly MSNBC wanted to move him out of the 5PM slot.

But they still give him Meet the Press?

What a bunch of idiots, he deserves nothing.

keithbvadu2 (14,212 posts)

8. Trumpvirus or Trump virus...

Trumpvirus or Trump virus...

Your choice

I prefer the phrase, "Pelosi Pandemic"...

Star Member DFW (37,651 posts)

12. NBC makes a huge mistake when they let political partisans have shows like MTP

When it was Larry Spivak's domain, it was a truly journalistic program. My dad was an occasional panelist, and the program never used to try to point the discussion in any one direction, and the guest was never thrown softball questions.

Only when the panel format was abandoned and it became the "lookit me" show for Tim Russert did it start to go downhill in content, although the ratings improved. When Russert died, NBC made the poor decision to offer the program to the uninspiring Republican-leaning David Gregory. When that fizzled, they figured one good mistake deserves another, and they give it to another Republican partisan, Chuck Todd. Todd's first time moderating the program, with no less than President Obama as his guest, was such a miserable performance, he got cited by David Letterman:

https://crooksandliars.com/2014/09/letterman-needles-chuck-todd-new-show

First, DUmpmonkies always have to make the tread about them. Notice how DFW (Dumb****ingWannabe) puts himself into the story by saying his dad was on Meet The Press...

Second, in 1945, Spivak and journalist Martha Rountree created and co-produced the weekly public affairs program Meet the Press as radio promotion for The American Mercury. A television edition began on NBC in November 1947, and separate shows continued until the radio version ceased in 1950. Spivak purchased Rountree's interest in the program in 1953.

Spivak sold Meet the Press to NBC in 1955 but remained as moderator, producer and panelist. He retired November 9, 1975, after a special one-hour broadcast that featured President Gerald R. Ford and marked the 28th anniversary of Meet the Press on television. Spivak continued to be a consultant to NBC until 1989, and made his last Meet the Press appearance in 1983

Star Member ProfessorGAC (39,129 posts)

15. He Was An Atwater Bootlicker

I don't know how much more obviously partisan one could be, than to worship Atwater.

Star Member samnsara (11,545 posts)

13. i turned the station immediately after hearing 'China virus'

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Chuck Todd Should resign.....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »
I wish every DU-member would read this report from the Congressional Research Service, https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R46354 .

It's 54 pages long, and I recommend, for the sake of your computer display, that you not drink anything while reading it. "China Virus" or "Wu-Flu" are comical compared to the horrific things Wuhan, Hubei, and China government did.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 07:45:02 PM »
Star Member turbinetree (16,569 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213451517

Politics 5/17/20 9:00 am Read time: 1 minute

Chuck Todd Says Nothing As Trump Aide Repeatedly Calls Pandemic 'The China Virus'

Trump administration trade adviser Peter Navarro repeatedly referred to COVID-19 as the "China virus" during an interview with NBC's Chuck Todd on Sunday.

Chuck Todd  is a big time leftist like most of NBC and MSNBC. Not left you enough.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 12:13:59 AM »
The DUmmies answer to anyone who they disagree with is they should immediately resign,  be impeached or boycotted.   No tolerance on the left for any differing opinions.

I saw someone (may have been on here) refer to the pandemic as the dempanic which fits nicely with how they have acted since February
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 02:16:59 AM »

Over and over Navarro called the Chicom funk the China virus and Chuck Todd said nothing. 

These snowflakes get triggered when someone calls it the China virus almost as bad as they get triggered when someone calls the democrat party the democrat party instead of calling it the democratic party.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 04:34:12 AM »
Always amazing how quickly the Democrats turn on their own  Step out of line and you will be attacked.  Do not disagree with the party line regardless of how often it shifts.  Be a good little commissar.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 06:29:54 AM »
I remember when it was a respected program.  One time in particular I recall as a high school or college student seeing King Hussein on it, and was impressed by his thoughtful and articulate answers.  It was a high-water mark for broadcast journalism that has been on a long slide ever since.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 08:16:38 AM »
Always amazing how quickly the Democrats turn on their own  Step out of line and you will be attacked.  Do not disagree with the party line regardless of how often it shifts.  Be a good little commissar.
It's as if no amount of media bias towards democrats is enough.