Author Topic: primitives discuss California budget cuts  (Read 1828 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: primitives discuss California budget cuts
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 05:18:01 PM »
These people think legalizing a drug that is easy to grow anywhere is going to help their budget situation? That is dumb.

First everyone who wants to will grow it. The price that taxed will have to be higher than the plummeting 'street' price, so who is going to buy it if the govt sells it, when you grow it much much cheaper?

This is like when people tell us the dude in UK didn't get a kidney because alcoholics don't deserve to get a rare, valuable kidney. If the fasmilies of the dead were given $500 or $1000 for the good organs does anyone think we would have a shortage? Of course not. We would have a huge surplus of donated organs and we would have the government still not wanting to pay for the operations. People die on transplant waiting lists because the government wants them to. period.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: primitives discuss California budget cuts
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 06:00:32 PM »
Don't forget that skilled workers, as well as small and large businesses are fleeing the state as quickly as they can.........not even ACORN will be able to keep California from loosing another few congressional districts after the next census.......

And Arnie is on TV every night nearly pleading for tourism..........hell, I can remember when tourists actually wanted to vacation in California.........not any more

doc

Edit: bold type my emphasis.

Note that I am one of those workers and am now making $25K more than what I did 3 years ago, and with housing prices half of California's, no state income or sales tax, and no silly bullshit "fees", my dollar goes a helluva lot farther here than it ever hoped to have gone in OC.  So what if I have to shovel snow 11 months a year.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford